+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Travelling

Travelling

Some people want a good career, others want a family, I just want to travel. When I was about 5 I would order travel brochures hehe.

I am from the UK and in 2008 I InterRailed around Europe for a month. It was great seeing so many places. I've also been to Morocco and Egypt in Africa. Currently they are the furthest I've been from home.

This May I am off around the world for 4 months starting with LA where I'll travel around for a few weeks before flying over to Auckland. There Ill explore all of New Zealand for 2 months, possibly in a little camper-van. Then I go to Hong Kong for 10 days then to Mumbai in India where I'll get the train down to Goa.

These details are still quite rough but I am very excited. When I return I will start saving up for my next adventures. Maybe Camp America or Camp Australia. I also want to travel across Canada and go on a cruise to the Arctic. Oh and I want to go to Japan of course.
    Save the world: Recycle!

The SanrioTown Guy chaosvirus@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Wow you've been to a lot of places already!

I want to travel too myself but I'm afraid I don't have the money to spare. I've only been to two other countries: Hong Kong and Vietnam. I only stayed there for a short time though and it was from the expense of my parents....

It all happened long ago when I was still young.

So you consider traveling your hobby? That's a pretty expensive hobby you've got right there.

I am very lucky to have been to so many places but there are still so many more to explore

I was very in debt after uni mid-2009 so have been saving up ever since. I will be travelling on a tight budget though so no fancy hotels or posh meals hehe. I prefer hostels anyway. Free breakfasts and much more social. In fact, I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel.

As for travelling being an expensive hobby, it is as pricey as you want it to be. You could just pack a bag and hitch-hike for free (I saw a video online about an American couple who hitch-hiked all around the world) or you could spend a fortune flying everywhere and staying in top hotels.

I personally wouldn't hitch-hike as I think it is a big too dangerous and I'm a wuss :P When travelling around Europe I mainly slept in a tent, although I did sleep in a train station twice haha. Not fun!

When I talk to people about travelling, I often get the response 'I really want to go ___ but I'll never get the chance', to which I say 'Never say never'. Life does indeed set you back (I was meant to leave for 4 years in 2009 but now it's just 4 months 2011), but you never know what is around the corner
    Save the world: Recycle!

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosvirus@hellokitty.com View Post
    So you consider traveling your hobby? That's a pretty expensive hobby you've got right there.
    Of course traveling is a hobby. It doesn't always have to be expensive though. My family and I like to stay with friends when we travel. We have friends and family all over the country.

US wish list: Grand Canyon, Las Vegas (I think I'm going in August.), Boston, LA, Seattle, Lake Tahoe, Alaska, and I'll think of some more later...

I would like to go out of the US though. I have a passport and I'm ready to use it! My wish list: Europe (all of it! every single country!!), Canada, Japan, China, Thailand, Egypt, Victoria Falls (between Zambia and Zimbabwe), Ngorongoro Conservation area (in Tanzania), Australia. (probably some more, but that's enough for now.)
    The best things in life are free... Except for chocolate!

Senior Member kcloh@hellokitty.com.my's Avatar
    Do consider making Malaysia your next stop as it is much value for your monies. Things are rather very cheap, here. From hotel rooms to food. There many other options too, including home stay programme. Click on the internet and you will find the details. The country is rather save with no political unrest, violence street demo or natural disaster. Thought the people here is from multi races and multi culture ethnic groups, they are generally, very friendly and generous, too.

i want to travel too
    but i have to study as well.
    when i finish school ( which is not long now) i wish to visit some places around the world sounds fun!!
    ^^

i have been to Los Angeles, hollywood, san jose, new york and toronto before but i really want to
    go to Korea, Japan, Hong Kong (places around Asia) and also Europe like france, paris....SHOPPINGGGG!!! MUAHHA

yea!! Malaysian things seems cheap. im not too sure, just an experience from buying clothes online.. their stuffs pretty cheap DD i like keke

Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Aw ! Aframe you travel a lot of places ! I wish i can travel as yours . I'm too busy in my business (petshop) while playing HKO everyday . Lols . Take care hun !

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Latin America is a pretty diverse place to go:

Ancient ruins, bustling cities, virgin jungles. On one NatGeo travel review they said it had everything!

Mind you, some countries are prone to instability.

May I suggest the Isle of Man for a quintessential countryside place? I went there and it's absolutely wonderful.

I have travelled a lot for my age (I'm 17) thanks to the fact that in my native country retirees get discount of 35% in travel packages unless it's a special offer.

I have gone to USA, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Spain, Italy, Egypt, Isle of Man, England.

Everyone of these places was wonderful and I do hope to repeat the experience. I will be going to Scotland some time soon thanks to my stepdad.

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Wow, where do you live? I wanna move there so we can get discount trips, haha.
    The best things in life are free... Except for chocolate!

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dudette4475@hellokitty.com View Post
    Wow, where do you live? I wanna move there so we can get discount trips, haha.
    I used to live in Panama (my birth country). But only (national) retirees get the discounts. My grandparents paid for the trip and my mum then paid them. It really gets a lot of money off your neck when reserving!

Now I'm living to another country, so soon I'll have to add Panama to the list of countries I have visited XD.