+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nostalgia

Tacitala,

Oooh! I remember the sparkly necklace. It caused an effect like the action gears' golden sparkles, right? I remember a lot of group shots we were asked to remove them because there were so many that it caused terrible lag.

On a related note: Do you remember what it was that played a weird sound (like a rock guitar riff) when entering the map? I want to say it was some ruby earring quest reward, but I forget.

Member eveaustria@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I miss the opportunity to buy a farm certificate from the vendors. And I also miss the level 12, level 16 and level 20 farms that have been available in the item mall long ago.

I'm missing the special seeds a lot too; but I strongly believe they are going to be back when Tokyo will be introduced. If HKO will survive the long wait of course.

Hm, I did not ever experience these things but since I saw the pics and wished I could still find these ingame:

* different looking pinatas have been spawning in October 2009. I think it would be great if they still spawned every day just per chance. I especially loved the idea of stuff like boats washing on the shore of the harbour:

* this is from an HKO-video showing your room before and after wall & floor got a new painting/texture. I'd also like to be able to paint floors and walls individually:

* looks like you were able to dig things up from the sand. I think this is a nice idea:

* Moscow - has been ingame at Beta-times. Wish I had seen it:
    Last edited by eveaustria@hellokitty.com; 07-01-2011 at 11:22 PM.
    Auf meinem Blog http://blog.sanriotown.com/eveaustria:hellokitty.com/ findet ihr Tips für HKO-Spieler. Darunter Fundorte aller Rohstoffe (mit Stufe/Level), Standorte aller NPCs & Monster (mit Level), Pet-Werte (auch Bosse), und eine deutschsprachige Anleitung fürs Bloggen auf Sanrio-Town

Member eveaustria@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    And a bit more images from HKO-videos and overviews made in older times:

* an old startup-/login-screen, I think it looks much nicer than the current one:

* this area looks great to me:

* fun (pacman like) plants for your farm:

* a Startrek-outfit:

Oh yes, and most of all I miss the "real" European versions of HKO that I was lucky to experience back in 2009. There was a large and active German HKO-community back in the times when Burda:IC hosted HKO. Nowadays not only the support but also all new content is only in English even though some people already offered to do German translations for free. Many items in the item mall still carry no names at all if you log in after choosing German as your language, which is not good for business I think...
    Auf meinem Blog http://blog.sanriotown.com/eveaustria:hellokitty.com/ findet ihr Tips für HKO-Spieler. Darunter Fundorte aller Rohstoffe (mit Stufe/Level), Standorte aller NPCs & Monster (mit Level), Pet-Werte (auch Bosse), und eine deutschsprachige Anleitung fürs Bloggen auf Sanrio-Town

Quote Originally Posted by lyssariia@hellokitty.com View Post
    I've been thinking lately about the changes that have been made to the game and the things I miss. Oddly enough, I came across an old emote that made me miss the game as it was at the beginning of last year and earlier.

It's the retired pet jelly emote!
    I'm sure lots of you remember it if not, that's what our pets used to do when it was time for a cleaning.

Is there anything you guys miss that was changed? Or if not, maybe use this topic to talk about what some of your fondest memories playing HKO. I'll probably post more when I think of them. ^^ The main difference though (in my opinion) is the amount of players that stopped playing from the lack of new content and our friends quitting .
    I don't really miss the jelly emote since I use to get grossed out by it. But that was my first time on HKO. It did get annoying after a while.

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tarran@kuririnmail.com View Post
    On a related note: Do you remember what it was that played a weird sound (like a rock guitar riff) when entering the map?
    It was one of the earrings, I don't remember which one. I seem to remember it being the ruby ones as well.
    HKO in game name:

Senior Member azog@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danceunderstars@hellokitty.com View Post
    @azog, I completely forgot the vendors used to be people! Nice screenshot!

[ . . . ]

Something else I remember about one of the betas of the past, was I believe it was a Christmas event? Where you had to find I think "book pages" that monsters in the harbour dropped, haha...just something I remembered. :]
    They dusted off the old vendor type during the choco event, for those of us who played then:

As for the book pages, I think those were just part of general quests. You'd randomly collect the pages and then turn them in. I only played the starter once during the beta, so I'm having a hard time recalling, but I do remember lots of people asking "anyone got page such and such". This was a great way to foster interaction between players, because we'd end up with multiples we don't need, and traded them back and forth for the ones we do.

Quote Originally Posted by auntdotti@hellokitty.com View Post

Second: monsters used to drop useful things. I remember there being a boy and a girls hair that dropped, there was a guide for pants, and I believe one of them dropped the rosebud wand cover.
    There were others, too. Many of the monsters would drop items. I recall many people asking "where do I get the grilled corn recipe". With the exception of the leopard glasses, this was also a great way to generate socialization between players. Someone might not have the grilled corn recipe, but someone else in the guild would, so you'd make it for them.

Senior Member acton@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Newbie city, when they open the founders beta to anybody.

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acton@hellokitty.com View Post
    Newbie city, when they open the founders beta to anybody.
    I remember the Harbour on that day... the server was not a happy camper XD

Kittynator- is that from the closed beta (the one before Founders')?
    HKO in game name:

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by auntdotti@hellokitty.com View Post
    Kittynator- is that from the closed beta (the one before Founders')?
    Yep. There's a post about it on my blog.
    During Founders beta this happened:

Also, during Founders Beta was when I changed my name from Jules to Kittynator. GMs still called me Jules, despite having the new name.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.