+ Reply to Thread

Is there any items I might MISS if I exit Dream Carnival too fast?

I'm used to playing adult hardcore MMOs, (I am almost 40) and I craft a lot and also play Farmville as well.

I would like to know if I want to move on past Dream Carnival and into the full game once my super fast DSL is finished patching, what would I miss permenantly?

I don't want to leave if there are items there I can't get in the normal section of the game, but I REALLY don't want to dilly dally there like young kids would, I'm fine with leaving ASAP and never coming back as long as I don't miss items or quests that would level me etc? ARE there levels like in MMOs here? I looked at the skill crafting list already, and eager to plant, grow crops, and sleep monsters etc. How about the stamp card collection the 1 boa told me about, etc?

It's more like obsessive compulsive, missing something that I rushed by and now can never go back, but would just like to start the normal game etc, and HOW to exit Dream Carnival, etc?

-----------

Ok, so since I am still waiting for an answer, I am doing the quests awhile to fill the stamp book. What score do I need to open the Pinata Event? I have 72 so far. Will get I get a reward if I finish building the house? I love Farmville, and just farmed my crops over and over and have 100 withered leaves, and several twizzlyleaves.

And most importantly, what CAN I take with me? I accidentally stepped on to the pier that leads off of Dream Carnival and it says only "special inventory tickets" can be carried over? So I lose all my recipes? I know I lose my items and money, this is why I wish someone answered earlier and I would not have done anything at all here. It feels like a waste of time for an adult, who is eager to start at level 1 and able to finally start raising his skill levels.
    Last edited by dragonsi@hellokitty.com; 02-29-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Senior Member azog@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    There are a variety of items you might want to keep. But also, there is one collection that is only available in the Dream Carnival. For those of us who love to compete collections, it's the only way to get the entire "Pure Dream" collection. There is no reward for doing such, other than the normal type of "feel good" reward you get for doing any other type of collection on other games.

But as for the actual items, if you complete all the quests, once you go to the Harbor, you'll get a Dark Starbeam (boss pet, very nice indeed), some good food to help you early on, one piece of furniture for your future house, and one timed clothing item.

Check out the wiki, starting at http://wiki.hellokittyonline.com/ind...ection_(Part_1) to see the final quests, the items you need, and the rewards.

I finished Dream Carnival

I turned in 22 out of 27 clothing items, I just did not have patience to earn another 140-150+ crystals in games 1 by 1. IF they would have had either 2 or 3 dream fragment quest rewards per 1 game each, I would have continued, but that's just too long and drawn out for someone anxious to start the real game.

I am now full of clothing, I guess I can throw away the female items and make room? When do we get more inventory slots? I gathered about 70 clovers and 24 rares so far, and hit level 3 and 4 in plant gathering so far. I am at planting 5 spinach & potatoes and just don't have the room, even with a fully empty and available backpack there just is not room. Is it an Item Mall cash item? Is it a quest item that will open 3-4-5 spots as you go along? Hit a certain level and earn some more?

Another question about your farm. On Dream Carnival, there was NO tutorial at all for planting, which was strange, especially for younger kids that would have no idea what to do or how to start off.

I, on the other hand, have played Farmville for years now. On there, you till the soil, plant seeds, water them, then put fertilizer on top. Here, you water the ground, fertilize the watered ground, then plant the seeds.

I was confused about the life cycles of plants. You wait until they are fully bloomed, then gather them 4 times, then they grow smaller, then chop 4 times, and if you chop the 5th time, you can remove it from the plot? I'm guessing you can harvest them indefinitely, over and over, and just wait 1 minute until they go from shrunken medium size back to full bloom again?

So if you do not water them the next day, (which 1 day is equal to an hour, correct?) then they will die. I knew I was leaving DC and it did not matter, so I just chopped them down and got branches and withered leaves. If you watered them, would they come back to life and bloom again? How does this work when you are logging out for 16 hours for work and sleep? Do you have to buy enough water to water all the plots again to bring them back to life? Do you need to clear your field completely before you go to bed so you do not waste them when they die, and only get branches and withered leaves?

Senior Member azog@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I'm gonna partially quote your message for each item. But do check out the wiki, it has a lot of information which might be useful. Since much of the below is regarding farming, I'll refer you to http://wiki.hellokittyonline.com/ind...ide_to_Farming

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsi@hellokitty.com View Post
    I am now full of clothing, I guess I can throw away the female items and make room? When do we get more inventory slots? I gathered about 70 clovers and 24 rares so far, and hit level 3 and 4 in plant gathering so far. I am at planting 5 spinach & potatoes and just don't have the room, even with a fully empty and available backpack there just is not room. Is it an Item Mall cash item? Is it a quest item that will open 3-4-5 spots as you go along? Hit a certain level and earn some more?
    For inventory slots, you get one additional row (5 slots) every 5th level, so by the time you reach level 30, you'll have a fully unlocked bag. Your farm has 4 pages of 50 slots, 200 slots total. That's fixed, it never increases or decreases. You'll need to manage your farm warehouse. Many of us create secondary accounts, called mules, to carry items we don't wish to destroy, but can no longer keep in our warehouses.

I, on the other hand, have played Farmville for years now. On there, you till the soil, plant seeds, water them, then put fertilizer on top. Here, you water the ground, fertilize the watered ground, then plant the seeds.
    You can't plant a seed until the plot is fertilized, and you can't grow until there is water, but it's not necessarily that order. You can place the fertilizer first, then plant the seeds, and go back and water each plot individually. Or you can put the water down first, fertilize it, then plant the seed.

But since water is consumed each end-of-day, whether there is a seed growing or not, I tend to water it last. Lots of time, I play "beat the clock".

And since since fertilizer lasts until you use it, what I like to do is fertilize each plot even if I don't plant it.

I think there are even an item mall buffs, all farm fertilizer and all farm watering. But just remember that water is consumed, so I tend to find the full farm watering buff to be a little wasteful of resources.

I was confused about the life cycles of plants. You wait until they are fully bloomed, then gather them 4 times, then they grow smaller, then chop 4 times, and if you chop the 5th time, you can remove it from the plot? I'm guessing you can harvest them indefinitely, over and over, and just wait 1 minute until they go from shrunken medium size back to full bloom again?.
    Gathering "in the wild" is different from gathering on the farm. In the wild, you have 5 pulls before the plant needs to regenerate. After a minute or so, it regenerates and you can gather from it again. You'll find yourself planning a cycle where you can circle around 3-4 different resource nodes and time it where you return just when the plant is ready to be harvested again.

On the farm, things are different. What happens when they start to grow: the first sign of life is a bare tree, and then the next sign of life is when you can actually gather from them. Each turn is 5 pulls, then you need to wait for it to re-grow. There are 6 turns, so you have a total of 30 pulls per seed. After that, the seed is dead and you have to chop it down if you want to reuse that plot (some of us like to keep the dead trees around, they actually add a nice decoration, like the lime trees)

So if you do not water them the next day, (which 1 day is equal to an hour, correct?) then they will die. I knew I was leaving DC and it did not matter, so I just chopped them down and got branches and withered leaves. If you watered them, would they come back to life and bloom again? How does this work when you are logging out for 16 hours for work and sleep? Do you have to buy enough water to water all the plots again to bring them back to life? Do you need to clear your field completely before you go to bed so you do not waste them when they die, and only get branches and withered leaves?
    Each slice of the time of day pie is 10 minutes, 5 slices, so it's about 50 minutes. If you miss one watering session, you will receive a system notice warning you, so you have time to get back. If you miss the second watering session, the plants are dead. Farm time halts when you are logged off.