+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Japan

Japan

I was just wondering if HKO was going to be doing an event/ drive in light of the Japan earthquake. My resources are few, but I would like to help. Also if anyone has any ideas outside of HKO I am interested in hearing them.

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I hope they will put together an event.

When in doubt, there's always the International Red Cross. I'm not sure if you are in the US, but here's the American Red Cross information on how they are helping.

Save the Children, one of the charities that HKO gives to frequently, is also responding.

The minimum donation on both of those is $10. However, there's always volunteer work. With the Red Cross that will usually be working in your local area, but that will still help them to have funds free to work on an international level.

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    One of the games I'm playing is offering premium items which will have all proceeds go towards earthquake relief. If an event would be too much to ask, maybe some sort of premium donation item like the Breast Cancer Research wand & t-shirt would be nice.

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Thanks both of you for the responses. I have looked up the red cross. I would like to know which game your talking about. I also found http://superherotime.chipin.com/super-hero-time in my search.

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I asked about a charity event in HKO last night. GM-Zel said not sure. GM-Galatea said that they're following up on it since other players been asking about one. So we'll see what happens.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

I hope they make one. Definitely will participate!

Senior Member azog@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I donated via the Red Cross texting system. But I would certainly participate in any in-game events, or buy any cash shop items that were to support relief efforts. Just another voice.

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyssariia@hellokitty.com View Post
    If an event would be too much to ask, maybe some sort of premium donation item like the Breast Cancer Research wand & t-shirt would be nice.
    Offer a kimono or two in the cash shop, or better yet put together a package that sells the hair, clothes and shoes as a bundle. I'm sure there would be a lot of people who would like to buy a bundle like that.

I would like that, but I would even be happy farming a resource as an event.

Senior Member azog@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Isn't this about the time of year that the previous "Food For Friends" ran? I'd be up for a "Food For Friends 3"! And yes, I like the guild competitions.