+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kelseycupcakes@hellokitty.com View Post
    When I was a little girl (I'm now almost 20) my mom and dad used to take me to the Sanrio store (I called it the Hello Kitty store...still do, haah ha) at our local mall. I remember walking in hand-in-hand with my parents as my eyes widened seeing all the pink. I would get so excited and walk around slowly so I could take it all in. To me this was Disneyland! I was never a bratty kid that wanted whatever she wanted. I would always get a pen or some erasers for when I went to school so if I got bored I'd play with those, but I'd NEVER use them. They were too special to me.
    Eventually, the Hello Kitty store closed down at our mall and I soon forgot about it for years. My parents broke up 5 years ago and just recently, about 2 months ago, I had a flashback of walking in with my parents when they were still together and I instantly became obsessed with it again. I believe it's because I miss my childhood and my parents together. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. *Sigh* There were such good times. I miss the 90's so much. :')

Well, that's my story on why I personally love Hello Kitty. What's yours? : )
    Oh my gosh. I love your story. I think that's why I love Hello Kitty and Sanrio. They are so much more than just super cute characters. They represent a time in life, a feeling, and friendship. I have lots of memories of walking into Sanrio stores when I was small (I'm in my mid-twenties now) and buying that sugary Sanrio gum. I think you put it best when you said "To me this was Disneyland!" So true for me too! Even now when I walk into a Sanrio store I walk really slow and just gaze at all of the cuteness. Thank you so much for sharing your story! Isn't it funny how a small, white, mouth-less cat and her friends can bring people together and have actually meaningful thoughts??
    please stop by and contribute...see you there!! http://www.hellokittywiki.org/

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I don't really think the world isn't 'loving'. But people get mad at each other too easly though...

I first heard of the cat when I was about 5, btw. We had an educational computer game of her and I learned how to count and add from it!!!^_^

Hello Kitty is pretty and cute, she really knows how to dress well.

I didn't really own much more hk stuff till around age 11 though. Maybe she just wasn't popular/well known in our town at first?..lol *heh*
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD

Lone Knight dreamspirit@mymelody.com's Avatar
    I remember watching Hello Kitty's anime on TV, I liked it :P

I once found a fansite about her -unfortunately on GeoCities, which is not available anymore-, that's when I knew about SanrioTown. I came here and started to learn about other characters and I have to say I really loved Badtz-Maru and Kuromi. Then I met Lloromannic and I totally fell in love with them xD
    DreamSpirit - US/Canada Server | Thoughts of a Lone Knight

Senior Member acton@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    A bit different than most of you. I am a fan of anthropomorphic cartoon animals, yes I am a furry. It started with a desire to decorate my studio apartment to express my sheer geekiness; the problem is most furry media were ether native American like themas or 20 something ravers.
    I do Ebay sales to may a little extra money and did my first vulture capitalist (buying from stores in liquidation) run when I bough stuff form KB Toys liquidation, one was some Hell Kitty plush. Most sold except one plush which I kept as a memento of my first successfully sale campaign. Latter I would look at this plus I said "why not, she's anthro and very cute and innocent to boot" I bought a fairy plush just to do something totally out of my male spere and the rest was history.

I got into lykking Hello Kitty
    because she's just adorableeee! ^-^ ♥

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I like the theme of love and happiness to Sanrio overall and the desions appel to me

^_^
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD