+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member rikki21@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Guide: Forum Profile/Settings

How to get to your private forum Dashboard:

Go to the Quick Navigation bar at the bottom of any topic and click on Settings. You'll get something that looks like this:

If someone has tried to befriend you, you will get a notifcation. If you do not accept their friendship you will not be on their forum friendlist. Topics you have subscribed to will be below this. The left sidebar is pretty self explanitory.

To make a signature like the one I have simply click on "Edit Signature".

"Edit Profile" will allow you to hide your date of birth/age. It will allow you to add a homepage and instant messaging information as well as a blurb about yourself. This information will be on the "About Me" section of your profile.

"Profile Privacy" will allow you to choose who can see the information on your profile. Only want logged-in members of SanrioTown to see it? No problem!

"General Settings" allows you to do all sorts of things. I highly recommend you check it out. Want a pop up whenever you get a Private Message? Go here to allow that!

How to Customize your Profile:

Click on your e-mail (that's displayed when you post) to be taken to your forum profile.

Click on "Customize your Profile" above your message. A blank page will pop up above this.

Click on "Customize" at the top to get the page to display. You can now click on the colors to customize your profile.

Don't worry if you screw up, clicking default will revert everything back to the settings before you started messing with it.

If you want to know what each item color will change on your profile without messing around with it yourself, click here! A color coded picture telling you what each item changes on your profile.

Friends List
    Adding Background Images - by Ly
    Quick List of Hexadecimal Colors - by Tacitala

I hope that helps some of you guys! Lemme know if I should add something here, or if you have any questions.
    Last edited by rikki21@hellokitty.com; 02-28-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Friends List

To add a friend to your forum friendlist you can do one of two things.

1. Click on their e-mail to get to their forum profile. Then click on "Friends".

To the right of this page is a "Befriend [email]" click on this and you'll get taken to a page confirming you sent a friendship request. Now you must wait until they accept your friendship request.

2. Go to your forum dashboard (see previous post) and select "Friends & Contacts" near the bottom of the left sidebar. At the bottom of this page is a place to enter the e-mail of the person you want to add.

How to accept/deny a friendship request:

Go to your forum dashboard and select "Friends & Contacts" near the bottom of the left sidebar. At the bottom of this page will be a list of those people who sent you a friendship request. Checkmark them and then hit accept or deny.

Last edited by rikki21@hellokitty.com; 02-28-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Smile Some Fun Hexidecimal Colors

As you can see from Rikki's picture, you can set your profile to feature any colors you can dream up. I thought I might chip in with a quick reference for a few fun colors. Many of these colors (like the primary colors) are available by their names but I put them here too.

The bright pink background of the forum is #FF82C6

Primary colors:
    red #FF0000
    orange #FF6A00
    yellow #FFD800
    green #009F13
    blue #0000FF
    purple #8B00CC
    brown #893700

Pretty pastels:
    pink 1 #FFC1CD
    pink 2 #F8B2DD
    light yellow #FFE9B2
    light green #B0FF8E
    baby blue #70C3FF
    light purple #D06DFF
    lavender #D0A3FF

Fun brights:
    hot pink #FF00AA
    bright yellow #FFFF00 (it's hard to read on a white background... the color is #FFFF00)
    neon green #00FF21
    bright blue-green #00FFFF
    bright blue #0000FF
    bright purple #FF00F4

Deep jewel-tones:
    dark red #C10000
    dark orange #913A00
    dark green #007F46
    dark blue #00137F
    dark purple 1 #7F006E
    dark purple 2 #57007F

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Adding Background Images

The background portions of profile customization also allows you to use a background image! Simply get the customize profile interface open and click on the color box of the background you want to edit. Choose Use Image to continue.

After that, you can either use an image hosted online already and place the address inside the url text box, or you can upload your own image through your profile's albums (see below*) or websites like Photobucket, Imageshack or Tinypic. If you uploaded a new image, take the direct link and paste it into the background image URL box.

The Repeat drop-down menu allows you to pick how the image will repeat itself. This can be vertical (up and down), horizontal (left and right), both or none.

When you're ready to test out your new background image, press Submit and refresh the page!

*You may also create an album on your profile specifically for your background images! (Thanks Kittynator ) Simply return to your profile and create a new album. You'll see the following screen:

Type in a title and description of your choice then select the Profile option. When you're done, click on Save Changes and you're all set to add images to your album! To do this, visit your album and click Upload Pictures.

You're now viewing the File Upload Manager. Click Add Files and then to add pictures from your computer, choose Select Files. You will now be able to browse your computer for the picture you want to add (for images from a website click Website). Click your image when you find it and press Open. You may do this until you have all of the images you need added in. After you're done adding your image/s, click Upload Files.

When it's done, make sure the image/s you uploaded is in the Attachments section and are checked. Finally, press Done. An alternative to this method is to use the Basic Uploader which appears in the Add Files popup. Add a description for your file and click Save Changes.

To add this new image to your profile, you need to go back to the background image settings in Customize My Profile and click Choose Image. You may then select your album with the drop-down menu and browse through the images until you find the one you need. Press Save when you're done here.
    Last edited by lyssariia@hellokitty.com; 02-28-2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: added albums

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    You can also upload images to your profile by creating a photo album. Then you can link the image from the album. This way the images are stored on the forum, instead of being elsewhere.

Look at my profile for example. I use both a transparent image and a colored background. I even did this on another forum.

The only thing we can't do is change the profile background, haven't been able to get it to work right.
    Last edited by kittynator@hellokitty.com; 02-28-2011 at 05:36 AM.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Curious to know what each item will change in your profile? Want to make text pink, but don't know which text color to change? Here is a guide to that. The first picture will number each item in the customize profile section. The second will show you what each item changes.

Last edited by rikki21@hellokitty.com; 02-28-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    i dunno how to change the font color in my blog

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    For your blog, go to edit your post and click Code then you have to use html to change the font so you would put

<font color="pink">Blah blah</font> to change to pink, or <font color=#FFFFFF>Blah blah</font> for white ^^ just need to switch the colors with what you want.

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Junior Member jenniferberres@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    but its blank
    do you think my cat is black?

DO YOU DO!!

♥I DREAM OF A NEON FUTURE♥ chibilover78_@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyssariia@hellokitty.com View Post
    The background portions of profile customization also allows you to use a background image! Simply get the customize profile interface open and click on the color box of the background you want to edit. Choose Use Image to continue.

After that, you can either use an image hosted online already and place the address inside the url text box, or you can upload your own image through your profile's albums (see below*) or websites like Photobucket, Imageshack or Tinypic. If you uploaded a new image, take the direct link and paste it into the background image URL box.

The Repeat drop-down menu allows you to pick how the image will repeat itself. This can be vertical (up and down), horizontal (left and right), both or none.

When you're ready to test out your new background image, press Submit and refresh the page!

*You may also create an album on your profile specifically for your background images! (Thanks Kittynator ) Simply return to your profile and create a new album. You'll see the following screen:

Type in a title and description of your choice then select the Profile option. When you're done, click on Save Changes and you're all set to add images to your album! To do this, visit your album and click Upload Pictures.

You're now viewing the File Upload Manager. Click Add Files and then to add pictures from your computer, choose Select Files. You will now be able to browse your computer for the picture you want to add (for images from a website click Website). Click your image when you find it and press Open. You may do this until you have all of the images you need added in. After you're done adding your image/s, click Upload Files.

When it's done, make sure the image/s you uploaded is in the Attachments section and are checked. Finally, press Done. An alternative to this method is to use the Basic Uploader which appears in the Add Files popup. Add a description for your file and click Save Changes.

To add this new image to your profile, you need to go back to the background image settings in Customize My Profile and click Choose Image. You may then select your album with the drop-down menu and browse through the images until you find the one you need. Press Save when you're done here.
    Yes it sounds kind of confusing at first when you try it, but when you get used to it, it's like a piece of cake!

I WANNA BE A TOYS R US KID! (NOT, I JUST DON'T WANNA PAY MY OWN BILLS HEHE)

http://blog.hellokitty.com/chibilover78_/

Hatsune miku will eat you if you mess with me.