+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Girls are confusing! D:

Okay, this isn't exactly a 'love' topic, but I don't know where it fits. I think she was trying to impress me, so I posted here...

So I'm at the mall, and I just met a classmate. She talks to me a lot, and I usually think she's nice. But today... she was wearing a lot of makeup. I mean, a lot! Let's call her Jess...

So Jess walked up to me with her 3 friends at the food court and asks, "How do I look today? Isn't my makeup pretty?"

I said, "You seem to be wearing a lot, it looks okay."

She said, "Look. Do you think it's pretty?"

And I said, "I kinda think you look nicer with less makeup on."

She burst into tears and ran away, while her friends started yelling at me about how I answered wrong. What? I answered wrong? Why would you ask me a question and not want an honest answer? T_T

I'm so confused. I feel bad, but why'd she ask? Argh... Should I apologize on Monday?(at school?)

Well... I dunno. I wonder if it was a ploy to begin with, you know? o.O

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I'm a girl and I think that honesty is the best thing that a boy can give a girl. But there are times that some girls just don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear what they want to hear.

If she talks to you a lot, she probably wants you to be her friend. In a friendship with a girl, you should tell her what you really think about her or else she will think that you like the way she looks and just keep wearing a lot of makeup and eventually she'll find out that you didn't like it and she'll say "You lied!!".

She asked you for your opinion. You told her the truth. If her friends told you that you answered wrong, maybe it's because they were the ones that thought she would look better with makeup. You should be the one to convince her that she looks pretty no matter what.

If you truly think that she felt bad about it, you should apologize, it would be better if you talk to her while her friends aren't around.

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

wolfkyn@hellokitty.com - All I really know is that her friends don't like me.

Pink Rose 98 - Thanks, I'm gonna see if I can talk to her for a minute tomorrow before class.

'Never Judge A Book By It's Cover'

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by londonluv86@hellokitty.com View Post
    I'm a girl and I think that honesty is the best thing that a boy can give a girl. But there are times that some girls just don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear what they want to hear.

If she talks to you a lot, she probably wants you to be her friend. In a friendship with a girl, you should tell her what you really think about her or else she will think that you like the way she looks and just keep wearing a lot of makeup and eventually she'll find out that you didn't like it and she'll say "You lied!!".

She asked you for your opinion. You told her the truth. If her friends told you that you answered wrong, maybe it's because they were the ones that thought she would look better with makeup. You should be the one to convince her that she looks pretty no matter what.

If you truly think that she felt bad about it, you should apologize, it would be better if you talk to her while her friends aren't around.
    Yes.If she told you how doses she look we want to hear "perfect".Honesty is the best thing but sometimes,we girls want to hear wat we want-not the truth.So,yes...WE R CONFUSING!!!!
    I'm inactive. Thanks for everything.

XD oh girls... lol (sorry to say I am one) Honesty is the best policy... but that doesn't mean we always like it! haha.

She probably has a crush on you. Since you haven't noticed (or taken action on your part) by now, her or her friends probably came up with the plan to ''dress to impress''. When you said that, she probably took it as a ''sorry I don't find you attractive'' rather than ''you look pretty, you don't need make up'' or a neutral comment. She's just being a normal girl. We tend to read into things more and even when we claim to want honesty, it's a lie :P We like being told we look good, even when we know we don't. We don't want you to let us wear something that looks bad either, but if it doesn't look awful there's no harm in saying it looks nice n.n

I would apologize, tell her you were having a really bad day or something and you weren't thinking straight. I don't wear make up, and one time I did... my student looked shocked ''what happened to you!?'' of course he didn't mean i looked bad but he came out that way. He said it because he was not used to seeing me with any make up on. Tell her you just weren't used to it and weren't sure of what to say.

If she likes you she'll get over it. Ignore her friends, they are being typical girls just defending their friend. You don't owe THEM an apology or anything. If she's fine with it, they'll back off.

we can be confusing at time

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh we're girls!!!!!!

Shrek is love, Shrek is life mo_mo_lover@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    It depends on the type.
    If the girl likes you she might want"Smokin' Hot!"
    If she's OK she'll take "Nice".

I don't think we're confuseing.We have our reasons.

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder@hellokitty.com View Post
    So I'm at the mall, and I just met a classmate. She talks to me a lot, and I usually think she's nice. But today... she was wearing a lot of makeup. I mean, a lot! Let's call her Jess...

So Jess walked up to me with her 3 friends at the food court and asks, "How do I look today? Isn't my makeup pretty?"

I said, "You seem to be wearing a lot, it looks okay."

She said, "Look. Do you think it's pretty?"

And I said, "I kinda think you look nicer with less makeup on."

She burst into tears and ran away, while her friends started yelling at me about how I answered wrong. What? I answered wrong? Why would you ask me a question and not want an honest answer? T_T

I'm so confused. I feel bad, but why'd she ask? Argh... Should I apologize on Monday?(at school?)

I don't think you should apologise, but you should say: "Sorry about being so blunt the other day, you're kind of pretty, I did not mean you were ugly! I just believe you look better without make-up". Never apologise for your opinion, it's their fault if you asked for it, plus honesty is a plus!

She went upset because girls usually wear make to look better, and when you told her she looked better without it you literally told her she looked ugly... in stuff that was supposed to make her look better. It's kind of insulting, because we put effort into our clothes and make-up, it's like "all that effort for nothing! he doesn't like me!".

See? Simple! We're not confusing. Now it seems kind of obvious, doesn't it?

Hope this helped
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)