+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    This is such a great idea! I feel the same way, it really saddens me to think that the game is not like it used to be. Hopefully your idea will work, and many more people will see this threat and join the cause, and your guild! If we all help and participate, by joining your guild or by expressing our concerns to the developers, the better chances we will have of saving this awesome game we all love!
    Let me know how I can help!

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I'll be tossing one of my alternate characters on US: the one I made specifically for checking the Wiki. And I can toss my main account on International. I'll try to catch someone online for both, but I won't be online much until next week.

OK, so we're in the gathering phase. Here's a random list of things people can do to make the guild more visible.
    • Is the owner of the OHKO email blogging? I still don't have access to any of my blogs (yes, it's been over a year and no, they still can't find anything wrong) but I would be happy to ghost write it if need be. Or we could have several people submitting entries for the main account to put up (listing the person who wrote the entry along with it).
    • Here on the forums, maybe a small graphics banner for people to post in their signatures. Not just for members of the guild, something that anyone who wants to can add to theirs. I would be happy to make several for people to chose from. In the game, people could list the address to this thread (or some other link) or simply "occupy HKO" in their farm message. Some people might see it as they are heading to their farms.
    • I know you meant using the guild name as the "uniform", but what about buying an actual t-shirt from the IM for all of us to wear? I had bought everything I really wanted before getting the free points, except for the occasional train ticket, and I know there are other long time players who might have points they won't use. So some of us might have extra points available to buy one for people who don't have the points (like newer players).
    • As for email, quite a few people over the years have tried to get their attention that way. Maybe if people individually emailed but put something in the title of the email referring directly to the guild name?
    • Most of all: play the game! I know many people who are creating alts. are doing so just to join the guild. But why not play through the game again with them? Yes, having played before will spoil the surprise of the plot (and you'll know tips like gather sage and copper before leaving London) but isn't this about reclaiming the fun the game once had? Even if the developers have bailed on the game, it doesn't mean that the fun of quests (most... Tailor Made) still isn't there. It would also hopefully help for other players to see members in more than just the harbor.
    HKO in game name:

let me know how ic an help. thisgame is cool and i hate to see it goes bye bye. im usually on both side of hte game look me up it is un

Hm... I wonder if GM's would know of a way to get in contact with some 'upper' people... :/ I mean, they got that position from someone, right?

Senior Member azog@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Why not make a Facebook group? Many of us players have Facebook accts.

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azog@hellokitty.com View Post
    Why not make a Facebook group? Many of us players have Facebook accts.
    But who is gonna run it?
    Last edited by kittynator@hellokitty.com; 01-02-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Senior Member billieblujean@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    While I wouldn't be comfortable running a fb group (since I'm not a member of the Occupy HKO guild), I would certainly be willing to participate and/or moderate it. Heaven knows I'm on there often enough...
    ~*~*Well, maybe I'm like my father - strung out on something or another;
    held to a standard I was always sinking under. And maybe I'm like my mother, she shattered 'cause no one loved her. But maybe, maybe I am like no other.*~*~

Facebook page ready!

Alright guys, now you can "Like us", here is our Facebook page, it's up and running look it up under Occupy HKO, or just click this link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy...83463888419299
    The link to our Facebook user is http://www.facebook.com/OHKOadmin
    Also the link for the blog is http://blog.hellokitty.com/occupyhko/

We like the idea of the uniform, re-playing the game all over again, signatures, blog, petitions, etc. We loved the idea of a Facebook group, but someone went ahead and created a group using our name. Please, we ask that no one goes behind our backs creating things in our name without our consent. Is just a group and we know it was made with the best intentions, but if something goes wrong under our name, we could loose credibility, it will be a damaging hit to our image and worse, to our goal. We will be cool about the group this time, we welcome your ideas and suggestions but please, wait until we decide when is the right moment to make our move. If we make a mistake it will be ours, no one else should be taking the heat if something goes wrong. That is one of the reasons alternate accounts were used for this. We take some time before we do something to avoid making any type of mistake.

The main reason we are being anonymous is to avoid any type of prejudice, hate, competitive and melodramatic behaviors that would jeopardize our goal. If any of these are present it will divide us and we will fail. We have to act together in harmony. There is no reward for accomplishing what we are trying to do, just the chance of having fun and a share good times with our friends like before.

Thanks for all your ideas and support, we mean it, we are going to try to reach the devs in every possible way. As soon as we have any type of answer we will post it everywhere. We are going to persevere! We'll use the blog and Facebook to stay well communicated too. We are starting to look more organized

Now that a Facebook page is open please go to it, "like us" and express your feelings and thoughts about the game, on how you miss it and how you want it to be alive again. We'll reach more people there

Thanks again to everyone, we will be updating our Facebook page and blog soon.

Senior Member billieblujean@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    It's been liked! I will try to encourage some of my guild members to Like as well.
    ~*~*Well, maybe I'm like my father - strung out on something or another;
    held to a standard I was always sinking under. And maybe I'm like my mother, she shattered 'cause no one loved her. But maybe, maybe I am like no other.*~*~

Quote Originally Posted by billieblujean@hellokitty.com View Post
    It's been liked! I will try to encourage some of my guild members to Like as well.
    Thanks for your support Billie