+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Exclamation Having trouble patching/ Version Incorrect? Please read :)

In light of the insane problems that people are having patching recently, I hope I can catch some people before the go crazy and/or delete the game.

If your game says "version incorrect", you'll need to patch the game. When you get to the screen that lets you change window size or pick full screen, you click the "patch now" button.

For people whom patching in taking way to long, I don't know what I can say other than to agree that the process has become horrible of late. The time it takes people is varying incredibly wild and it's taking some people longer to patch the game than it took to download the quick install.

Kittynator has said that re-downloading the game using the full install found at http://www.hellokittyonline.com/redirect/download_full will be faster overall. It will take longer to download the game, but in her experience it needs less patching and may take less time overall.
    HKO in game name:

Hmm.. Okay, im the old HKO-player. Today I install this game again and patch and everything, but then I click ok and it says Version incorrect. One years ago I do the same, becouse if im not have not been there for a long time it says version incorrect. Then I have to delete the game, and install that again.
    Last time it was successful, but this time it did not work! I donīt know what to do!

Please help me!

PS: I live in Finland.Does it somehow to it
    PPS: Sorry my english.. -.-'

Try quitting out, then patching again. :/ Any patches you've already installed will still be there so you won't loose any progress.
    HKO in game name:

Good morning. I can not install the patches correctly in HKO. Usually when I get in P2, it reaches 100% and returns to 0%, lowering it again. Once able to install the P2, so I tried to install the F2 and gave the same error. Already tried to uninstall everything and download everything again, but always gives these errors.

I would like to help to play the game. Thanks in advance.

It usually does that (reach 100% then drop back to 0%). From what I understand the game is actually installing a series of patches to each of the segments (like P2), so when it hits 100% in one of the series, it moves on to the next in the line.
    HKO in game name:

I've been patching non-stop for 2 days now and the address http://www.hellokittyonline.com/redirect/download_full shows as "404 Not Found". Is there anything else I can do?

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    The full client is offline atm. No word on if it'll return.

How long ago did you install HKO?
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Friday evening is when I started, it was going slow but okay until it hit the p2 files. Now it increases 1% about every 10-15 minutes. I was okay with that until it hit 100% and started back over again. Now from reading the forums I understand that there is more then one p2 file I need to patch...... its definately not my net speed thats causing the problem though. I have 10 mgb down. I also tried dissabling my firewall for a while but that didn't help any.

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I started hours ago and its still downloading. I reinstalled, mind you.
    p2 is downloading a 606MB file when I checked the debug mode.

And you did use patch now instead of play game?
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.