+ Reply to Thread

Inuyasha: Inappropriate Touching - Abridged Movie

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with abridging, but basically, anyone with video editing software and a little bit of time can make significant modifications to existing anime, inserting their own dialogue and sound effects while adapting lip movements to generally sync up with the new lines to give the impression that the new story always belonged in the first place.

I've launched one such project with the goal of breaking down the first Inuyasha movie, Familiar Touching Across Time, into a multi-episode parody of the original...while also poking a bit of fun at and exaggerating recent events in my own life. The first episode with an 11 minute runtime is posted on YouTube. It took about 6 weeks to put together in my spare time between work, cooking, and cleaning up after my kids. There's no profanity and the humor is generally not heavily focused on being lewd which is something that always bugged me about other abridging work. I'm hovering around PG-13 so I hope its still worth a few laughs without having to dive all the way into the gutter.

See the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwS0YQVKejs

Episode 2 is currently in-progress at around like 1/5th completed. I'll probably have it done in a month or two and posted to my channel as long as Viz Media doesn't shut me down with a copyright claim (technically they can't because parodies are protected by fair use laws, but I'm already working with disputing a claim through YouTube over episode 1 which is something I've never done so who knows). There's lots of voice acting, editing, and adding of sound effects to work on and I'm just one total novice at this so progress isn't fast by any means.

For anyone interested, the episode I previously made has survived a copyright dispute. I expect it'll stay up for good.

Meanwhile, the second episode is in-production. I've got about 9 minutes of it done, but it will probably run a bit longer than the first episode as things have dragged out quite a bit. I had intended to use the previous week, this week, and the next one to finish it since things were supposed to be quiet, but that has been anything but the case. Between recovering from a drive up to Canada from here in the US, visiting relatives, and now catching a cold (which really messes up voicing lines because I've been so sneezy and congested), things are crawling along far too slowly.

Episode 2 Progress

For anyone interested, the episode I previously made has survived a copyright dispute. I expect it'll stay up for good.

Meanwhile, the second episode is in-production. I've got about 9 minutes of it done, but it will probably run a bit longer than the first episode as things have dragged out quite a bit. I had intended to use the previous week, this week, and the next one to finish it since things were supposed to be quiet, but that has been anything but the case. Between recovering from a drive up to Canada from here in the US, visiting relatives, and now catching a cold (which really messes up voicing lines because I've been so sneezy and congested), things are crawling along far too slowly.