+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gun Recession

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar

Exclamation Gun Recession

Anybody here has ever had that?

Last night I saw that for some of my teeth (the back ones - it is worst on top at the right and on bottom at the left but 1 on top left is started to get it and i think some too on bottom right). It is not painful at all (i sadly know what tooth pain is) and I also do not have the feeling that my teeth are moving. I checked the internet (this is how i found the name) and it's either so not serious that it does not need any treatment and if so then if caught early a deep cleaning can take care of it and if not then an operation is needed (i whine just for cleanings so you can all imagine what its like when i have fillings done - had 2 of my wisdom teeth removed years ago and i was put under sleep for that which was a good thing because for 1 they were at it for an half hour to get it out).

The dentist I picked when we moved here is either retired or has moved so I took mom's but they are weirdly closed (called after 18:00 but normally dentists in my country are opened that time and even later) so I will call tomorrow, I think this is considered an emergency so I probably will get an appointment soon if not that same day, I hope this is not serious!
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

Oh wow I meant to write Gum Recession not Gun Recession! ! This insomnia I am having is making me do ************************ things !

And I forgot one more thing ! What I see are the roots .

I had an infection that spread to my jaw (Osteomyelitis of the jaws, which is said used to be a fatal condition before antibiotics but I think they may be talking about babies) 2 years ago. You don't want to experience that. One of the worst pains I've ever experienced because it was so sustained (sometimes it felt like what I imagine arthritis might feel like in the jaw, other times it felt like a pinched nerve). I had everything under the sun (feeling like the tooth was on fire to the touch, gum swelling up and overlapping the tooth, Trismus (inability to open the mouth), massive dehydration (I might have developed Sjogren's syndrome from it or my use of antibiotics, which is lifelong dehydration and dry eyes... I have the severe dry eyes diagnosis and for some reason am seeing closed angle glaucoma-like ringed and rainbow halos every day [that type of glaucoma is a medical emergency but apparently I don't have it if the 1 expert I've been to is right]) and worst of all was the jaw pain, a straining feeling that compelled me to try and bandage up my head like those cartoon pictures to prevent my jaw from moving (didn't work, but there seemed to be pressure points that alleviated the pain). It is said to be pretty rare in the developed world and is caused by either a root canal done wrong (often on one of the lower molars, as was my case) or a broken tooth. The usual protocol is to remove the tooth, but my tooth doesn't appear split so I went through 8 two hour sessions to get it re-root canalled and re-crowned. But something may be starting to go awry, so we'll see...

I am probably at fault for leaving my original root canal about 6 years ago not done for about a year, plus my molar is probably a little more problematic than normal. If I have got my dry eyes and potentially Sjogren's from it for the rest of my life, it should serve as a warning to get your teeth attended to promptly (and possibly to avoid using antibiotics for sustained stretches, as I used them over about 8 months for my full range of dental appointments to be carried out: kept flaring up right until the last appointment, I would have lost the tooth if it hadn't... that said, my worst dry mouth came after my first antibiotics).
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 05-27-2017 at 07:16 PM.

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I haven't had gum recession, but my mom does. The dentist said it's mainly because of stress, you start grinding your teeth at night or when you're anxious and it affects the gums. They also said that, if diagnosed early, the only thing you might need is a night guard, although it's still important to discover what's making you grind your teeth.

Unfortunately, my mom didn't know about gum recession and had so little time to go to the dentist, when she found out it was too late and the only way to treat it was gum graft and it's a very long, annoying and, not gonna lie, a bit painful procedure that requires A LOT of special care. So my suggestion is go to your dentist as soon as possible. Once the roots are too exposed it can start to damage the nerves in your teeth, so please take care and call your dentist!

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

Gum graft? Wow the dentist I have told me that the only other option when it gets too far is to take the teeth out!

I was lucky in the sense that I went to the dentist soon after I realised what was going on plus I listened to him and it stopped and has not started again.

I not only grind my teeth when I sleep but also do it when I am awake.

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    That's mainly due to anxiety and stress, sometimes you don't even notice when you grind your teeth. Yeah, if it gets way too far I suppose tooth extraction is the only option, but gum graft is what helped my mom although she still needs a night guard just to make sure it doesn't happen again.

That's great your dentist could help you! I hope you recover soon! And follow all his instructions, they're all to ensure you have the best health possible!

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos