+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hair flairs VS Feather hair extensions

Just a few years ago (in Hawaii, anyway) hair flairs or hair tinsel became reeeeally popular for not only kids but adults too. Now we're beginning to see feather hair extensions becoming the latest hair trend. Personally, I was not a fan of hair tinsel. I thought it looked like you got Christmas tree tinsel stuck in your hair. These new feather hair extensions however...I'm actually really loving.

What are you thoughts? Are you into the tinsel or the feathers? OR would you rather just leave your hair naturally gorgeous?

EDIT: Just read some stuff about feather hair extensions and it doesn't sound good. So for all future comments...let's just talk about the CRUELTY FREE feather hair extensions. Thanks!
    Last edited by emik0ng@hellokitty.com; 06-30-2011 at 04:34 AM.
    please stop by and contribute...see you there!! http://www.hellokittywiki.org/

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Wow, so feathers and tinsel is the stuff I've been seeing in everyone's hair?! Ridiculous... Does no one have respect for just plain hair dying?? You don't really need to do a whole lot to hair for it to look nice... >.>

Hey Emi! I remember you from the other thread. And as a fellow Hawaii local... I HATED the tinsel. It looked like they fought with the Christmas Tree... and they lost. It looked even more ridiculous on the middle age women... who actually still wear them now. And the feathers... ew. Haha I rather have my hair and add clips or headbands. That looks so much better!

I always thought hair tinsel looked kinda pretty..cuz i like sparkly things O_O. But yeah I only starting hearing about this stuff around late last year and the feather extensions seem to be getting really popular even with the oldies D:

i liked the tinsel better cause it was sparkly and shiny too LOL
    I dont like the feathers. IT LOOKS AWFUL D:

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I actually like the feathers if they're not overdone.. maybe just a few spaced out in the underlayer of the hair so they slightly pop out and give you a bit of an edge. The tinsel, I haven't really seen any I like..can anyone post a picture of the ones they're okay with?

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Senior Member twink1e@mymelody.com's Avatar
    My friend has a feather extension in her hair with some strands of colors like blue, I find it looks good. But I don't think it's for everybody, it dosnt look good on some people. Some people over do it to. I think it just should be a little, just to add some style to your hair.
    Just one smile can make someones day better.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperliltenshi@hellokitty.com View Post
    Hey Emi! I remember you from the other thread. And as a fellow Hawaii local... I HATED the tinsel. It looked like they fought with the Christmas Tree... and they lost. It looked even more ridiculous on the middle age women... who actually still wear them now. And the feathers... ew. Haha I rather have my hair and add clips or headbands. That looks so much better!
    I totally agree with you about those middle aged women with the tinsel!! Seriously? It does not make them look any younger or cooler. Everytime I still see it, I just wanna go to them and yank it out! And as far as the feather extensions go...I think the reason why I like the look of them is because it looks like colorful highlights but temporary and not shiny and tinsely.

By the way, what part of Hawaii are you from?? Its fun to find fellow locals on these things!
    please stop by and contribute...see you there!! http://www.hellokittywiki.org/

Main Island of Oahu. I live on the west side but I'm always a townie girl. Alaz is my main mall XD

Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    i would rather just leave my hair naturally gorgeous ..