+ Reply to Thread

New to Game, couple of questions

I figured out the patch to get the right version to log in, but is it normal for the patch to take such a long time to install? I let it download over night and when I woke up the next day it was stuck on 81% and didn't move. I am not sure if it also installs while I am able to log in and play and just keeps going until it is finished or do I need to keep letting it patch? I would like to access item mall and get a few things but I can't do that either, and I don't see a lot of people o.o where is everyone??

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    ._. I really am thinking of listing the patching process as "flaming disaster" in the unofficial FAQ.

You won't be able to see people in the game until it finishes patching (or you might see them as bouncing pink or blue pegs). And the patching process seems to be painfully slow with what's now listed as the official download (the quick install). What Kittynator linked to is the full download of the game. It's much slower to download, but it needs less patches. It's up to you if you'd like to download that instead. (It probably will depend on how fast your connection is and if you have a download limit.) Just beware on the full install: it does this odd double install thing where you'll need to have twice the memory in your computer than the game will take up in the end.

Normally you won't have access to the item mall while you are in the Dream Carnival, but you can still access it from your profile at the top of the pages. I'd say to hold on to your wish list though, since I don't know what would happen if you had the item in your inventory while you were in the Dream Carnival then left. You could skip ahead directly to Sanrio Harbour, but I'd say go through the Dream Carnival. You can get some really nice rewards waiting for you when you get to the Harbour if you play through the whole thing.
    HKO in game name:

Ok I installed the full version given to me here in the posting, took 4-5 hours, do I need to hit "Patch" and let it update that way also? I still can't get to the harbor without waiting I don't know how long to update. Not sure if that is normal too. I can see people, but in general I wonder how many people still play, I really like it, and I hope it doesn't close anytime soon o.o. ^^ it is very relaxing.

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Yes, you still have to hit Patch Now.

@auntdottie: It asks for 7GB space to install as it needs a temporary folder to extract all files while installing.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Unfortunately the game has been going through a bit of a hiatus in updates so a lot of players that used to be around haven't been signing on.

I personally tried to stick around but I got pretty busy in reality >.< There are still things to do once you've finished with the main content or the story, but with a lot of people leaving it gets quite redundant.

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki