+ Reply to Thread

Albert Einstein on imagination and creativity

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." -Albert Einstein, What Life Means to Einstein (1929)

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Awesome I think I read that quote before ^_^
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    I had never seen the full quote about imagination, that first sentence is probably my favorite quote ever.
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

I saw a poster with this quote on some teen '80s film that I can't recall. Every wall should have one, because it is absolutely true. Intelligence isn't just being able to have a good conversation or being able to win at quiz games, but it is also creative and out of the box thinking, which is new and often infant-like. With me, I am actually using creativity to explore relativistic concepts but it also applies to all creative endeavours. Don't sell yourself short if you don't get high IQ in tests or can't compete in quiz shows. Let your creative side flourish.

I was severely depressed throughout school and didn't pay attention in classes or have any aspirations. I always thought death was right around the corner and I'd need to die at certain age. Today, although I'm a fan of statistics I do not know how to process physics equations for the life of me, so came up with my own geometry to conceptualize lorentz factor and composite velocities. I won't let my limitations or critcism stop me... I suggest others don't, also!
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 08-03-2017 at 07:00 PM.

I have suffered from depression since a young age too (probably since birth) and I too was thinking of suicide at a young age. One day I decided that was enough and I was making a list of ways to kill myself then for some reason I decided in May of 1996 to get up early to watch a Formula One race (never seen 1 before) and when I saw Michael Schumacher race I fell on the floor and stopped thinking of suicide. When he came back he saved me again. Since then it is the Dallas Stars that saved me, without them and being able to watch all their games after Shumi's accident I probably would not of lasted a long time. Now I think of Shumi and how he is fighting to get back to himself.

I've never understood car racing, or cars generally. They just don't appeal to me. You'd have to buy me a Lamborghini for me to begin caring. But life is full of stuff you don't expect to like and if you approach it the right way it all falls into place and everything just clicks.

I attempted multiple times, in a variety of ways which I won't discuss here. I was hospitalized twice.

So Schumacher equals 'shumi', what's the 'biggi' referencing?
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 08-04-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Biggi is Eric Lindros. If he would not of retired with the Stars I would of stopped watching Hockey and if I would of still been alive when Shumi had his accident then I would not of been soon after.

Okay, cool. The story behind my username is a little boring. [rollseyes] But for the record, Dwayne isn't my first name, it's my middle name. K-something is my first name.