If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    Stan Skates three times.

Stan Skates twice.

Did not play anything yesterday, today too and at the least Sunday too, I will be back here when I will start playing again.

Not making a return, but stopping by to share a game I'm making. It is my 3rd program. It is based on the Australian game show Letters & Numbers, which is a trimmed down version of a UK show called Countdown, which in turn is a trimmed down version of a French show called Des chiffres et des lettres.

It is an anagram and math game. 2 letters rounds, followed by a numbers round, followed by 2 letters round, another numbers round, then letters, numbers and a 'conundrum' anagram round for a total of 9 rounds. The letters rounds involve you finding the longest word possible from a selection of 9 letters. The numbers round involves you trying to make up a target number from a selection of 6 numbers (a combination of bigs and smalls). The conundrum round is simply a jumbled up 9 letter word; you have to guess what it is.

The maths round is the only one that probably needs more explanation. You have 4 input boxes with + signs between them. Each of those input boxes can have its own equation that you have to type out from the available numbers. So if you have the numbers 4 and 6 available, you can for instance have 4+6 in the first box. The boxes essentially serve as calculations in parenthesis, they just remove some of the strain of having to type in parenthesis. The + symbol can be clicked on beside the input boxes to change them to the other symbols.

Finally, you have to know the answer to your equation. After the clock has countdown, you need to enter a declared value that you arrived at, so you have to remember it or figure it out once the screen goes blank, but you do have an unlimited amount of time to try and process it mentally.

http://www.geocities.ws/rotafan/anagram6/index.html

Not sure if it works on Mac browsers? Mac browsers, for one thing, may require different font codes so I'm not sure if the text appears. Mobile/cell phone browsers may also be an issue, I don't have a cell phone but I imagine it may possibly stall when it combs through the hundreds of thousands of possibilities to try and find a solution.

There are also other issues. It is possible some equations may produce wrong results as I haven't yet programmed into it Order of Operations which applies the multiplication and division signs first. With the way I enter the numbers in, it hasn't been an issue for me. Even though it may seem inconvenient to have to type in the answers, I prefer it this way personally. I like a bit of discipline. In my exploration of others versions, I found one that has a more convenient button interface but it shows which values you have selected--making mistakes is a part of the show and that eliminates it. If you make a mess of the numbers equation, you will probably lose so you have to keep it tidy. You can test the different rounds out individually.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 06-07-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Glad to see you back but sad you are not staying!

Every week or two, I stop by but I'm happy to not post.

Current version: http://www.geocities.ws/rotafan/anagram7/index.html

Example of how to play the math game:

It should be finding the shortest answer possible but it isn't. A bug I need to work out.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 06-09-2018 at 07:50 PM.

http://www.geocities.ws/rotafan/anagram12/index.html

I have dramatically reigned in the amount of possible calculations causing the math solver to go about 600% faster. But it's still missing solutions for whatever reason that this, for instance, picks up: https://incoherency.co.uk/countdown/

I have many ideas for future games. My next goal is a typing game with public domain classic works of literature, in particular Shakespeare. Since I never get around to getting 'cultured', I think I will do it this way. I always like when there is double pay off to doing things (learning how to make games and enriching your cultural knowledge). It fits with my optimal mindset, doing 200% at one time.

http://www.geocities.ws/rotafan/anagram13/index.html

I think I need to rethink the parenthesis part of the equations. My solver isn't good enough.

The 'seeding' was broken yesterday. The seeds will produce whole new results now.