+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1068
    Paid more than I thought they were worth for the two Oh Sir Insult Simulator games from the latest Humble Bundle. They're actually naked derivations of the Secret of Monkey Island sword combat from 1990. As that's a point and click game with no physics, in order to win sword fights you have to distract your opponent with an insult. As you continue to play, you learn more and more lines until you find the right combination and defeat the swordsmen. That's exactly what this is: a famous Monkey Island minigame turned into its own game. It doesn't really add anything to it, and despite playing a lot of it yesterday it was a little disappointing as the new insults seem to take their sweet time appearing and the amount of choices you're given so far to build up your insults is extremely limited and makes me wonder if they'll get any better. It's also not very cleverly implemented. For example, if you insult the computer opponents mother and they are sensitive to it, you can get a combo with 'your mother looks like your mother'. I had insults there that didn't include a single relevant attack on the individual and still scored with them. It was fun and probably worth the money, but not as good as I had hoped and I hope the Hollywood one is better. Incidentally, HP Lovecraft is American and God sounds like Morgan Freeman.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 08-09-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    Yesterday I played Bloons Tower Defense 2 medium eight times (the first time i got a better score which was lost at round 26 then i failed everytime).
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

Yesterday I played the third track of Bloons Tower Defense 4 Expansion (failed then failed then lost at round 37).

Free Five Night's at Freddy's spin off (haven't played it yet but did play the alpha and have a Steam game that looks like it uses the same design as the alpha):
    http://gamejolt.com/games/tjocsm/139218

The following link (a Fine Bros React video) contains swearing; apparently the 'f' word is unacceptable and gets beeped, but the 's' word isn't:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5BvbjwP8lQ

The Hollywood Oh Sir game is better. It feels like nonsense jokes do get penalized harder. I don't know that there's twice the amount of content to justify twice the price. They both have single player tournaments of 5 rounds. They both seem to have the same number of characters. There is a Steam Workshop with it and possible customization possibilities, and a bit of a tweaked engine.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 08-11-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Yesterday I played the eighth track of Bloons Tower Defense 4 (failed then lost at 33 then 37).

Two gaming websites, Desura and Shiny Loot, both went out of business in the last few years. Shiny Loot didn't affect me much, I had about 10 games I think that I needed to acquire, but I had hundreds on desura. I remember scrambling to get the data all downloaded and then accidentally getting water on my external hard drive, destroying it and loosing all the data and having to reacquire it all over and spend another $80 on a new external drive. Then the computer died and I lost track of where I was. I got most of it, but didn't finish it before the site went completely unfuctional. Another site said to have acquired the resources probably dirt cheap from a bankruptcy sale, but I think it's been at least a year and they haven't given us back access to our games. They say they expect to open it again later this year, but I'm skeptical and they do caution you there is a possibility they may not be able to preserve your account.

This puts me constantly in panic for the other platforms, which I am dependent. Steam is probably not going to collapse any time soon, and if it did because of some idiotic marketting decisions (eg. Steam Box) I'm sure someone would be eager to take over their business. But GOG? Itch.io? Humble? Groupees?

The last one is a bundle site, and their quality is really dropping off. In fact, they seemed to have suffered successive hits by sites which supported them: first the bankruptcy of Desura, then the closing of business of Shiny Loot, then the end of Steam Greenlight. Now I'll be lucky to get value out of one of their bundles, and have suffered successive hits with prepurchase of bundles that are not worth half of what they were asking prepurchase price that makes me question whether I should continue with them. Early this year, I bought a Be Mine bundle package from them that entitled me to 10 Be Mine bundles in the next year, but I think they have only released two so far? I also got a rising value coin that I wanted to spend on one of their comic bundles, but after buying they have since made it so you can't use that coin for anything without a prepurchase price cheating me of about $10 that I used in my evaluation of that Be Mine bundle price. Now I've got a coin I can't spend.

They used to have good music bundles (proper songs with vocalists), now it is by the numbers synth keyboard instrumental stuff.

I am in a scramble to get everything downloaded from them that I've bought before, but never have the internet for it and their download speeds are very slow! I am going to try and register up all my itch.io keys from them when I have the time. I probably have hundreds.

There is one site I am dependent on that I did properly accumalate all my products for: Gamersgate. It took time, but I got there in the end. That said, the data on hard drives strays over years. Eventually, the data will become corrupt without remagnetizing by copying to another hard drive and back again. Something I'm too lazy to do. It's probably all in vain... Probably the only storage device you should trust for 10+ years of storage is Blu Ray. I'll need 20 Blu Ray's to back up each one of my 1TB hard drives. Right now, I can imagine 100 Blu Ray's. Fun... But I do have a Blu Ray burner for this purpose, if I ever get around to wanting to do it.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 08-12-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Yesterday I played the seventh track of Bloons Tower Defense 4 (failed everything).

The Escapists looks a lot more entertaining multiplayer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7o9xRdDmbM

It looks like there is a camera at the door. Probably could have carried the guard to the door and that might have opened it?
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 08-13-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Yesterday I played the forty-fifth track of Bloons Tower Defense 5 (failed then lost at round 39 then failed).

I have been unable to get good sleep for the last two weeks due to the winds and something being blown about against the wall out back (I can't go out there, personal confrontation issues, I live with someone who I haven't 'seen' or spoken to in 20 years due to my PTSD-like aversion issues who 'triggers' me; due to the inability to confront him, we are stuck paying his bills). I have averaged 4 hours per day over the last 3 days so prefer to not do anything eye or noise intensive such as gaming. I am too tired to go into the doctors to arrange for that appointment to get a second opinion for my eyes (possible acute glaucoma) and have cancelled it. I'll probably make it for 2 or 3 weeks from now. I am going to do some more work on my Gamemaker project... I am learning a lot!