+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I have tried the Skin79 Super Gold VIP BB Cream, here I did a review on it if you'd like more details on the product:

http://mintyfaced.blogspot.ca/2012/1...ld-review.html

Ah I know what it is now ^_^ I heard Missha was good but never to order from their site directly. I just wish there was something for darker skin (Pakistani) I think Missha # 27 (forgot which type of Missha though) would be fine or 31...that's the darkest they go.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectpanda37@mymelody.com View Post
    Ah I know what it is now ^_^ I heard Missha was good but never to order from their site directly. I just wish there was something for darker skin (Pakistani) I think Missha # 27 (forgot which type of Missha though) would be fine or 31...that's the darkest they go.
    Oh really? Have people had bad experiences with buying from Missha directly? I've ordered products from Missha a few times and I've never encountered a problem.
    Missha is probably the best brand to have a wider variety of shades. Most only have two or three shades.

I've only tried a few brands, and Missha is probably my favorite. They have a huge variety of BB creams, and I like the smell of their Missha M Perfect Coverage BB cream. It also has really good coverage and helped my skin out a lot.

I've also tried Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream. They also have a bigger variety of shades. Maybelline's BB cream doesn't have as good of a coverage as Missha's, but it's very lightweight and blends very easily. I liked the shade of this one a bit more because it matched my skin more easily whereas the Missha BB cream had a gray-ish tint and took awhile to oxidize. But I liked Missha's more because it has better coverage.

But a lot of makeup brands have BB creams now.
    You can go to Sephora to find higher end brands, like TooFaced (which I want to try!), Clinique, Smashbox, etc.
    You can also go to drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, or even Wal-Mart or Target to get less expensive brands like Revlon, Garnier, Maybelline, etc.
    Or if you have an Ulta nearby, you can find both kinds!
    You can also go shopping at Amazon to find Asian brands like Missha, Skin79, Rohto, etc.

Be aware though, BB creams are just like any foundation. There are different formulas so every brand is different. Some have shades better suited for you than they are for me, so I recommend new users to find an actual store you can go buy makeup so you can actually try out the shade and coverage on your skin first before buying. Some of these BB creams can be really pricey so if it doesn't work for you it can be a really huge waste of money.

Best of luck, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by myss_blewm@hellokitty.com View Post
    Oh really? Have people had bad experiences with buying from Missha directly? I've ordered products from Missha a few times and I've never encountered a problem.
    Missha is probably the best brand to have a wider variety of shades. Most only have two or three shades.

I've only tried a few brands, and Missha is probably my favorite. They have a huge variety of BB creams, and I like the smell of their Missha M Perfect Coverage BB cream. It also has really good coverage and helped my skin out a lot.

I've also tried Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream. They also have a bigger variety of shades. Maybelline's BB cream doesn't have as good of a coverage as Missha's, but it's very lightweight and blends very easily. I liked the shade of this one a bit more because it matched my skin more easily whereas the Missha BB cream had a gray-ish tint and took awhile to oxidize. But I liked Missha's more because it has better coverage.

But a lot of makeup brands have BB creams now.
    You can go to Sephora to find higher end brands, like TooFaced (which I want to try!), Clinique, Smashbox, etc.
    You can also go to drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, or even Wal-Mart or Target to get less expensive brands like Revlon, Garnier, Maybelline, etc.
    Or if you have an Ulta nearby, you can find both kinds!
    You can also go shopping at Amazon to find Asian brands like Missha, Skin79, Rohto, etc.

Be aware though, BB creams are just like any foundation. There are different formulas so every brand is different. Some have shades better suited for you than they are for me, so I recommend new users to find an actual store you can go buy makeup so you can actually try out the shade and coverage on your skin first before buying. Some of these BB creams can be really pricey so if it doesn't work for you it can be a really huge waste of money.

Best of luck, everyone!
    Thank you
    BB Cream JUST became popular in the US, because now it's EVERYWHERE O_o

I've been using BB cream for I think a little more than a year and a half now. I really like them because of their skin improving properties.

So far I've used Skin79 (pink and gold), THEFACESHOP and innisfree. I have a couple American BB creams too, but I don't really like them because they're orangey and I feel like they don't do anything for my skin, and they're a little cakey as well.

I really recommend Skin79's BB creams.

I buy my BB cream in local shops but if you can't find them in your city then I recommend ordering from YesStyle. I've ordered from this website so I can say they have good service.

You can also look at charts online, like this one, so you know which BB cream you should get.

Junko, does Skin79's BB cream work on tan skin, like Latina/ Just tan Caucasian skin?
    A lot of the american BB creams for darker skin tint my skin and just make break-outs, that or they make me look white O_o

Unfortunately Skin79 is available in only a few shades which are very light, and they do have whitening effects. But you might be able to use them if you blend well, or mix with another product. I just googled this and found this blog post which might help you.

Aww that's too bad, I thought when it oxidizes it automatically matched your skintone.
    I don't know how to apply makeup on since my mom is strict about it.
    I have no idea what foundation is, or what color of it I am O_o...

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectpanda37@mymelody.com View Post
    Aww that's too bad, I thought when it oxidizes it automatically matched your skintone.
    I don't know how to apply makeup on since my mom is strict about it.
    I have no idea what foundation is, or what color of it I am O_o...
    Off topic, I know. Foundation is simply cream or powder that absorbs your skin's grease so that applying make up it's easier and to even your skin tone so you look "glowy" and prettier. I use cream foundation because it's easier to spread evenly (IMHO) if I have to use make up at all. Foundation should always match your skin tone so you don't look like a Jersey Shore wannabe. The easiest way to finding out this is applying some to either the underside of your arm or the back of your hand because they have the skin tone most similar to your face. It depends, though. When I was tanner the back of my hand had my face's skin tone but now my underside matches it better.

You are too young to need make-up, you have great skin; enjoy it. I didn't use any make-up but lipsticks and sometimes eye shadow (for more solemn occasions) until I was 17.

On topic, lightening creams tend to be bad. AVOID!!!!!! I'll see if next time I can dig some articles up of scientific magazines with some studies that I've read.
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)

Junior Member chrisnele@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I've read that you can buy samples and swatch them on, and see if it matches before you buy the entire thing. I've been using THEFACESHOP's bb cream for a while now. It's okay for me now, but I might want to try out Missha and Skin79 since they seem to have favorable reviews.