+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Does Anyone Like Secret Life Of The American Teenager on ABC Family?

I do not think you should get pregnant at 15 or 16 years old which I do not believe in cause I think you should wait till your married before u get pregnant but I do happen to like this show and was wondering does anyone else just let me no what u think.

Senior Member victor5@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I like this show, i've been watching it since the 1rst episode, because the promo of a teen getting pregnant and how she deals w/ it got my attention, but I wish the series ended already there always taking about the same stuff and doing the same thing.

I remember when they were advertising for it a few years ago, i saw it at the mall.
    I don't really like the idea at all even though its kinda...interesting.
    Teens shouldn't get pregnant at all! The only way i would approve is if somehow they randomly end up pregnant without *anything* happening it just happened, or if they were nomadic or it was a tradition for girls to marry at that age and were to get pregnant at that age.
    I saw it when i was flippin through channels surprisingly not on ABC on this other channel and i was like WHAT?!?! BAND CAMP!?!?! Wow, i'm in band O_o well it could be a differen't type of band but still...
    also i didn't get how she could have a baby because weren't there super visors lol?

I watch the show because it's interesting to see what these middle aged adults think are happening to teenagers these days. However it is always wrong to have a kid without the means to take care of the kid. Kids are a lot of money and it takes a lot of time and effort to make sure the kid grows up capable of living in the adult world. For me this includes adults and teenagers.

I did like how the show took the direction of Amy and Ricky having to take on jobs and not abandoning John to their parents. I've seen too many teenagers leave their babies with their parents while they go off and do their own thing (Living their "teenage life"). That's WRONG! If they were going to do that then they should have given the baby up for adoption. There are increasing number of couples who can't have children because they wait until they have careers. Really? Grandparents should be grandparents not become parents of their own grandchildren. Unless there is a situation that calls for it but... never keep the baby if you're not going to dedicate to it. Having a kid isn't playing house and never as glamorous as it is shown in movies. They cry, they poop, and heck they barf. And they're always on their own schedule. So don't have a kid until you're darn good and ready (financial and mentally). Because it is an 18 year journey (even more!).

Senior Member danceunderstars@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I started watching the show back when it first came out...I don't really know why, hahaha, probably because it was a new ABC Family show at the time, and well I always seem to enjoy them, lol...

I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I agree with what hyper said, above, on how Amy and Ricky took on the responsibilities of raising a baby. Even though the storyline is somewhat addicting, I personally think that the acting on the show is absolutely horrible....

Random but, did anyone watch 7th Heaven? Anyone notice that some of the houses and school look EXTREMELY similiar? I'm convinced they used some of the same set, haha

Senior Member victor5@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Random but, did anyone watch 7th Heaven? Anyone notice that some of the houses and school look EXTREMELY similiar? I'm convinced they used some of the same set, haha[/QUOTE]

Actually lots of schools from Nick/ABC Fam and Disney look alike, plus I tend to see the school from the Mighty Morphing Power Ranger alot, BTW TSLOFAT I think it was created by the same person that created 7th heaven so maybe that's why plus the recent school counselor (don't know why they keep changing them) is one of the girls from 7th Heaven.

Senior Member danceunderstars@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by victor5@hellokitty.com View Post
    Actually lots of schools from Nick/ABC Fam and Disney look alike, plus I tend to see the school from the Mighty Morphing Power Ranger alot, BTW TSLOFAT I think it was created by the same person that created 7th heaven so maybe that's why plus the recent school counselor (don't know why they keep changing them) is one of the girls from 7th Heaven.
    Hahaha yeah, Beverley Mitchell played Lucy on 7th Heaven, who is now the counselor on Secret Life, and I know that Brenda Hampton writes for both of those shows and I'm sure there's others that are the same too..That's why I feel there's a very close conenction with the set of the two shows, haha... Even sometimes how they play the music at the end of scenes reminds me of 7th Heaven :]

Senior Member shesroyaltee@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danceunderstars@hellokitty.com View Post
    Hahaha yeah, Beverley Mitchell played Lucy on 7th Heaven, who is now the counselor on Secret Life, and I know that Brenda Hampton writes for both of those shows and I'm sure there's others that are the same too..That's why I feel there's a very close conenction with the set of the two shows, haha... Even sometimes how they play the music at the end of scenes reminds me of 7th Heaven :]
    Mackenzie Rosman, who played Ruthie on 7th Heaven, was also on the show as Zoe... one of Ricky's ex's or w/e you would like to call her lol. I loved 7th Heaven!

Anywho, I usually love all ABC Family shows and it's no different with Secret Life. The subject of the show doesn't really bother me because after all it is just a television show.
    IGN: shesroyaltee (US/C & Int.)

blog | hkjunkies | twitter

i love this show i watch this at greece i think that be pregnate is rreally life changing i thing is a great oppurtunity for young teenagers to be used to a hard life and see the difficulties
    they just realized that having a baby is a gift that comes from god you have to make sure that the baby is safe and full of love thats my opinion if i said anything wrong sorry but all these words come from my heart
    amalia5995

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Ahh, teenagers. The most emotionally dishonist cretures on the planet on genneral average...

Can't help but feel sorry at least a little :/

Anyways...not sure i could handle watching a show like this.

Might inform myself the summory sometime maybe though (also, sorry if i offended anyone with my above comment. i've had teenagers say some pretty scary things around me b4, soo just talking by expirience...i wont think about it tho. i guess i seem right in a way maybe*shrug*)
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD