+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by chibilover78_@hellokitty.com View Post
    My hair is dry, breaking, splitting, and yes, it falls out but not too bad.

I am from Asia, but I am coloured. I need help! My Mom braids my hair, but it grows slowly. I had very long hair when I was little, but now is short (up to my shoulders, it used to be down to my back close to the waist.) it is so dramatic and noticible! How can I get it back! Any treatments? Nothing thats harsh (I advice natural treatments...)

Okay. Well I'm Asian to and my hair is short down to my chest area. And a way to grow it out is by:
    1) Washing your hair every other day thats so your hair can get it's natural oils (Shampoo twice and Condition once "also leave the conditioner in your hair for roughly a minute or two it leaves you some time to shave etc"). .And leaving in the conditioner in your hair for a minute make it softer and gro a little faster as well.
    2) DON'T BLOW DRY YOUR HAIR. Because heat damages your hair. So what you need to do is let it dry on it's own. And during the proccess of drying your hair will also repair itself.
    3) And if your hair is falling out, then don't braid it. I have my hair up all the time and my hair is always coming out.

Good Luck. c:

♥I DREAM OF A NEON FUTURE♥ chibilover78_@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Thnx for all the comments!!

I WANNA BE A TOYS R US KID! (NOT, I JUST DON'T WANNA PAY MY OWN BILLS HEHE)

http://blog.hellokitty.com/chibilover78_/

Hatsune miku will eat you if you mess with me.

~♥~Lightning Princess~♥~ lilstorm97@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohat123@hellokitty.com View Post
    I HATE MY HAIR! The ************************ hair cut lady cut my hair to freaking short, but it's growing out to it's regular length (to my shoulders) I hate it. But my crush said he liked my hair. He even TOLD ME, STRAIGHT UP! I wanna straighten my hair, but meh mom said no!
    how old are you?

Well, the best you can do is eat properly and healthy.
    1. Try to avoid straightening or using products on your hair as much as possible
    2. Don't braid your hair so much because it restricts your hair from getting oxygen
    3. Treat your hair to a hair mask once in a while, it helps your hair to relax and be healthy
    4. Try air-drying your hair more often, it helps your hair to soak up some oxygen on its own and it prevents you from using heat on your hair
    5. Wash your hair every other day

i have long hair but u should like the way r!

You should try eating hột vịt lộn. I have no idea what it's called in English, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by trombone@mymelody.com View Post
    You should try eating hột vịt lộn. I have no idea what it's called in English, sorry.
    I think it's called balut.. the egg, right?

But that's true, protein is good for your hair and skin. :3

Junior Member cherrychocochip@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trombone@mymelody.com View Post
    According to the interwebs, hột vịt lộn is a boiled egg with a little duck inside. That doesn't sound very easy to find in places like America or the UK. Maybe look in the stores that specialize in Asian grocery?

Anyway, you can make a hair mask out of yogurt and mayonnaise if you can't find coconut oil. I saw coconut oil in a specialty grocery store, though. It was with all the other cooking oils and comes in a jar.

Or you can buy a leave-in conditioner. You put it in your hair after a shower and don't wash it out. Works great for my hair.

Ok here's a Desi method that supposedly works,
    put egg in your hair and wash it out?
    We have the same problem O_o
    Ah but washing your hair everyday is bad...but I always get dandruff...

To get softer, less brittle hair, try doing an olive oil hair mask. Put olive oil in your hair. Put your hair up and cover with a shower cap or wrap with plastic wrap. Heat a bath towel in a dryer until it is very warm and wrap it around your covered hair. Leave in for 30-45 minutes. Rinse your hair with warm water. Wash it with a small amount of shampoo. Use a hydrating conditioner (my hair thanks Organix Cherry Blossom Ginseng Conditioner) and wash out as usual. Dry your hair naturally! Don't use a blow dryer. Don't use a flat iron! Wash your hair only every other day! Everyday will be too much for your hair and scalp. Your hair should become much softer in a couple months.

In my experience at least!

My hair history: In March 2012 I BLEACHED my hair before dying it pink (within one day), so my hair became SUPER dry and brittle. Whenever I went out I put my hair up in a bun cuz my hair was a total mess. I began trying the olive oil treatment about twice a week. After two months my hair was getting better. Around that time I found Organix's Cherry Blossom Ginseng Conditioner, and with every use, along with the olive oil treatment, my hair was much more manageable. I don't do the olive oil treatment anymore (one month since I've done it) but I still use the conditioner.

Also, trim your hair once a month. Once you get your hair to become softer and stronger, if you are going to use any kind of heat on your hair, ALWAYS use a heat protection spray before blow drying or straightening or curling.