+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118
Results 1,171 to 1,178 of 1178
    The Humble monthly bundle games have arrived.

Rise of Tomb Raider (early unlock) - Decided was worth $5 USD, despite it not having the DLC and the DLC not being bundled separately, which usually see's me devalue a game much more, as I want to just play it which I haven't gotten around to yet.

Wargame: Red Dragon - I was after this one. To be fair, I was after the trio of games and already had the cheapest one. At one point, there was a sale on Gamersgate where I believe they came down to about $9 between the 3, which made the other two a good price. So I was waiting to pay $9 for the two I didn't have. Since the remaining game is $20 RRP and at 75% off will be $5 (if it comes to 75% off), this one -- though more expensive -- is not worth $4 to me. I bet the bundle will finally come up for sale at $9 USD again without the other game also being marked down a similar amount now that I have it. So I need to feel I got it for a few dollars less still. Thus, I'll give it a $2 value.

Furi - I could be lenient on the Rise of Tomb Raider DLC issues, but not with this. Once again, the only way to buy the DLC affordably is to repurchase the game since they're not selling an individual DLC bundle that I may one day buy. Given this game looks like another ************************ fighting game, I think it might be worth $0.75 despite the 20 USD RRP. EDIT: Actually, the expensive DLC is one heionously overpriced soundtrack DLC, something I never consider obligatory. The other DLC is $4 USD and doesn't really integrate with the main game.

Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You - A high rated indie game. I'll give it the benefit of doubt for its 75% off price of $2.50. No annoying DLC to make it feel like an incomplete experience.

Seasons After Fall - One of those arty 2-D side scrollers it looks like that I never get around to playing. Not an obligatory purchase as it's not a 90%+ rated Steam game like Orwell is, so $2.50 worth to me ($3.75 would be the 75% off price).

The Shrouded Isle - Seems like it should be an IndieGala bundle, not Humble. $0.25.

Scanner Sombre - Looks interesting, unique. But it also looks boring and the reviews describe it as a walking simulator. $0.50.

Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy - No ratings yet, so can't put a value on it.

$13.50 price for a $12 bundle. So slightly better than par again. That said, I don't really feel the excitement with the new reveals this morning.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 10-06-2017 at 06:08 PM.

A year or so ago, I passed on a couple of Humble Monthly bundles because the early unlocks were Multiplayer only games. I regretted passing on some of the other items in the bundles though and am still after a few of them.

I early unlocked the latest bundle despite the multiplayer only games I will never experience in knowledge of this fact. Hopefully the rest of the games are good. But it doesn't hurt that the two MP games with Steam keys are from franchises I like (Quake and Elder Scrolls). If things ever changed and I could get more regular access to the internet, I might still get mileage out of them at some stage. Besides, even if ID don't add AI to Quake Champions, I have a feeling bots will made it that way from console commands or mods eventually anyway.

I won't continue to buy bundles like this if I don't near par at least.

I'm not playing anything partly due to how I'm feeling. Decided to do virtually nothing yesterday, even on my basketball project, but I have done a lot on that in the last few days.

EDIT: The third early unlock is Elder Scrolls Legends card game, but Humble do not provide you the Steam key, it has to be reclaimed through Bethesda. It is said to have a single player mode. I hope these other two games do not count hugely against what's left in the bundle.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 10-11-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Drawesome Gaming from Pam at Toaster Ghost/Smosh:

I have started Battleblock Theatre after about a weeks break from gaming. I wanted to play NBA Playgrounds but Steam was blocking me from doing so because it had a 3.5GB (now over 4GB) update! I like that they are adding content to the game, but there is no reason to make it non-functional. It'll take me probably two more days to get that update, provided there isn't another following it.

But Battleblock Theatre is pretty hilarious:

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I played pokemon ruby version earlier today
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD

Among the problems with NBA Playground so far... My PS2 controller won't work with it, which won't ordinarily be an issue if it has good keyboard controls, but it refuses to allow me to customize it to my familiar keyboard set up (for instance enter for shots), I have to adopt a new keyboard set up, the num pad but if I'm not careful I accidently hit num lock and lose control. Secondly is the shooting control. I still have no idea what is happening. It feels like you can't shoot while moving (possibly another control issue). It is possible you need to press twice to time your shots as opposed to the more familiar holding down? I turned the shot meter off when playing as I don't like it in other games, but now I think to play it that way to see what is hjappening during the tutorial, which I now have to reset. I categorically do not like rap, but the funky title music was actually satisfactory in a groovy '70s ABA basketball kind of way. But then the same music plays while playing and it adds a layer of tedium, next to the commentators with their boring and often erroneous commentary.

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I last played Pokemon Gold Version on virtual download I started my file today, around midnight. And went to bed after catching a hoot-hoot. Then woke up early today to continue my file with the daytime exclusives in the wild XD
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD

NBA Playgrounds works with my PS2 controller with X360CE. For some reason, no problems shooting the ball anymore especially with regards to driving in for a dunk or layup where the shot button would previously go totally unresponsive. But it is not allowing me to use the stick for dribbling, including crossovers? It is a fairly generic game. No signature moves, everyone seems to play the same. I was playing with Detlef Schrempf and Shawn Kemp (why the hell is he wearing a Cavs uniform, his most and best seasons where for the Sonics?), a throw back to '90s basketball and Schrempf was doing silly dunks. It seemed really easy in the first tournament, I know there is difficulty settings for exhibition but I can't see it for tournaments so I assume those will get harder.

I will be trying X360CE on Frog Climbers which also won't work with my controller, but I was offline yesterday and only had the 64-bit version of the program which it informed me wouldn't work. Hopes of playing that one, finally, albeit single player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3haYKTiV9o