+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What Made You Love Hello Kitty/Sanrio Characters?

When I was a little girl (I'm now almost 20) my mom and dad used to take me to the Sanrio store (I called it the Hello Kitty store...still do, haah ha) at our local mall. I remember walking in hand-in-hand with my parents as my eyes widened seeing all the pink. I would get so excited and walk around slowly so I could take it all in. To me this was Disneyland! I was never a bratty kid that wanted whatever she wanted. I would always get a pen or some erasers for when I went to school so if I got bored I'd play with those, but I'd NEVER use them. They were too special to me.
    Eventually, the Hello Kitty store closed down at our mall and I soon forgot about it for years. My parents broke up 5 years ago and just recently, about 2 months ago, I had a flashback of walking in with my parents when they were still together and I instantly became obsessed with it again. I believe it's because I miss my childhood and my parents together. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. *Sigh* There were such good times. I miss the 90's so much. :')

Well, that's my story on why I personally love Hello Kitty. What's yours? : )

Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    because hello kitty is super cute ! i have so many collections of hello kitty stuff in my bedroom !

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    My first experience with them was from joining Hello Kitty Online which got me into looking up some of the Sanrio characters where I found my favorite- Kuromi! I ended up watching Onegai My Melody and learned to love that little furry troublemaker.

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    that's sweet

hehe thank you.

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Well...

I guess i'm just attracted to her kind hearted and most of all, cheerful spirit.

And, yeah, she's also cute. XD <3;

I did have some HK stuff as a kid too though. Well, at least I remember having a computer game of her, anyways XD Still, I had a special nickname for it...'Kitty Cat Love', I think.

I should call HK by that very name again sometime too^_^ It'd be plesently nastalgiac on my very part...
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD

I guess I love Hello Kitty so much because I was raised quite gender neutral (e.g. the clothes which I had worn at that time were given to my little brother later).
    When I spotted my first Hello Kitty article I felt really girly for the first time, and that's how I'm nowadays ^^
    Totally addicted to pink girly stuff and of course Hello Kitty!!!

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    HK is just so sweet and innocent. She's peaceful and loving, a contrast to most of the rest of the real world. (Plus I started liking Sanrio when I first got Japonisme a few years back, so Japan + cute little kitty = I like it! XD) And after that I learned about the other characters and fell in love with them, too.
    The best things in life are free... Except for chocolate!

I first got into Sanrio was two years ago. In the summer or August and I started looking up Hello Kitty then I saw a back to school video staring Kitty and friends. Then I watch the My Melody anime then It got old. Then after that I watched a Cinnamoroll video that was a promo video of a doll of him dancing to the music. I used to get scared and creeped out by him until I saw the Cinnamon the Movie trailer. Im still in love with Cinnamoroll and his friends to this day.

☆ ♥คฬєร๏๓є♥ ☆ daniel311_2009@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I got into liking hello kitty because she is so cute! my bedroom is filled with hello kitty all over the place! XD
    ✿.❤❀.❤.✿.❤♥ ✿.❤❀.❤.✿.❤.❤.❀.❤.❀.
    US/C Server: ♥♥Herly♥♥ International Server: ♥♥Twirly♥♥
    ♥✿.❤❀.❤.✿.❤ ♥✿.❤❀.❤.✿.❤ ♥✿.❤✿.❤

。・゚★・。・。 ★・゚・。・゚★・。・。★・゚・。・゚★・。・。★・゚・。・゚★・。。・゚★
    My Blog Link: http://blog.hellokitty.com/daniel311_2009
    My Blog Image:
    <a href=http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7343/499786406aa192em3.jpg target=_blank>http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/734...06aa192em3.jpg</a>
    。・゚★・。・。 ★・゚・。・゚★・。・。★・゚・。・゚★・。・。★・゚・。・゚★・。。★

☆ ♥คฬєร๏๓є♥ ☆