Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    The SanrioTown Guy chaosvirus@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Cool Welcome to the new forums!

Hello everyone and welcome to the new and improved SanrioTown forums powered by vBulletin!

As you can see we're like back to square one since the new system used here is not compatible with the old forums. Only some posts have already been "migrated" manually thanks to the efforts of our fellow SanrioTown users and the friendly Hello Kitty Online Game Moderators.

We still need more help in figuring out which threads from the old forums should be moved here. Please refer to this post for more details. Also, if you want to visit the old forums you do so by clicking HERE.

Spread the word to your friends and let's make this new forum active! Thank you very much!

Hello Kitty's BFF <3 bloopism@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I can't seem to get a photo in my signature, or an avatar...help?

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Currently those are disabled for regular users ^^ hopefully they'll be implemented in the future!

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Most of the ones I've started I just want deleted so I can start over.

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    You want to delete your thread? If you're the original poster, you can delete the first post, which will delete the thread.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Senior Member rikki21@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kittynator@hellokitty.com View Post
    You want to delete your thread? If you're the original poster, you can delete the first post, which will delete the thread.
    Actually, I can't delete my first posts, even if there are no other posts in the thread I still can't delete it. I can delete other posts of mine just fine, but not first posts.

& the content of the old ones?

Sanriotown Forum Statistics Sanriotown Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Active Members

Welcome to our newest member, teim_iss_mannih@hellokitty.com

Since Burda is on board nothing good happens: Newest member? B*******!!! WHERE ARE MY OLD POSTS???
    Last edited by chaosvirus@hellokitty.com; 03-28-2011 at 03:55 AM. Reason: contains profanity

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    As stated in the first post about the forum move, unless the threads were specifically told to be kept, all of the old post/threads would be deleted. And that includes our post count being reset.

Profanity makes me cranky

The SanrioTown Guy chaosvirus@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teim_iss_mannih@hellokitty.com View Post
    Sanriotown Forum Statistics Sanriotown Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Active Members

Welcome to our newest member, teim_iss_mannih@hellokitty.com

Since Burda is on board nothing good happens: Newest member? B*******!!! WHERE ARE MY OLD POSTS???
    Sorry, but the old posts and threads are now gone and have been deleted already. Please be careful about your language and what you type, this is a kid-friendly community, thank you.

Member eveaustria@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Post About Burda

Huh, what's the talk about Burda? That's totally in the past - one year ago already.

Burda:IC has done the support and hosting for HKO-Europe in 2009. They also have led their own very active HKO-EU-Forums parallel to the Sanriotown-Forums. But in spring 2010 Burda:IC was "dumped" by Sanrio Digital for financially reasons. HKO is just not profitable enough to sustain many different support-companies like it had back then. Also the 3 EU-servers had to be transferred to Sanrio Digital and are now called "International server".

The old European Burda-Forums had to be closed at that time already (March to April 2010). No threads, tutorials nor anything else from these old Burda-Forums have ever been transferred to the Sanrio-Town-Forums. The Forums were closed very suddenly without a warning. We had to get used to the Sanrio Town EU Forums during the server-down too which took a few weeks.

When Sanrio Digital changed their Sanrio-Town-Forums to vBulletin-forums they also gave up the Sanrio Town European Forums without any threads being transferred to this new one. Nobody ever replied to my question if the EU-Forums would even be renewed as well (or only the US-Forums would be), and if it was possible to get threads transferred from the old EU-Forums to the new ones. Sanrio Digital just kept quiet and left us all dumbfounded until the time for applications ran out and the EU-Forums were gone forever.

As you can see new EU-Forums have never been put up. There have been German, UK-English, French, Spanish, Turkish, Italian Forums before, but they're all gone now without a trace.

After Burda:IC left we didn't get new support in German nor in French, even though it had been promised to us before the change in spring 2010. Since then all the EU-communities can only ask GMs and write support-tickets in English now, not in our own languages anymore - which is a really high hurdle for younger players as you can imagine!

Even worse: since Burda:IC left new text-content of the game HKO is now always in English only. Some players offered their help to translate for free - even those who had made the tranlations before for Burda:IC volunteered anew. But Sanrio Digital didn't allow them to continue translating HKO.

Did you ever wonder why the EU-HKO-community shrank dramatically after spring 2010? Well, now you know. So please don't badmouth Burda:IC, since they did a lot for their communities back then.
    Last edited by eveaustria@hellokitty.com; 03-28-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    Auf meinem Blog http://blog.sanriotown.com/eveaustria:hellokitty.com/ findet ihr Tips für HKO-Spieler. Darunter Fundorte aller Rohstoffe (mit Stufe/Level), Standorte aller NPCs & Monster (mit Level), Pet-Werte (auch Bosse), und eine deutschsprachige Anleitung fürs Bloggen auf Sanrio-Town