+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is the Game dead?

Im kinda confused, the latest news is from 2012 but its nothing like "We stoped working on the Game". Is the game still "alive"?

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Yes, its online. and playable. But why the updates stopped is a very long complicated story I don't want to get into.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    It's just not very populated anymore, so they stopped updating, basically figuring it wasn't worth the time I guess.
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com View Post
    It's just not very populated anymore, so they stopped updating, basically figuring it wasn't worth the time I guess.
    Something like that.

Sure this is still true:
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I'm not much of a gamer, but surely HKO can capitalise on the kawaiification of on-line culture, can't it?

Perhaps it's up to us to promote it more. I mean, I used to play RuneScape way back in the day, and they went through a time where basically RuneScape was a by-word for Ğdead online gameğ. until the players promoted it on social media.

People nowadays are always looking for cute things. While I'm sure this should fall to the parent company (sanrio, I'm looking at you), if we care about the game a lot, perhaps screencapping and such may be able to drum up some interest.

Come on, sanriotown. I have faith in you.

I can contribute some; if I get screencaps I can upload them to my facebook and such.
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)

Quote Originally Posted by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com View Post
    I'm not much of a gamer, but surely HKO can capitalise on the kawaiification of on-line culture, can't it?

Perhaps it's up to us to promote it more. I mean, I used to play RuneScape way back in the day, and they went through a time where basically RuneScape was a by-word for Ğdead online gameğ. until the players promoted it on social media.

People nowadays are always looking for cute things. While I'm sure this should fall to the parent company (sanrio, I'm looking at you), if we care about the game a lot, perhaps screencapping and such may be able to drum up some interest.

Come on, sanriotown. I have faith in you.

I can contribute some; if I get screencaps I can upload them to my facebook and such.
    Try to not draw the wrong crowd. Personally, I prefer hko the way it is. There's no risk of kill stealing and such, like there was in the past.

Thanks for all the Answers <3
    Thats really sad though D: I hope the Game will stay playable for a long time and maybe they should update it again sometime ;w;

Quote Originally Posted by nukichuu@mymelody.com View Post
    Thanks for all the Answers <3
    Thats really sad though D: I hope the Game will stay playable for a long time and maybe they should update it again sometime ;w;
    We'll see. When it was very active, it was sometimes difficult to play due to all of the lag and server issues.

Edit:
    Note if you're coming here to read this thread, just play the game. I offer help when I can, in game and on these forums. http://wiki.hellokittyonline.com is the guide to the game.
    Last edited by kittynator@hellokitty.com; 07-06-2015 at 09:44 PM.

I use to play it a ton in beta and when it went live.. there was TONS of people. Sometimes too much (kill stealing like termikitty said). But then again it made it fun. Now that i decided to poke my head back in it is nice to be able to go out and get whatever you need without waiting for things to respawn and fighting others for it. But I have only ever seen one other farm, and never actually seen a person yet. LOL.

Im an older gamer (43) and just find this game fun and a nice break from the norm. If they would do more marketing, they could have a whole new audience. there are people hello kitty crazy out there. Me being one of them. ^-^

Anyone noticed the Spam in the Forum? Are there no Forum Mods? D: