+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Feedback

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Exclamation Game Feedback

Whether you love the game or hate it, feel free to open up and tell us why here! This is a good opportunity to get your opinions heard whether you're impressed with the storyline, upset about storage space or just about anything you can think of.

Please remember to be honest but not to point fingers or name names here as best as you can, I'd like this thread to be taken seriously and possibly starting arguments will not help.

I'll do my best to update this post with a summary of positives and negatives that you have brought up.

NOTE: If you want your suggestions and/or feedback to be heard loud and clear, send your thoughts to help@hellokittyonline.com

Positive:
    • Adorable and unique game featuring some of the most popular Sanrio characters
    • Friendly game moderators that both assist and chat
    • Allows players to participate in charity events
    • Good environment to meet new friends
    • Connected with SanrioTown, giving players access to the website's features
    • The game is free to play
    • The International, US & Canada version offers two servers and an extra 2 worlds on one server
    • A separate Thailand-specific version is available
    • Pleasant bright graphics
    • Cute NPCs with encyclopedia entries
    • Includes a pet system that allows you to interact with acquired pets which are mostly in-game monsters
    • AFK icon notifying other players you're not paying attention to the game
    • This game has major potential
    • Has an in-game clock with both local and server time

Negative:
    • Does not offer new content regularly to keep existing players interested
    • Needs more end-game content to keep the finished players busy while waiting for updates
    • Needs some sort of storage and/or inventory extension
    • Item Mall doesn't have an in-game preview
    • Old bugs should be addressed first before the newer ones (unless a newer one is severe)
    • Doesn't update players about the status of bugs
    • In-game chat filter needs a lot of work making it unfit for younger players.. many terrible words are not censored while innocent ones are as well as innocent word combinations being filtered
    • In-game rules (aside from chat) needs to be written
    • New York is viewed as tedious, repetitive without challenges, exp gain and much of a story progression which makes adults and children alike lose interest quickly
    • Some players are causing conflict and arguments in-game
    • Level 4 Farm Certificates are only available in the Item Mall hindering a lot of players despite the ability to earn loyalty points
    • Cannot speed up your walking which seems very slow for some players
    • Bugs are only fixed with the next major update/event; would prefer a weekly maintenance & regular bug-fix patches. Read More
    • New features that captivated players have been disabled due to bugs and have yet to be reimplemented
    • Too much of a grind with collection quests.
    • The game is 2D, and some players would find it more interesting to have the game rendered in 3D
    • Extremely low population as if the game is dying, the game needs more effective marketing/advertising.
    • Lack of GM events compared to how it used to be, and no GA events at all.
    • Game Assistants aren't active, probably because they aren't assigned tasks
    • Some advertised features are not yet present in the game
    • Item Mall doesn't introduce new items regularly
    • There aren't enough exciting Loyalty Point purchasable items which makes players not see the need for more points
    • Pet system makes it possible to lose your pet depending on its interactivity with other players' pets
    • Pets can be starved with no penalty
    • Poor communication in many areas concerning the game's status
    • Cannot remove faces & tattoos to go back to original skin

If you'd prefer to remain semi-anonymous, feel free to send me a PM or email so I can edit it in. That way you won't have to post. Thanks!
    Last edited by lyssariia@hellokitty.com; 05-04-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Added more players' opinions

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Senior Member azog@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyssariia@hellokitty.com View Post

Negative:
    • Old bugs should be addressed first before the newer ones (unless a newer one is severe)
    If I had one singular complaint, it would be this, and it's a long outstanding complaint, not just from me, but from others. There are players who are unwilling to express criticism on this point, but I feel no need to wear kid-gloves. And yes, this is a sermon, so if you feel like applying TL;DR to it, I wouldn't be offended.

I would rather see bugs addressed in a timely manner, rather than waiting for the next major update/event. I would even be happy if they did a weekly maintenance cycle, like *ahem* that other game does, and push out bugfix patches on a regular basis. The most recent example being, it took over a month to fix the bushes in the Harbor: from the start of New York, until the end of the Valentines event, bushes did not drop "short sticks", and while this particular bug was not show-stopping, there HAVE been show-stopping bugs in the past.

As it is, the moles still appear, even tho they've explicitly claimed to have been disabled, and I think we're all familiar with the incorrect labels on farm plants. Will it take to the next major event before those are addressed? How do the accumulate bugfixes before deciding on a release if there is no major event forth-coming.

Some of the very things which were causing players to continue to play have been disabled (special seeds, the arcade games), because of bugs, but they have not be re-implemented. I know I am not the only one who was having a blast with both special seeds as well as the arcade games.

I tend to like to balance criticism with positive, so I _am_ glad to see that they're slowly developing, such as adding the labels to farm plants (which is something I'm pretty sure we've requested since early days). I do see a huge potential with this game, as I've stated over and over again, and would wish for the management to realize this same potential.

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I read every word, thanks azog! You brought up some really important points, I'll get to adding them in right now.

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

I feel like the game is a constant grind of collection quests. I need more fun quests.

So after much nudging to write here, I am going to write down some complaints.

1. Where are all the players? I started back in November 2010 and throughout my journey I’ve probably came across only 1-2 other player per day during my questing. This happened in Floropolis, London, Paris, and Beijing. Finally I caught on later that there aren’t as many players in HKO anymore. It’s natural for games to die out, but this game is associated with an international character (Hello Kitty). Where’s the advertisement? I go to a Sanrio store about every other week. How come the games are not on the shelves? What about Facebook advertisement? Farmville somehow go popular why not HKO?
    2. New York = Terrible. Now if this was rated E for Everyone, why would they think a child would like the “cheer” a penguin over a 1000 times over? This is TEDIOUS for adults who have the patience. Imagine a child doing this. They would rather jump on their Wii and play Mario. And to keep interest for the adults (which so far I’ve noticed dominate HKO), where is the storyline?! Yay for cheering, but really I lost interest during the first two quests.
    3. The other players are right. Why isn’t the older glitches addressed? I was in a guild where certain members would always get kicked off. I’m sure at first it hurt their feelings thinking WE kicked them out. But after a while the popular phrase was “it’s the bug again.” We need a steadier update than these miscellaneous ones. The poor GM’s ears are going to fall off from our repeated notifications.
    4. The Censor. I understand this was directed for kids. But yet the censor makes it unbearable to type anything in the chats. “Gay” is censored but “Gays” isn’t. Grass Skirts is censored by Gr*****kirts. “Poo” is censored but “Pooo” is not. I think there should be a reevaluation regarding this censor.

I have more. But these are the ones that bug me the most.

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    1. They may be busy with real life.
    2. New York was added in at the last minute. Still buggy now.
    3. I know of the guild bug as it started back in Sept 2010, not fixed to date.
    4. The censor/filter has been discussed numerous times.
    Last edited by kittynator@hellokitty.com; 04-16-2011 at 08:56 AM.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

LoL thanks Nator for the comment. But really I wasn't looking for an answer from anybody.

1. I was mostly looking at the aspect of how there is virtually no advertisement. I know people are busy with their lives. Heck I might leave soon because I'm busy with mine! But come on this is Hello Kitty. How can any fan know about this place unless they "accidentally" come across it at a game store or like me because I remembered I had a Hello Kitty e-mail account (Seriously even at that I might not have even noticed it). Like I said it's not even in any of their Sanrio stores over here in Hawaii. And to me Facebook is a great way to advertise. They advertise based on the demographics. If you're in an I LOVE HELLO KITTY GROUP = Slip in ads on the side. Heck when I changed my relationship status from "In a relationship" to "Engaged" I received tons of ads from wedding places! :P

2. - 4. Really no comment. Haha Those are just straight forward complaints.

I wanted to say I am extremely disappointed in the whole system. HKO used to be a place that was fun and happy. Now it is nothing but arguements and a chore. My guild was one of the top guilds only a year ago and now almost every member has quit. Why? Because when we had GA's running mini events it gave members something to do when they finished questing, developers kept telling us things and then going against them, example Tokyo was supposed to be out last semmer, there is nothing new EVER in the cash shop, which really upsets me cause I bought 20 dollars worth of cards in advanced. Your more dedicated members poured our times, hearts, and even money into this game so you could turn around and slap us in the face. So lets see you took away our mini events, gave us limited new content, took away the gms that actually cared, and stuck us with a GM who is rude and ridicules members in map chat to the point they cry and will not sign on during that gms shift, got rid of caring GA's and replaced them with absent GS's who never do their job, and most of all stopped caring about your players. It breaks my heart because this was honestly the best game I ever played only 12 short months ago. I am almost starting to believe that you want your members to quit and the game to fail. I really appreciate what you did give me in the time that you were actually trying and hope for future players sake that you consider your players and actually put some effort in.

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Here's one: which email do we send problems to? I've got onlinegame@hellokitty.com in my address book but I've seen other emails listed as well.
    HKO in game name:

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    help@hellokittyonline.com is the latest one
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.