+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nostalgia

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Your picture reminded me of one thing from Founders' that I'm glad they ditched: the little flask with wings.

For people who came in after FB it was this really complicated, not quite clear as to what you were supposed to be doing system of fusing things to make crystals, which you had to turn in to keys (or something like that). The quest that did it only happened in Florapolis, if I remember right, and you didn't see another quest like it in London (I didn't get too far in to Paris before FB ended)

It reminds me a lot of the group quests now: they kinda toy with the idea in the Harbour and Florapolis, but you don't see any more in later cities (unless I've missed them...).
    HKO in game name:

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    azog knows what that little flask with wings is. I remember the voices and certain clients would still have that voices folder for some reason.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Senior Member azog@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    The winged flask was the "magic water". You started with a certain amount of it, and there was very few ways to acquire more. You could combine three of them into something that would open treasure chests that were located in various zones. The chests weren't a quest, altho an NPC would specifically mention them. Since it was virtually impossible to acquire more, many of us were wary of using them, in case they were actually needed for something, but a few people did open the treasure chests, which was filled with generic random loot.

I'm guessing the current set of group quests were introduced to give us time to acclimate to them. There was also at least one system event that required a group, but I cannot recall which one(s) at the moment. I assume (bad thing) that they had planned to develop more. Some of the early material mentions very tough monsters that required the assistance of your friends.

Senior Member danceunderstars@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Ohhh I remember the "magic crystal" system...although at the time I'm pretty sure I had no idea what it was for, hahaha

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    The old HKO wikia still has the quests from 2008 listed, but Ly did back them up and might have them on the current wiki.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Quote Originally Posted by azog@hellokitty.com View Post
    The winged flask was the "magic water".
    See, the system was so complicated I forgot the full details. ._.;; Maybe it was because I was trying to forget that it existed at all...
    HKO in game name:

I wish there was alot of HKO user's these days. Sometimes when im on HKO NA or HKO International not that much chatting.
    Cinnamoroll and his friends will all ways give you a smile when your in a sad mood.

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I'm in a guild on the NA side, and I come on at night sometimes and no one is on... So I usually just PM the GM online and share random thoughts and questions about the game. XD
    The best things in life are free... Except for chocolate!

I guess the random thoughts are better than a constant stream of asking when Tokyo is going to be done.

Yeah, I miss having a good amount of people online. Then again, it's a matter of people get done with the game and can't find much to do. I hop on infrequently to peck at getting my farming up to 12. I guess that makes for a really recent remembrance of something that's gone now: I want special seeds back They were so much fun to randomly play with.
    HKO in game name:

Junior Member ayamenijino@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I miss tons of people being on at a time and the pinatas. I loved the pinatas, there was just something about entering a map and everyone being like GET IT!!!! ATTTAAAAAAAAAACK! or a friend PMing and being like "it's over here in this-and-such place! bring a posse, let's get it!" Thinking about it still makes me smile I've been trying to make soooo many people I know irl try out HKO to get the numbers up!
    ~*~*~*Iris*~*~*~