+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 145 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1446
    Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX on the hardest difficulty, but with 'simple' mode selected (I believe it makes executing special moves easier, which I couldn't seem to perform at all with it set to normal):

I got in a few goes just before this video, but it was soon after my first game. I didn't like the moves this fighter has, but she has a cute voice and story so I thought I'd use her. I want to play as her second rival next time. This is one game that I considered refunding because the developer has released an improved version for the same non-sale cost. I decided to keep it because the other one probably won't be 75% off for another year and I wanted to have something for YouTube. I got it at 80% off and the successor has just 1 additional character, so even if it does top out at 75% off that's $1.50 USD extra. I am also hoping the developer changes stuff, like the balance and the storymode so it isn't just the exact same thing over again.

That girl from the Passpartout video doing real painting several years ago. I like time lapse of painting, it is fantastic seeing how artistry is built up! That said, I liked earlier stages of this better than the final version.

Humble Store now has a winter sale, and GOG couldn't get enough of the sales either (desperation?). I continue to buy games. I could have gotten Arcana Heart 3 for a slight reduction if I had waited. I bought a gruesome game called Guts for only 50% off! It is one that is going to appear on Humble Monthly, I'm sure of it, so I paid $9 after my monthly subscriber discount that I probably shouldn't have spent at all. Furthermore, their description of a DRM free version is incorrect; it is a demo only! I have many issues with it, such as how few fighters there and how few backgrounds there are. Some of the other things I won't mention as it gets explicit. It will give children nightmares. It would give adults nightmares if they played it before bed, so I know it will give sensitive children nightmares.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 01-13-2018 at 05:55 PM.

I have given up trying to grab footage of GUTS. The videos are incredibly stuttery and it ruins the gameplay. It looks fairly terrible, it shouldn't be using that much CPU. I wouldn't have posted it here, anyway: too graphic! I will say there's a story mode there that will probably intensely upset cat owners and those opposed to animal cruelty. There's a maniac female character who tortures her cat. I like the art and the sinister nature of it, and it is fiction but something tells me the makers of this game have no affection for cats to know just how wrong and unfunny that is.

I intended to grab a bunch of videos but got snared on trying to grab GUTS and grabbed little, and all I did grab was another attempt at Arcana Heart 3 using the same character but a different path https://youtu.be/7fOEPYrX9wg (I tried her rival in yesterdays video but it wasn't fun; most of the characters are not cutely voiced/written up like she is). It is probably the hardest difficulty setting which I use in the videos is not easy when the combat mode is set to simple. Rather, this character is easy as I had a heck of a time with the other character.

I'd like to start completing games, but mostly not on video. I have a LOT of games, I'm not running out of inspiration, it's just becoming a clearer agenda.

Oh, I played and caught video of my restarting the art game. I took my time with the pictures, which were abstract. One of them sold for a fictional 900 euros (first chapter). It seems the game rewards you not necessarily for the quality, but how much time you spend on it. I don't know whether to bother uploading the videos as it's slow and about 45 minutes worth, the art isn't good but you know unlike some on YouTube I'm going off my mind and not copying from pictures online. I actually don't like trying to replicate things, I want to do my own thing. I may accelerate the frame rate and compact it into a shorter player time. I intended to use my USB drawing board thing but it wouldn't work, unlike it does for others, for some reason. It moved, but wouldn't draw.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 01-14-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Lost 3 hours due to a bad clock. Trying to get everything uploaded.

Kami. Very relaxing puzzle game.

Windosill. This game is fantastic, but according to How Long to Beat the creativity only lasts half an hour. Clearly they are playing with the solutions at hand because I was stumped on the room on my second part for about 10 minutes of the 35 minutes I recorded until I gave up for the night.

I played my first proper game of Sword of the Stars: The Pit after adding the last DLC I needed. I bought the gold edition a long time ago but this last DLC wasn't included, and as I had a lot of other stuff to get to I waited for it to come down in price for a couple of years. It only dropped to 50% off, but it'll do. For some reason, I thought I had the rest on Humble DRM free so I was waiting for it there specifically.

Didn't expect my debut proper game to take so long. It lasted almost 2.5 hours. I was recording video and am uploading the last 25 minutes of it, but it's pretty boring. I think I may have almost wanted myself to die by the end because it looked like I could probably finish the game on my first go on normal difficulty for a while there.

I also played my first games of Monster Slayers, probably my first RPG card game I have installed and played. I liked it and caught video, but for some reason ti didn't grab the audio.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 01-15-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Pony Island:

Tried getting a video of the wonderful game The Count Lucanor but my laptop can't handle this pixel game. Why? Undoubtedly Java. I am looking into alternate screen recorders to OBS. I was able to get an acceptable video of GUTS using my other screen recorder, but the audio is a mess.

For the record, you can see my animated desktop at the start of the second part to Pony Island. That is a CPU hog, but it's suppose to switch off when programs go fullscreen and mostly it does. Still, the gimmic of it tires after a day or so.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 01-16-2018 at 07:03 PM.

I have heard back from CyberLink. Took them 2 weeks and caught me by surprise. I thought Fanatical giving me the Steam version of Action Director 2 was the end of matters. Apparently that was just fantastic customer service on their behalf, because CyberLink has given me the download links to my 4 expansion packs. That said, they say I need my keys to register them. I was giving different kind of keys in the bundle that seemed to trigger the download links, not necessarily registration. If they are registration keys, I'll be elated, but until then I'll hold my breath.

It makes me feel better about buying Crazy Machines 3 from Fanatical yesterday for $5. I kept telling myself it was worth less but I wanted to play it anyway. I have all the other Crazy Machines, and quite possibly all the noteworthy Rube Goldberg games (all the classics that come up in reviews as well as one that I can't remember the name of that was probably the best I had played). All I am missing is a single DLC for CM2 (I kept buying it in bundles with all DLC but then they kept adding extra DLC). CM3 may get an overwhelmingly positive rating on Steam, but on Metacritic it is way different (sub-7). I am hoping to play through some levels for my channel and maybe upload some of my own contraptions. I think this probably has more customization ability than previous games. In fact, I never saw a customization option in CM2, but that may be because I never looked? It also has no DLC, despite being over a year old, which is fantastic as it indicates to me it may be the final version (unlike CM2).
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 01-17-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Finally playing Cave Story+, which some describe as the most famous indie game ever developed. It certainly has fame, I've heard a lot about it, but I wonder if it has the numbers to support that title? It's a good game, but I've yet to feel it's amazing. Toroko is very cute (http://cavestory.wikia.com/wiki/Toroko). Will upload the next 2 parts in the next couple of hours.

Me playing Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition from 2007, the out of print last release of the Chessmaster franchise for some reason.

From my video summary:

You're not a 'gamer' unless you play chess and play it well. It's one of the oldest games in existence, and if the primitive screwheads who believed the world was flat can play it you should wipe the floor with their game.

Here's a short example of my godliness (I am white). I can teach you how to play like me for only $999 an hour. I even learnt my craft from Joshua Waitzkin (the name of the kid the movie Searching for Bobby Fischer was based on). I was trained by the best of 'em! Thanks Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition for making me what I am today, a veritable god amongst men!

And behold, the video! That's right: a winner in under 40 seconds!

...no sarcasm there. :|

As expected, the Cyberlink packs didn't use the keys I had. They had no key, so they worked anyhow. That 'definitive Rube Goldberg' game I was thinking of yesterday was Rube Works, but it probably isn't so definitive since it only has 18 puzzles. I'll have a video tomorrow.

I don't know just any weird over complicated contraption is necessarily in the spirit of Rube Goldberg, but it has to have a few additional things. Such as humor, and the task should be very easy without the contraption. Rube Works probably captures the spirit more than the rest.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 01-18-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Some Crazy Machines 3 solving at roughly 3x speed (45 minutes worth bundled into a 15 minute video). I think I might have played the first level which is not included anyway before starting to record, but the rest is fresh. The absolute worst was the one where the balls are dropping into the bins, because if I had placed them all out on the screen before I would have realized almost instantly how it should go (2 horizontal ones, 3 angular ones for the 3 colours and bins... lesson learnt):

--removed for strong language--

Some Rube Works solving also at 3 speed (I had previously played through the first 3, but after that it is new):

I had to speed up both videos in Power Director as Vegas Pro didn't work on the video and audio simultaneously, I couldn't figure out how to speed up both at precisely the same speed and then when I tried creating my video it told me I did not have a license to the software despite it saying clearly my license is still active. There is a horrible graphical glitch that occurs and lingers. I mostly fixed it for the Rube Works using a different render process, but it was too late to fix up Crazy Machines 3. Hopefully the fix also fixes up the spots that is very visible with white text on dark backgrounds. Oh well... I have downloaded Action Director which hopefully is more featured with regards to the video settings.

A case can be made that these guys (or at least 1 of them) are liars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqD13AKdRfo

There are a couple of giveaways that that first player has played Cave Story before. The first is the fact that it is missing the opening sequence with the guy locked in the room. This doesn't play only if the game has been played before and the game started afresh but the program not restarted. They have also removed the previous save game evidently to make it look like they have not played it before, it looks deliberate as the only way to delete the save file is when starting a game. The second give away is the way the first player is jumping. You can't gauge the jump that accurately the first time you play, he is moving too fluid. He knows his way about it.

I sample most of my games the first time I play, and it is evident the first person had at least sampled it previously. He is so sloppy later on including drowning that I didn't think he got far on his first play, and it was just a sampling. But the way he repeatedly acts as if he has never done any of it before is a bit annoying because I know he has. I can understand saying you've never played any of it before if it gets you out of having to describe at length the truth (like I kind of played it just to get a feel for it but haven't really 'played' played it before), but he isn't entirely sincere. Maybe I do bend the truth a little as well (such as saying I only played the first 3 levels of Rube Works before when I suspect I might have played the 4th one to solution 2 or so years ago and have now forgotten how it works), but Cave Story uniquely provided a 'caught ya, suckerz' moment for the bigger YouTube channels that enjoy more than 0 or 1 hits.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 01-20-2018 at 07:27 PM.

I removed that link (of the 'liars') because I didn't realize they used strong language in it. I don't think they did in the most part, but right off the bat at the start they do it multiple times. I somehow forgot that.

I had a headache and strained vision all day and decided to just play NBA 2k11. I have many games, including Anarcute, lined up. Got Anarcute in a Fanatical bundle. It was on my wishlist, but I put it there because I didn't have time to analyze it and am baffled by the rating and appeal. I'll give it a try though, but I think I paid too much at what worked out to be around 75% off because I had most of the bundle already.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 01-20-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    This is a thread about the games that we play, he is talking about the games that he is playing, what is the problem here exactly?
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

The Kittynator, I've had enough with you telling me and others what we can/cannot post. You didn't like my flooding this thread with what I am playing, then I sure hope you enjoy when 1 or 2 other people post per year because that's what's you're going to get. I am through with this thread, or any of your threads for that matter. By the sounds of it, that will makes up both happier.