+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107
Results 1,061 to 1,068 of 1068
    Regina playing Tempest from Night of the Comet (I couldn't hear audio at the time I posted the pong video and assumed it didn't have potentially offensive language in it; I was wrong):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0HOZH2W8fU

Can't see her full score, I don't know if that's 36,000 or 360,000, but I got 65,000 in no time with the game. The game actually has difficulty settings that allow you bonuses for clearing a full screen. If you play at the second highest, you get I think 30,000 points automatically? So if you clean the first two, you get over 60,000. A high scoring game could take just 2 minutes this way. And it depends largely on luck. Play it enough, you'll surely get 3 or 4 cleansed levels for 100,000+ when taking into account other points. The highest difficulty setting will score you higher, but it is disabled by default. If I were to regard this as a scoring contest, I'd need to set different highscores to different 'difficulty' modes.

After several days of resisting, thought I'd try my luck on a GOG Pinata for $3 USD. Last time I tried my luck on these types of things, I went 0 for 10 in 2 Easter Egg bundles I think. I can't have this bad luck all the time. About 65% of the stuff there is stuff I don't have.

I got Memoria, which I not only already have on Steam, I also have DRM-free on Humble Bundle. Waste of money. I don't know whether I'll ask for a refund, though, as at least I didn't already own it on GOG. Matter of time before they give it away though through GOG Connect. It's not their policy to refund it, but some have claimed on the forums. Gambling sucks. At least it was a $25 AUD game that I got for $4 AUD whether or not I already had it, and I did get a DRM free version of DeadLight Directors Cut for free when it was being given away even though I already have that game. If I don't ask for a refund, they better be happy with my donation. Maybe I'll just accept as my lesson to never again do it.

If I had played it through already, I might be more inclined to ask for a refund. I think it's a donation and a lesson, and next time they give me free stuff during a sale I won't have any guilt for not supporting them if they have nothing to offer. I'd actually have liked SWAT III, even if it is a $12 AUD game, as I love that game and need a download version, but since there are 200 games, fat chance of that happening to begin with.

I kind of wish I could give it away, but then I probably already have keys of it to give away but no one is taking so whatever...
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 08-18-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    Yesterday I played the fortieth track of Bloons Tower Defense 5 (lost at round 49 then failed then lost at 46 - rank 17).
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

I bought two more pinatas. I was reading the forum and found indication once again that GOG will honor a refund request, but I figured if I was going to go through the effort I might as well try my luck a second time and if that didn't turn out well get them both refunded at the same time. And it's not entirely against their T&C: they say they will not give you duplicate games, they just go off your GOG library.

I got Bombshell. It is a poorly received game. But it is normally $40 AUD. I paid $4 AUD for the Pinata. Even still, considering my library of games and the fact that I hardly have the time to play many well received games, $4 AUD sounds bad for a poorly received game.

But you know what? I'm happy to accept it. Because it is not a game I already own. So I tried a third time and got Anomaly Defenders, once again a game I have DRM free on Humble and on Steam. I have requested they refund both that and Memoria. If they honor it before the sale ends, I may try my luck a couple more times and so long as I get games I don't own already I will not likely ask for a refund. I have stated I am happy for any refund to be tied up as store credit.

Yesterday I played the thirty-ninth track of Bloons Tower Defense 5 (lost at round 49 then 46 then 39 - rank 17).

Two more pinatas, carefully, one at a time with my refunds. Got Willy Beamish. I'd never have bought this game for 50% which is the reduction I got, even if it was one I wanted to play as a kid, as I can hold out playing it until it is 75% off. But it was only $2 AUD difference and I am content once again with the gamble. Since I was happy with the first purchase, I went with a second. Got This War is Mine. Already have that, once again on Steam and Humble DRM free. Going to ask for another refund.

They also failed to remove Memoria from my account when asking for a refund. That should be remedied.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; Yesterday at 06:03 PM.

Yesterday I played the thirty-eighth track of Bloons Tower Defense 5 (failed then lost at round 37 then 32 - rank 14).

The danger with gambling. Knowing the majority of pinata titles there are ones I do not own and knowing that 4 out of 6 pinatas I've bought are ones I do own, and feeling safe they will refund my transactions if they are duplicates, I tried my luck three more times and got just 1 out of those 3 games I didn't already own, and it wasn't worth the price but I am 'happy' with it. I believe the sale probably ends in about half an hour, so I just done it and regretted it for the third time. But I will claim on refund one more time (which must be annoying them but provided they do the right thing, maybe they will consider not teasing people in with gambling habits next time). I just kept seeing in my head that I'd get SWAT IV for $4, not the $8 AUD it is presently listed at on sale and it didn't eventuate. I'm not paying extra for it on sale, that is like paying into a rewardless pinata in the first place. Instead, two of the 3 games I won had a RRP of just $8 AUD, so only 50% off when my standard is 75% off. Probably their pinatas had a tremendous tendecy to be on the lower end... At least slot machines spell their odds...

The one I won today wasn't even on my radar (I had never even heard of it before), but it is 4.5 star rated there: the retro 1990 game Conquests of Camelot, the Search for the Grail. Could be fun in a King's Quest kind of way. Actually, I'd like to play Conquests of the Longbow since that is Robin Hood themed, and I really have fond memories of another Robin Hood themed game, The Legend of Sherwood. But I will wait however long for that to come to be 75% off...
    Last edited by dwayne2005@hellokitty.com; Today at 05:43 PM.