+ Reply to Thread

Don't know where to put this but....

Geez, I haven't been on this forum for like 3 years now O_O which is pretty intense.
    Well anyway, I've come here for some advice.

So I started developing at a young age and that's when my mom decided to become all religious and take her to all her religious classes. Those classes were so bizarre that one of the women said that wearing a tampon if you're not married was a sin, but I believed them anyway bc according to my mom back then "They're arab, they know Islam better than anyone else!" (the biggest lie ever) So, in these classes I went to when I was 10-11, they basically said you shouldn't wear anything knee length and always wear baggy clothes.So that's what I did. I even slouched on purpose so no one would notice my b**bs, which ended up hurting my posture but...

So due to all these rules and not having access to modest swimsuits, I stopped swimming completely. My only suit was non padded lol that was bad and I was so insecure. So in like 2013, I got a swimsuit that was "modest" but I guess not modest enough. It has leggings that go to my knees and padding, but it's still not modest enough for standards. But this isn't about the suit, I completely forgot how to swim! I can't bring myself to float, like I can't do it. I can't tread water (I never learned but...) and now my mom assumes I'm swimming whenever I go to the pool with my brother. I told her I can't swim at ALL and she's making fun of me. I'm telling her the story and she's calling it all bs. She wants me to be in lessons with my 11 year old brother (who is the oldest in his swimming lessons....) at the same time but it's too embarrassing. I don't know what to do. MY mom knows how to swim but refuses to teach me. My aunt knows but she lives with my grandma who broke her hip so she can't do anything. I am very conflicted here, I can't find time to swim with my aunt now that summer is ending, and I won't be able to do it during the school year since I'm ************************ and decided to do all honors. What do I do?

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    It's possible to teach yourself to swim. Just try moving your arms and legs around and see if you can find a way to stay afloat. That's pretty much how I learned how to swim, though my mom did try to give me some tips. People swim differently too, especially if they learn on their own. Also, watch people swim and see how they do it!
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

I've been trying to but also can't find time to go to the pool D:
    Like idk why I can't get myself to float. I used to be able to do it but I can't do it. Like I know you're supposed to expand your stomach sort of and go back but I can't do it >,<