+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Data breach

Senior Member acton@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Data breach

Database storing 3.3 million sanriotown.com accounts found online

"A database for sanriotown.com, the official online community for Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters, has been discovered online by researcher Chris Vickery. The database houses 3.3 million accounts and has ties to a number of other Hello Kitty portals.

Vickery contacted Salted Hash and Databreaches.net about the leaked data Saturday evening.

The records exposed include first and last names, birthday (encoded, but easily reversible Vickery said), gender, country of origin, email addresses, unsalted MD5 password hashes, password hint questions, their corresponding answers, and other data points that appear to be website related."

http://www.csoonline.com/article/301...itty-fans.html

I know Sanriotown had security issues.

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Oh my goodness. O.O
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

Why weren't emails sent out? This seems like a pretty huge issue, and I'm lucky I found out. I don't come here very often any more. I just happened to see a thumbnail of the front of the site while reading a different news story. Scary!

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/21/h...lo-kitty-fans/

"The alleged security breach of the SanrioTown site is currently under investigation," Sanrio said in a statement to the site. "Information will be made available once confirmed."
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.