+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Should 11 year olds wear makeup??HELP

I just turned 11 and I wear a little bit of make up like:eyeliner,lipgolss/lipstick,and sometimes (like almost never) mascara is that too much for my age? Or is it okay??I am kinda confused beacause my mom just says don't go overboard and its never a direct answer like "Yes" or "No".Please help!
    Last edited by panda244@hellokitty.com; 06-27-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    awe no ! make up has a ingredients not good for kids ..
    especially branded make ups ..
    the skin of kids are too young !

There is a lot of debate about this. Since you're pretty much a preteen right now, I believe that you really don't need makeup. Lipgloss is fine (Flavored ones were always my fav at that age). But natural beauty should be appreciated since right now you have unwrinkled skin. Older folks use make up to make themselves look younger. And some like those around my age (20's) wear it because they like to be pretty. I say hold it off for now. And if in high school you want to try some of it out that's fine. But not too much! I know some girls go overboard and paints their whole face. ^^'' There's really no need to grow up so fast!

Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    i agree on that kids have a nice skin ..

I basically only wear lip gloss and eyeliner...I have wore mascara like twice ...hehe

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I personally think you shouldn't wear eyeliner when young because it makes you look older. I think a pastel eye shadow will be alright...

As long as you look young, fresh and pretty, I say go for it.

I think what you use right now is fine, as long as you don't go overboard with it. :]

Senior Member twink1e@mymelody.com's Avatar
    I personaly think at age 11 lip gloss is fine and on special occasions like halloween it's fine to wair makeup. But everyday I think only lip gloss and mabe a little light color eyeshadow. I do think it's ok to experiment with makeup for fun, but for everyday I dont think young girls should wair lots of makeup. You should enjoy being a kid for as long as possible. Im 16 and I just started wairing makeup this year. I don't see the point of makeup unless your trying to hide some blemishes or attract boys.
    Just one smile can make someones day better.

I'm 11 and hardly wear any make-up at all. I really don't like it the only make up i use is acne cream and clear pore and that type of stuff. Make up might clog your pores so you might have a better chance of acne. Well lip gloss is good. but don't use lipstick...it looks weird (believe me) if you use it never and wear it a day people stare at you and are like "are you wearing lipstick?!?! O_o" LOL that's only with me though
    well like twink1e said above me yeah i agree. If you ever think you look "too old" for your age say this to yourself: IF I LOOK OLD I WOULD HAVE GREY HAIR BUT I DON'T! I AM NOT OLD!!!!!!!!
    when i mean by "too old" i mean as some people think you look like a 30-50 year old. It's not really nice but...it's what i look like when i find this aristocrat lolita skirt at T.F.T and this cool white top there.....i looked like an old person trying to look young.

╰☆╮I AM A SUPERSTAR╰☆╮ melindavang@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I think you can. I only use the little kid makeup.