+ Reply to Thread

Functional Speed Items Are Unclear > Suggestion on Improvement!

Who here thinks it's confusing to know how to speed up the process of gathering materials such as mining, woodchopping and etc...?

I'm a 24 year old guy and I've worked with alot of tools in a workshop during my university course and got with the times of using better tools to speed up development and building processes in some form of production or gathering.

I'm not perfect in knowing how to use tools so sometimes a technican is there to help me use the tools. I had to learn this however the girl (not in a bad way) have problems handling machines and tools (because they all wild or sometimes want to stay safe before operating heavy machinary) so sometimes I get asked to turn on the on switch and be a shield if things get out of control.

I'm asking this because I thought it's really unclear knowing that a player can speed up gathering processes. I didn't know about that. I found out the HARD WAY. I played alot of MMOs to know that their always a speeding up process in something and it costs. I took the time to explore the shops and found it as an option.

I think for this game, I think it's different because the speed enchantments are more like tools and I think it's unaccessible and unclear to what this MMO's target auidence and I think that a flaw because it's a totally different target auidence compared to other MMOs.

Other MMOs is no problem because they're all targeting guys and they expect tools to be in the shop but I don't think teenage girls shop for functional tools.

Of course, being resourceful, players can plan there time farming for resources since why their x3 mining speed for 25 Sanrio Cash

I think if players would need a 'little manual' or some sort of instructions with tips before or as they're buying these to help them understand and use these items effectively. I think that would also help.

Summary

Suggestion round up on Functional tools

1. Functional tools should be more accessible and 'advertised' alot more better (I hate to use the word 'advertised' but it's true.
    2. A 'manual or instruction page' to effective use these tools
    3. A tweak on how long to use these items to be adjusted. < Maybe

Note: I don't work for Sanrio, I'm just a freelancing craftsman.
    Last edited by londonboy@hellokitty.com; 12-19-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: title edit

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by londonboy@hellokitty.com View Post
    I think if players would need a 'little manual' or some sort of instructions with tips before or as they're buying these to help them understand and use these items effectively.
    Unless I am mistaken, tools (scissors, axes and picks) are explained in one of the tutorial rooms. There will be a system message letting you know if your tools are the right level to gather the resource (although I have found that some of them are wrong). While some tools will be for sale at the various merchants, the main tools in Florapolis, London and Paris are created (or given to you) via the storyline.

Having said that, tools do not speed your resource collection. The only way to speed that is by using a timed boost (currently available in the item mall). Their only function is of tools is that they set what level items they can gather.
    HKO in game name:

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about... I'm talking about the speeditems and just the speed items.

Sorry the title wasn't clear to begin with and it will be changed.
    Last edited by londonboy@hellokitty.com; 12-19-2011 at 08:58 AM.