+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member torchickens2@mymelody.com's Avatar

Obscure Sanrio characters: Donragon

One of the most obscure official Sanrio characters is this cute little dragon character, known as Donragon (ドンラゴン).

Curiously, though the character is copyrighted to Sanrio, there is no listing for Donragon on the Sanrio Japan character listing.

Donragon was a cartoon broadcast as part of a Japanese television show called Daisuki! Hello Kitty and was illustrated by Hisato Inoue.

Donragon is a football player but he is bullied by a gang known as the Kaijuu Gun-dan (Monster Troop Gang), and is issued a red card even though he doesn't do anything bad.

Donragon has a girlfriend known as Madonra-chan who is a cheer girl. Similar to Popeye and his spinach, when he is given a kiss by Madonra-chan he has the ability to fight the monsters.

One of the members of the Monster Troop Gang is Monster Zacky who apparently tries to hurt Donragon. Curiously, she appeared in the Japanese Game Boy video games Sanrio Timenet: Kako-Hen and Mirai Hen.

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Interesting~! ^.^
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

Junior Member torchickens2@mymelody.com's Avatar
    Glad you like it Ana-chan.

This is a promotional CD based on Donragon that features (some) of the main characters (sadly I don't know all of their names). It is called Boku da yo Donragon!/Minna ni Ichiban and there is a fact page for it on the Heisei TV Anime blog.

The panda is possibly Bikkuri Panda, who is surprised whenever Mandonra-chan gives Donragon a kiss and he becomes super strong.

It seems one of the characters (the rhinoceros above, unsure?) got its own plushie as likely did the other characters but I couldn't find any other images.

Last edited by torchickens2@mymelody.com; 01-08-2017 at 05:31 PM. Reason: More information about the CD

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    That's cool. ^.^
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^