+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1446
    Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    Alien Aces seven times.
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

Could not play anything yesterday, was planning to but when I was doing some cleaning I realised I had made a serious mistake in my plan and sure enough when I checked later it was true so had to restart again, decided before getting up that I will skip the things I came up with yesterday and the ones I came up with lately and tomorrow I will go straight to the most important step and see where it takes me.

When I will take a decision I will play games I have known for a long time for the last times (done that with some of the less liked the past months) I will start with one today that for a long time I was searching and finally found again weeks ago.

The Amazing Dare Dozen three times.

I played the main game on Pyramid Solitaire (the older version works [that link works which is the only thing that works besides the main game] and the new too but that 1 only that game works which is a shame especially for the user made) 52 times (won only 6).

Darts (finally had found the version i played many times years before - its on Y8) seven times (beat the computer 1 time).

http://www.geocities.ws/rotafan/anagram33/index.html

I had been developing and refining it for the Firefox browser. I didn't realize there were a tonne of issues with other browsers. I haven't tried Chrome yet, but for the Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer browsers there were issues with the input boxes which would cause the game to 'lose focus' and the keyboard to go unresponsive unless the screen was reclicked. This meant it would appear to reach a dead end and nothing would work! I have removed all those input boxes with async versions during gameplay which does keep the game 'in focus'. I haven't removed the settings ones yet from the main screen. If you click on the numbers for them, you can change one lot of settings but it will go unresponsive to any other keyboard attempts at settings changes.

There are also performance issues and artifacts in the IE and Edge versions that I don't even begin to know what might be causing them. These issues are presumably why the music (now 9 tracks) is coming out with constant and extremely irritating artifacts. (I had to remove the Dvorak String Quatet as much as I like the piece because even though it is Creative Commons, it has a no modifications rule which prevents you from 'building' upon it. This means generally it can't be used as a soundtrack for videos or games.

I am new to design so this is just me adjusing to things. Ideally, I'd keep an eye on everything as it is being built up so then I know what changes have adverse effects. Now I have to guess my way in the hope of fixing things up. So there are no guarantees it will ever be as good on other browsers as it is on Firefox. Maybe it's because I do need to update my Microsoft Edge browser and it's on my end only, but I'm assuming it's problematic for everyone.

At the moment, you may need to press space twice for it to advance, especially after numbers rounds. Not sure what is happening there.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 07-06-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Alien Solitaire (for the last times) six times (lost 4 won 2).

Yukon on the new version of Pyramid Solitaire (for the first and last times) twenty-one times (lost everytime).

3 Diamond on Fruit Mahjong (for the first and last times) eleven times (won 2 times).

Latest version with a number of fixes/improvements including grabbing the bug of the numbers rounds not advancing if no solution was entered.

http://www.geocities.ws/rotafan/anagram34/index.html