+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nostalgia

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Nostalgia

I've been thinking lately about the changes that have been made to the game and the things I miss. Oddly enough, I came across an old emote that made me miss the game as it was at the beginning of last year and earlier.

It's the retired pet jelly emote!
    I'm sure lots of you remember it if not, that's what our pets used to do when it was time for a cleaning.

Is there anything you guys miss that was changed? Or if not, maybe use this topic to talk about what some of your fondest memories playing HKO. I'll probably post more when I think of them. ^^ The main difference though (in my opinion) is the amount of players that stopped playing from the lack of new content and our friends quitting .

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Hmm... So many changes... I don't know where to begin. For simplicity, I'll keep it confined to the things that I miss from the public release onward:
    1. Seed merging system: That was a big addition to the farm system that they teased us with. It was good to have something to get us excited about farming again.
    2. Wedding gown (and other Beijing) quest rewards: I'm technically not sure if that was from the commercial release or just the open beta, but it still deserves to be up there.
    3. Guildies/friends: It goes without saying that this is the BIGGEST one.

P.S.
    Thanks for the emote, I missed seeing that too. The rainbow emote for when your pet makes a mess has never made any sense to me.

Senior Member danceunderstars@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Hahahaha I remember that pet jelly emote! :]

And I also agree 100% with everything Tarran has said above...

Hmm, off the top of my head I would like to add that I miss the "Emote Game" that used to come with global events, seeing as we haven't had it a while now....It was always a quick and fun way to spend some time with friends.

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I'm totally with you both.. I loved the seed merging system xD I felt like a scientist experimenting with different combinations and having a nice alternative to pet hunting the standard way.

That evil patch last year in March is when we lost those awesome quest rewards most of the changes then don't seem to make any sense >.<.. there are lots of clothes they can try to sell in the Item Mall, why take away the rewards? Blah..

Hopefully we can convince our GMs to host an emote game now and then! and although it's unlikely, it'd be nice if they put the bingo game and emote games outside of dream carnival so we can all do something if we're bored. ^^

All the quietness lately in guild and out is really sad I am really happy I got to know some players better and meet new people but I'm also missing the lag and spammy chats of the past lol

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    i haven't seen that emote ..
    i only start this year feb on hko ..
    that's cute emote btw ..

<3 I feel like such a newbie reading your nostalgia. But you (Ly), Dance, Billie, Souki, and Tarran makes Sanrio Harbor so much more fun. But T_T I wish the doom patch didn't happen. I will poke them with my bride's umbrella!

Senior Member azog@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I miss the vendors as originally depicted. There was a time where I had hoped we might even be able to buy those hats.

I miss developers who care about the product they've developed.
    Last edited by azog@hellokitty.com; 07-01-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I've only been here since January, but it sounds like the stuff from the old game was really cool.

@azog: Woiw, are those merchants?? They look sooo different than they do now!! Those hats are pretty cool... :3

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Four things I miss come to mind.

First: see those cute bubbles around azog? Those came from a necklace you got as a reward. Even better: the final Christmas reward during Founders' Beta was a pair of earrings that made you surrounded by snowflakes.

(At one point they put an annoying twinkle noise with the necklace, but people figured out how to disable that)

Second: monsters used to drop useful things. I remember there being a boy and a girls hair that dropped, there was a guide for pants, and I believe one of them dropped the rosebud wand cover. The monster that's now the crooger leader would drop one of the leopard glasses but it was a rare drop. People used to line up to hit it.

Third: You could buy houses as well as farms with in-game money.

Finally: I miss the unified server.
    Last edited by auntdotti@hellokitty.com; 07-01-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    HKO in game name:

Senior Member danceunderstars@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    @CC, yayy you make it fun too! hahaha :]

@azog, I completely forgot the vendors used to be people! Nice screenshot!

@auntdotti, Ohhh I think I also remember the little sparkle/bubbles from the necklace...Not sure if it was the same time I am thinking of, since all the betas are a big blur in my head hahaha, but I remember at one point that everyone was trying to take a screenshot the last day and with all the glittering and sparkling, they asked everyone to take them off for the picture, hahaha

Something else I remember about one of the betas of the past, was I believe it was a Christmas event? Where you had to find I think "book pages" that monsters in the harbour dropped, haha...just something I remembered. :]