+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    24 straight hours of an almost continual asthma attack, which also occurred most of the day prior. The vast majority of the last 48 hours has been battling asthma, and I believe it is my second worst experience breathing in my life. The worst was waking up one night and my lungs were crackling like a paper bag, and it was a really struggle even breathing. I have developed crackling sounds (not as bad) in the last few hours, possibly suggesting it is getting worse. When I went to bed I actually didn't have asthma and got 2-3 hours of sleep before it hit. Since that point, I have slept 5 more times for 30 minutes each. Too tired to do anything, but can't sleep with the wheeze.

I don't presently have an inhaler, am running a fever and probably won't go in myself, and no one is willing to do it for me. Its a pain in the ass though and if it continues to escalate, it could become fatal.

One thing that has improved over the last 12 hours is my coughing. It was crazy before and I was vomitting up all the time.

My eye also had this strange defect I've never seen before. It is like wearing those multicolored 3D glasses looking at something not made in 3D. It lasted several blinks. It was like the colour cones in my right eye split in two.

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    A lot more pain yesterday! Plus it looked awful when I looked after the shower! Monday morning unless then or before a miracle happens will be the last time putting the cream and I will have to go to the drugstore and get the backup cream then if this does not work back to the hospital !
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

I downed some cooking oil. In the past, cooking oil has made me vomit so I used to induce vomitting. Something was wrong and had to be done. I swallowed back most of the vomit stuff yesterday as I was caught by surprise in places I couldn't vomit and now wish I hadn't. It didn't work in making me vomit, but has lubcriated my air ways so it no longer crackles! I think I'll need to use that all day, as bad tasting as it is, in case it becomes paper bag like again. The asthma wheeze won't leave and the laboured breaths are not any better and now there is a rubbery squel sound, but at least there's not a crackle with each inhale/exhale.

EDIT: They're called bibasilar crackles or rales, and are indicative of fluid in your airways. Normally, they can't be heard except through a stephoscope. Even though I can hear it loud and clear, I'm not sure others can. The oil effect has waned after drinking water.

EDIT: I have almost no strength in my arms and legs.
    Last edited by dwayne2005@hellokitty.com; 10-07-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I really wish I knew how to outgrow girly things. Then again, i bet its bad for my health to wish such a thing....cuz i'm just not a tomboy. But i'm scared if i accept myself as a girly girl i'll go around hurting other people. And being a mean person.

But i'm making myself sick wanting to change to something i'm just not so much. its scary.

I even had this weird cold lately that made me almost have seizures a few times.

Is it EVER worth it to ruin your health over fear of hurting other people? It feels like this world isn't even worth living in when I feel all my life is about is making myself feel sick and thinking its the only way i'll be a 'good person'....*SIGH*
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD

It took hours for the pain to come back yesterday and it was awful and kept getting worst but it was less severe than the previous day. It was not that awful when I looked. It is the same with the tongue.

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I'm openning my eyes now; it really IS okay to be girly. In fact, being a mean girl phobic is more likely to make me hurt other people o_O; Just like how homophobes often hurt gays....Come to think of it, don't i like korrina right now? Yeah, I do. I could get served hard for that if I don't change my act (assuming karma exists, of course....even so :/). Its perfectly okay for me to like 'girly' things. It don't mean i'll end up a mean girl that goes around hurting other people, and thats really dumb i keep thinking it does mean that -_-; Really. I should just enjoy my life. And stop worrying so much if i'm 'good' or 'evil'. I'm MY OWN PERSON. I KNOW I don't want to 'hurt' others. And liking stuff like hello kitty and my little pony and pokemon a lot is probably more so innocent than anything else.
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD

It got so severe that if it wasn't as bad as my incident 15 years ago, it was nearly so and bound to get a loss worse. You could hear me exhaling across the house! I lost all energy in my arms and legs for a few hours yesterday so the idea of going in seemed impossible. I could barely walk. But it got better and when I realized things had esculated I promptly went into the doctors, who insisted I go to hospital over it. He put me up to a ventolin machine that gave me a non-strop stream of the drug for about 10 or 15 minutes, but it seemed to have little effect. But over time it did seem to get a bit better (it was sputtering, although he measured no change in my oxygen level) and then when it came to make the decision of whether I would go to hospital or come home it had mysteriously dropped several magnitudes so I went home.

I have a prescription for Asmol and Solone. Both are steroids. I have only a limited prescription of 3 days because he wants me to go into hospital over it. I was able to sleep 2 hours and then 7 hours after many puffs of the Asmol so it feels like things are much better. I'm not sure if they'll flare up again. My wheeze is still constant, though.

It might have gotten so severe yesterday I might have died hadn't I gone in. At the very best, every breath for 24 hours would have been a challenge and it would have been a very long day. When it appeared I could no longer move, I had a plan to arrange someone to get me a ventolin inhaler but it would have been woefully insufficient. I credit aspirin with helping me to overcome my inability to move, which may have been virus related (a cold or something that has brought this all about).
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 10-08-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santa123fawr@hellokitty.com View Post
    I'm openning my eyes now; it really IS okay to be girly. In fact, being a mean girl phobic is more likely to make me hurt other people o_O; Just like how homophobes often hurt gays....Come to think of it, don't i like korrina right now? Yeah, I do. I could get served hard for that if I don't change my act (assuming karma exists, of course....even so :/). Its perfectly okay for me to like 'girly' things. It don't mean i'll end up a mean girl that goes around hurting other people, and thats really dumb i keep thinking it does mean that -_-; Really. I should just enjoy my life.
    I can guarantee you the 'mean girl' type aren't liking of Hello Kitty and My Little Pony.

And stop worrying so much if i'm 'good' or 'evil'. I'm MY OWN PERSON. I KNOW I don't want to 'hurt' others.
    You need to worry if what you're doing is right, but to be afraid of liking girly stuff is just plan silly.

And liking stuff like hello kitty and my little pony and pokemon a lot is probably more so innocent than anything else.
    Not probably, it is.

It was worst yesterday ! The pain started almost immediately after getting up and almost did not stop !

I got the backup cream that I will start tonight. This one is only once a day and does not have a time limit but I was not given a lot, if it keeps getting worst I will go to the hospital soon. The pharmacist (who by the way was shocked that the pill and cream did not work - its the first time she has met a woman who it at least did not made things better) said that I should at least use it for a week. If it does not get better I will do that and then go to the hospital (or maybe a little more or less) and if it does get better but do not go away I might use it all before going back to the hospital.

For the tongue it is the same but I was able to go deeper with the new tongue cleaner .

It looks increasingly likely I will need to go into the hospital. It is not too severe now, but I can't wait for next week if it flares up again, that would be far more problematic than going in this week. The inhaler often doesn't seem to work and the tablets are not having a compelling effect. But to what extent I am in hospital, I am going to contemplate. If I can avoid an overnight stay, that would probably be ideal, but I'm open to a 1 day stay, that is all. That is my absolutely limit, and I am only even considering that as a possibility only. There are other possibilities, such as finding a chemist that has one of those machines to rent out. I don't think it will get rid of it, but each run may buy me 2 or 3 days of mild asthma. If it is a virus that is bringing this out, then I can wait it out.

But it does seem the inhalers are having less and less effect, even before the last few days. In the last few weeks I have noticed it. Which is a sign my asthma is worsening. I said only a few months back here that I don't want to be on machines so I would handle my asthma better, but it looks possible I am edging closer to that outcome.

I can barely walk or put on my clothes without puffing like I have run the 100m. I don't know what this is about, but it happened yesterday as well. It might be a side effect of the medication? I didn't get it when my asthma was at its worst, or I didn't notice with all else going on anyway. It is not the same as the incident 3 days ago when I could struggle to move as I didn't have the energy. I have the energy to move a lot more than I do but it is causing me to puff lots. I have to walk around like an old man with a walker.

Look, a few posts back I came in championing Amoxycillin. Now I need to reverse that. To explain way requires a vast amount of text to explain my reasons and justifications. What it boils down to is that it was one possible culprit as to why I now have life long severe dry eyes and probably Sjogren's syndrome. I didn't believe it was the culprit when I made my post, but I have been put on it again and had the same reaction. I thought it might have been an overdosage of the drug, but did not blame the drug used properly.

Maybe I can sum this up in fewer text than normal, let's see.

Points in favor of it being the drug:

1) I had several tiers of distinctive mouth dryness corresponding with my first 3 ever dosages of the drug 2 years ago when I had a jaw infection. The worse was total dehydration where I could barely swallow yoghurt and not without a great deal of strain. It was in conjunction with Paracetamol and Codeine pain relief tablets which at the time I thought were the culrpit.

2) These symtoms stopped as I continued using the drug, and I needed to keep using it as my jaw infection continually returned. My jaw infection continually returned because I booked a cheap route student dentist to deal with my molar, who is very busy and there were many renewals. The total span was about 8 months. I may have taken 5 or so repeats of the drug and 1 of another. If I got dryness, it wasn't severe enough to occur.

3) Towards the crowning stage of my tooth when the jaw infections seemed to have stopped and so too the antibiotics, I started to get eye problems. I didn't get them assessed for another half a year, and found out I have severe dry eyes despite being in my 30s, which is a lifelong affliction: there is no cure, and as for treatment, you treat the symptoms, you get the symptoms all the time, you can't premptively stop yourself from going through them. It's something you can't ignore.

4) I began to wonder if there was any connection between that dry mouth incident I had and my dry eyes, and the fact that I was now realizing my mouth dehydration while sleeping was not due to the season or flu or allergies or anything else. And there is a connection: Sjogren's syndrome, which causes both. I have not been diagnosed with it yet, but I hear it is a long process, especially if you're afflicted at this age as they usually test for secondary symptoms prevalent in the elderly, such as arthritis.

5) And was there a connection between the development of Sjogren's and either codeine or antibiotics? I chanced stumbled upon something not using a quote that would flesh it out, it was rather coincidental but I can't remember the specifics of the enquiry, from another person my age who believes he got Sjogren's from using antibiotics (unknown what kind). I followed up with a response but the medical professionals there don't seem to have an answer either for or against the suggestion.

6) My doctor seems to think I may have a chest infection, so he prescribed me another round of antibiotics: Amoxycillin. This round caused me the same kind of tingly, day long dehydration I last experienced when I first took the drug. This was damning enough to me. I don't know whether it is responsible, but the evidence is too much in its favor for me to use it if it can be avoided. Maybe it's all a coincidence, but it happened and I have to take my gut instinct on it considering proceeding forwards with the antibiotics could lead to making my dry eyes even worse than they currently are for the rest of my life.

Points against it:

1) The symptoms of dry mouth may not have any relevance to the dry mouth and eyes of Sjogren's, it could be purely coincidental.

2) It is conceivable I have had dry eyes building up for some time from laptop use or just general anything. I remember my eyes weeping sometimes when very young (rarely) for instance when a breeze would hit and people asking 'what's wrong'. If I had it before 2 years ago, it was very mild and something I never really noted down until afterwards. It might have also effected me in other ways that I may have dismissed as other causes, such as if my eyes got itchy I may have passed it off as conjunctivitus. So it is possible it isn't the drug, but I'm 75% in favor of it being the drug.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 10-09-2017 at 05:48 PM.