+ Reply to Thread

Thread: American Idol

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Lightbulb American Idol

Didn't know whether to post this in music or TV, so I went with TV.

What do you think of this season so far?? It's not too bad, I say. My faves as of now are James Durbin and Pia Toscano and maybe Thia Megia. I think there's another guy I liked... hm, can't remember. James has really great vocals!! I <3 that edgy falsetto thing he's got going, kinda like Adam Lambert, who was a fav of mine from season 8. (I think season 8 was one of the best; it had looooads of talent.) Pia has a really strong voice, and she hits all her notes pretty perfectly. Thia is very young, but she has a great quality to her voice. It's a really smooth tone she has, which makes her sound a lot older than her age of 15.

Btw, I thought that guy, Paul, who did the weird 'dancing' across the stage was mimicing Chris Martin of Coldplay. It's the same style of stage presence! If you've ever seen or watched a video of Coldplay live, then you know what I mean... A little drunk or high maybe?? :-?
    The best things in life are free... Except for chocolate!

I like the fifteen year old girl...I totally blanked on her name...Lauren? I think that her voice is amazing!!

The fifteen year old is Thia Megia. I listed her above as one of my faves this season.

So last night, I watched AI for the first time since posting this thread, lol. There are definitely two or three good ones, and most certainly some that need to go home. Here's my thoughts on last night's performances.

Jacob Lusk: An ok singer, but it sounds more karaoke than AI worthy. Probably going home soon.
    Haley Reinhart: Another ok singer, but that big mouth (literally) kinda freaks me out, and I don't think she has a good enough voice to win. May be going home soon.
    Casey Abrams: They used the 'save' on this guy?! He's not the best singer... >.> I'm just not much of a fan... Probably going home soon.
    Lauren Alaina: Not too bad! Her performance was actually quite nice, very smooth. I'm not sure she'll win, but she did well last night.
    James Durbin: Still my favorite I think. Did a really nice job, and it showed off his mellower side. His voice and style is just so similar to Lambert, I'm not sure people want that. But I still like it. Will he be the winner?
    Scotty McCreery: This country boy actually was entertaining last night with his Elvis song! And I don't like Elvis much! The country thing just doesn't appeal to me so much, so I probably wouldn't vote for him though. Oh well, sorry Scotty.
    Pia Toscano: Did a very good job with her uptempo song, hitting the high notes, etc. She needs to loosen up a little though... She seemed to be a bit stiff and nervous. (I would be too though.) Another very talented voice, possible she could come out on top??
    Stefano Langone: I'm sorry, but he just bores me... I've never really been very 'entertained' by his songs, and isn't this supposed to be an entertainment competition? may be going home soon.
    Last, but certainly not least is Paul McDonald: He's entertaining and a little bit crazy. But I like crazy!! He's def not going to win, but he has this quality to his voice that reminds me of a band called... Thriving Ivory. It just hit me last night; that's who he sounds like (you may know their song "Angels On The Moon"). Like I said, he won't win, but I'd be almost sad to see him go home now.

That's my recap. See you next week!!

Pia Toscano went home. ....Pia Toscano went home?! America, something is wrong with your ears and your voting abilities!

Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Paul , has a really nice voice ! he's cute !

He's out now. I didn't figure he'd win though. Now it's down to:
    James Durbin, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart, and Scotty McCreery.

Lauren and Scotty are country (with Scotty having the better voice), and I know lots of people where I am are voting for them (not that I would). Haley has a powerful voice, but I just don't like her style of music, that kinda soul/country/rock, ya know? And James is still a bit similar to Lambert, but not as good. I'm still rooting for him, though. I still wish Pia was in. She had the best voice of the season, but voters don't care about the voices... It's just a popularity contest now. 9_9

Who do you think will win?

Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    He's out tho I don't wanna watch AI when they kick paul !