+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    First of all, isn't called "Beauty Balm?" Well, I guess there's more than one name for it, but that's what I heard in advertisements in magazines and commercials.

I've tried Maybelline's BB cream and yeah, it's pretty much like using a tinted moisterizer. It's ironic that one of you said that American brands causes breakouts because when I saw an article about BB creams in In Style magazine they said that Maybelline's brand is better for girls in their teens and twenties because it doesn't clog pores and claimed that someone who works for the magazine was having less breakouts since using the product. For me, I break out the same way like from using any other tinted moisterizer. There is a bit of coverage and sort of blurs out imperfection.

I'm currently using Garnier's brand, which has one for normal skin and one that's for combination to oily skin. It's more watery than the Maybelline brand and I had to make sure I didn't use too much because it would look too caked on. It does, however, even out my skin tone a little more. It also claimed that it absorbs excess oil on combination/oily skin, but throughout the day my skin still gets oily (I think I'm the combination type since I get oily around the forehead and nose area) so I don't think that part works for me. Overall BB creams are so-so. Not too much different than foundation/tinted moisterizers.

I use tinted moisterizers and currently BB creams because I figured it would protect my skin from the sun a little with broad spetrum UVA/UVB protection. However, I know it's not enough protection for staying in the sun for too long. It doesn't replace actual sunscreen (even though the drug facts treat it as if it's regular sunscreen) dispite the SPF number on the tube. It's the same with tinted moisterizers and foundations. It's okay to use them alone if your only going to stay in the sun for a short time like commuting to school or work. But if you know you're going to spend most of your day outdoors and decide to wear it, make sure to put regular sunscreen on your face first and then put on the BB cream or whatever you decide to use. This came out long but oh well ;P !
    Last edited by hanarosa@hellokitty.com; 06-16-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Junior Member neomeo@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Dreamland, Planet Popstar, with Kirby and META KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!! :D <(-^^-<)

Red face CC Cream for Thought.

Well, my mom has BB cream, and it kind of works. But there's this new cream though. It's called CC cream and you can get it at Korean stores. It's not well known yet, and companies aren't copying the idea yet, but it's bound to be better than BB cream!

Junior Member neomeo@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Dreamland, Planet Popstar, with Kirby and META KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!! :D <(-^^-<)
    Well there's CC cream now...
    I'd say CC cream will be better than BB cream. So far American companies haven't copied it yet.

Actually there are department store drugstore CC creams that you can find in the USA.

Olay, Stila, Covergirl, and Clinique produce CC creams.

After trying so many different BB creams i would say that my favorite would be L'oreal BB cream in the lightest shade because it matches my skin color the best, provides great coverage, and is inexpensive at only $7 a bottle which lasts me quite a long time. And the application is easy due to the nozzle of the tube.

But finding the right BB/CC cream depends entirely on your skin type and budget. what works for me might not work for anyone else.
    ✧・゚✰ *:。 moon prism power 。:* ✰・゚✧