+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Question Why do you like cute things?

I felt like making this thread. I'm curious what people will post in it.

Cute things seem...happy. And positive. To me. They aren't usually shown trying to kill each other or being overall h*teful. And they're nice to look at. I keep thinking i'm a bad person for liking them. Even though my reasons for liking them don't seem 'bad' AT ALL o_O;

But, yeah, I want to know if other people here like them for similar reasons. It may help me get over some of my autism issues if I learn they do

That said, I felt a hello kitty forum is the perfect place to ask about this. Its a forum made for the sole purpose of 'cute'. I'm glad this also gave me a new thread idea for this place, too Cute things meaning a lot to me and my wanting to think its good to like them overall drives me to trying to bring this place back to life.
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    *mermaid looks to the front after putting down her Biology textbook*

Mermaid: HUH. A QUESTION WAS ASKED.

*reads OP*

Mermaid: WHY DO I LIKE CUTE THINGS?

*Mermaid puts on her Biology student thinking cap*

Answer

Realistically, Biology. We are animals with tight-knit groups and unusually long childhoods in terms of the animal kingdom. Many "cute" things (inasmuch as we take "cute" to mean something that ellicits protective feelings) share characteristics qith human children: big heads in relation to body, huge eyes, infatile attitudes, small noses… Hence we experience an instinctual attraction and craving for them.

HOWEVER, as for why we like some cute things more than others, that's a personal preference, and should that be under the purview of any science,
    the best fit would be psychology.

It's actually rather fascinating.
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)

If people like 'cute' things because of maternalistic instincts (eg. babies), then that is why they like 'cute' things. For me, it is probably just simply a cure for depression, something that picks your mood up, or something that relieves stress. Something gentle on the senses.

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com View Post
    If people like 'cute' things because of maternalistic instincts (eg. babies), then that is why they like 'cute' things. For me, it is probably just simply a cure for depression, something that picks your mood up, or something that relieves stress. Something gentle on the senses.
    It depends on the definition of 'cute', I supoose. Despite my science-y answer, the reason I think I like cute things is because I like looking at pretty things and cute things tend to be very pretty.
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Smile

I like the posts in this thread.

Especially reading that cute things can help with depression.

Reading stuff like that helps me understand why i would want to look at cute things more^^

If they can combat depression, they can make someone happier. Thats what it seems to me

Reminds me; a friend of mine said he's read about hello kitty helping people with depression today and possably saving lives overall.

I shouldn't think ANYTHING wrong with my liking cute/pretty things. Why would i WANT to look at sad, war themed things, when cute things seem so......nice?

My crush on korrina has helped me feel comfortable about liking things for being pretty/plesant a bit more over time, though. I don't know if all here will accept my liking her; but she means A LOT to me....

She really has helped my autism.

She's cute/pretty too^^ She wears a sweet little dress and is a cheerful character...
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD