+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar

The Health Thread

I figured that if we had this we would stop talking about it on other threads !

I took the last antibiotics yesterday and before bed when I looked the infection was still there. I was washing my face last night and I finally thought of the private clinics, you have to pay but you do not wait and you see only good doctors too, I will check where the nearest would be and if that infection does not go away that should be what I do next. It is supposed to be nothing at all (bacterial vaginosis) but I was diagnosed on September 5 and since then I have returned two more times at the hospital, have taken two medications (the first could not finish because it immediately made me sick then screwed my tongue + gave me an allergic reaction) and the last did got rid of almost all but some remains. I do not want to stay forever like that! It is not just the embarrassment of the odor (not 1 of the remaining symptom - i took an extra 4 days after the second hospital visit to start the others and it had came back the first day of the pills but left before that day ended) and the discharge but when it is swollen it hurts (thats the 2 symptom that do not want to go away but thankfully no pain - sometimes of course its itchy thanks to the discharge that do not want to go away). I will try to stay positive which is extremely hard for me ! I have never had an infection like that before so I thought it would go like it arrived so by itself so when I finally saw a doctor I had it for at least a full month and the pain was unbearable !
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

Got to be careful with those antibiotics. You don't want life long Sjogren syndrome like me (probably; have the severe dry eyes diagnosis, not the dry mouth diagnosis), where you can't sleep more than a few hours without dehydration (even in the peak of winter) and your eyes are a constant battle between severe dryness and crying uncontrollably. Although there is no scientific link yet that I know of with antibiotics, it coincided with that or codeine pain relief tablets and I am not the only one who has drawn a connection with the AB's.

If I would of had this at least a decade back it would of been gone before finishing the first prescribed medication since back then the pharmaceutical companies actually made medication to cure ! But what can I do, I cannot stay like that forever and the good medications do not exist anymore !

When I looked last night the discharge was worst so again a few times for a few seconds during the day plus after the shower and when it bed it itched. Also it felt very weird before I got up! I will let it be until the smell or and pain comes back then I will call the private clinic.

The antibiotics I was on for my osteomyelitis of the jaws was very good. It was the first time I had ever used antibiotics in my life, and I was on it every few weeks for 8 months. Not because it failed to get the infection, but because of the nature of my dental issue. It kept curing the infection within the prescribed time. I was actually on two, but only remember the first one (Amoxicillin) and didn't need the second, doctor just gave me it and I didn't bother making an issue of it.

This is insane being on antibiotics for that long!

I will call the private clinic today. The pain is slowly coming back and I think the smell too. There is more discharge every day and what is swollen is staying that way (at least that is not getting worst) and the itchiness too is getting worst (the redness comes and goes - like last night before the shower none at all and after it had came back).

The tongue there is a tiny difference at the tip but since I will have to take more medication soon I can forget about it then start again.

It wasn't continual. For the start, it lasted less than 10 days, then a couple of weeks later it'd be back. This span apart increased to about a month by the end of that 8 month period. The infection is caused either by a botched root canal or a tooth that is cracking, especially beneath the gums. I don't know whether it applies to the former, but for the latter I believe it makes sense why the infection keeps returning because the problem is a hard problem. Indeed, the usual protocol is to just remove the tooth, but they insisted I attempt to save it as losing a molar can cause all your teeth to start to loose alignment. The dentist couldn't detect a crack in the tooth but it didn't mean there wasn't one that they just couldn't see. Dentists seem to have difficulty getting at it and it has 4 roots. I was told by two people that the former root canal job done was excellent. I had a problem after the crowning, thought I might need to restart the antibiotics and figure out an ideal time to get it pulled, but it went away.

I never needed another prescription for the same round of infection. It was always cleared with a couple of tablets left. But the second prescription (not Amoxicillin) took the longest and I worried that it wouldn't clear with it at one stage.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 09-28-2017 at 07:10 PM.

I thought that would be me but turns out the clindamycin got rid of the infection but gave me another one which is less severe so I have one pill to take (this afternoon) and an external cream night and morning (starting tonight), if all that do not work then there is another cream and if that also do not work I will have to go see a doctor again.

By the way the private clinic is only for companies and there is none for just people in all my region so I had to go back to the hospital (waited for more than 5 hours eventhough almost nobody was there but its true that they had a few ambulance emergencies)!

There was a lot of pain yesterday but thankfully it was not all the time and not like after the woman doctor examined me. The pill was easy to take with the bread and icing plus it did not leave any bad taste on my poor tongue (who do not look better - i keep using the new tongue cleaner once every afternoon - at least the part that i had never gone too before has less accumulation). The cream was also easy to put, there were some pain after but barely. The pain seems to be coming back now.

It was very painful yesterday, it started gradually and really started when I put the cream for the second time. The pain was not all the time but when it would be back it was worst than the previous time, when I started my night routine it was almost an agony. It stopped a little before the shower (put the cream for a third time before bed) and has not been back except for a little bit which I would not really call pain. There was also a few times when it was very itchy.

The tongue it is the same.

As far as how it looks it is the same but yesterday the pain started later, it was less severe and happened less times plus the same for the itchiness. It is very red though and maybe it was just me freaking out but it seemed to me at night that what is swollen was worst. I will put the cream for a sixth time soon. We are supposed to see some changes after two or three days of taken the pill, this afternoon after 17:00 it will be three days since I took it.

The tongue it is the same except that some parts there is less accumulation plus I can taste more and it is less worst when I eat and drink.