+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Angry What exactly is the criteria for locking posts?

What exactly is the criteria for locking posts?

Because I don't think the one that says "posting an/several item/s more than once" is being applied rationally for certain things.

For example, the eevee game in Forum games was locked because some of the evolutions of eevee (leafeon, jolteon and umbreon to be exact) were posted more than once, but we can not avoid them posting them more than once since eevee's evolutions are part of a limited set! The fun of that fame was that you didn't had to think much and to jog your memory!

Also happened in the Yummy or Yucky Game!,which was locked because some food items were posted more than one (and there was an epic post by the admin with some of the items), but seriously, it's food. Some people haven't been out that much or haven't tried that many different things or just don't know that much (especially the younger members), so their repertoire (so to speak) is going to necessarily limited; and there were 65 pages worth of posts.

Nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody is going to sift through 65 pages of posts to see what has been posted already and what hasn't. And as long as individuals aren't repeating the same food items again and again, and people don't answer the same questions again and again instead of waiting for somehting new, it should be fine.

Sometimes people can't come up with something new and exiting but they want to take part in a friendly game so they post whatever goes through their heads first.

We can't be original all the time.

Look, I know that the admin's intentions are good (and that it was done to minimise spam and etc., etc.), but those particular instances were a bit overzealous and it would be nice to avoid this sort of thing in the future.
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I agree with Seafairy. Many threads have too many pages and by the time we go through all of them to see if they have already posted that someone else might already post the thing you wanted to post!

Some threads have double posting because that's what it's about! They even locked my Trick or Treat thread just because it's not Halloween! It doesn't need to be a holiday just so you can play a game! Games are supposed to be available 24 hours a day the 365 days of the year (unless they're changing it)!

There are users here of all ages and new users everyday that don't know that they've been double posting!

I've also found threads that have been locked for no specific reason!

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

Baby monkey on a pig sarahkat00@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I agree, too! Most of the threads that I made are locked! People probley want to come back to the game and play! Sanriotown is just mixed up a lot these days :/

❤️choco
    luv❤️

'Never Judge A Book By It's Cover'
    I dont agree.Its just that Its pretty fair.I ban you Because... is like a Random one ;However,it is in the Foum rules,no duble posting.

I think LadyLyka might be gere soon.
    I'm inactive. Thanks for everything.

Super Hello Kitty Fan cutievee123@mymelody.com's Avatar

Please Read

The locked threads have sufficient reasons why they were locked. Please check the end of the locked threads first for the reasons. The moderator does not lock threads without reason. Furthermore, those locked threads were either:

[1] Those threads are already irrelevant [halloween/thanksgiving/any past event thread] Note: you can still post a new thread for this year's holiday, just indicate the year.
    [2] Those threads were used by the spammers to spam [posting irrelevant/nonsense posts/comments]
    [3] Some threads have multiple repeat posts [violation of forum rule #9]
    [4] Some threads were used for advertising suspicious sites [violation of forum rule #4]
    [5] There were some threads wherein all those who posted were suspicious [same username format, same IP etc].
    [6] Those locked threads [example: the eevee game and yucky or yummy game] seem to go on and on. Yes, eevee evolutions "are part of a limited set", that is why once the members cannot post any unique eevee anymore, we have to lock the thread so as not to violate rule #9.
    [7] Some threads have already resolved issues, as confirmed by the threadstarters but some members still tend to post "yeah, i agree!" or some posts that can be considered as spam or irrelevant. [violation of forum rule #3]
    [8] Some threads were used to sell items or get personal information [violation of forum rule #4]
    [9] Some threads were used as chatrooms. [violation of forum rule #5]

The bottomline is, we just want to keep the forums clean and free of spam. Please do not post just for the sake of posting or just for making your number of posts high. Make your post count.

For the forum rules, please click this link:
    http://forum.sanriotown.com/showthre...16-Forum-Rules

Reminder to all: Please do not post just for the sake of posting or just for making your number of posts high. Make your posts count.

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    But some threads have been here for a very long time and they have spams and other things that the forum rules say aren't allowed, why is it we didn't get messages about locking them until now?

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

Quote Originally Posted by londonluv86@hellokitty.com View Post
    But some threads have been here for a very long time and they have spams and other things that the forum rules say aren't allowed, why is it we didn't get messages about locking them until now?
    Part of the moderation duties is to review all posts, present or past. Some very old threads were bumped by totally irrelevant posts/spam repeatedly. That calls the attention of the moderator to review these threads. I have mentioned all reasons above. I hope you all understand.
    Reminder to all: Please do not post just for the sake of posting or just for making your number of posts high. Make your posts count.

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I understand, yes, but the thing is that you said:

Quote Originally Posted by cutievee123@mymelody.com View Post
    [6] Those locked threads [example: the eevee game and yucky or yummy game] seem to go on and on. Yes, eevee evolutions "are part of a limited set", that is why once the members cannot post any unique eevee anymore, we have to lock the thread so as not to violate rule #9.
    The whole point of forum games is that they go on and on. That's why they're games. And rules can be flexible, we didn't had these kind of issues with admins before because, while certainly t can be in violation of the rule, the rationale can allow for it as long as members aren't spamming.

And this is just for fun but getting strictly technical, in the eevee game there were 64 possible posts because we could count on the second question as part of the same unique post, so by permutation 64 posts are allowed (8 possible options and 2 but we can only choose 2 = 64 permutations). But it didn't had 64 posts, nor was it allowed to go up to the point where it could have 64 posts. I recognise I'm stretching technicality to its limit but the point still holds (sorta... XD).

Now, getting serious, the rules say:

"Furthermore, make sure that each comment you enter on the forums is only posted once." Emphasis mine.

It doesn't say that all the comments in any one thread must be only entered once. It only says that one person must enter any one comment once. So, it doesn't matter if, in the Yummy or Yucky Game! user #1 posts "Pizza?" and user #2 posts 20 pages later "Pizza?" if user #1 doesn't post "Pizza?" again because the rule only holds at an individual level!

I agree with most of the things you've said, but these are my pet peeves. I like how sanriotown doesn't have much spam (I can't remember the last time I saw spam) and how it's friendly and nice, and I appreciate the hard work the admins put into sanrio but again, a little overzealous.
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)

Quote Originally Posted by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com View Post

And this is just for fun but getting strictly technical, in the eevee game there were 64 possible posts because we could count on the second question as part of the same unique post, so by permutation 64 posts are allowed (8 possible options and 2 but we can only choose 2 = 64 permutations).
    I appreciate the computation. These are my concerns for the said forum game: [check points [5] and [6]]

It doesn't say that all the comments in any one thread must be only entered once. It only says that one person must enter any one comment once. So, it doesn't matter if, in the Yummy or Yucky Game! user #1 posts "Pizza?" and user #2 posts 20 pages later "Pizza?" if user #1 doesn't post "Pizza?" again because the rule only holds at an individual level!

As for the "Yucky or Yummy" game, there are millions of food choices to be mentioned. Why post the same item more than once? The responsibility of the members who want to join this specific forum game is to check whether their intended food entry has been mentioned before or not. I have checked the pages and the distances between the similar posts were 1-2 or at most 4 pages apart and from the same person/s.

I think I have said enough. I am closely monitoring the site not due to "overzealous" -ness, but because of previous instances wherein this site is being used for other means and in ways not according to the forum rules.

Just a reminder to all: Please do not post just for the sake of posting or just for making your number of posts high. Make your posts count.

Senior Member pikachugirl009@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I understand, yes, but the thing is that you said:

The whole point of forum games is that they go on and on. That's why they're games. And rules can be flexible, we didn't had these kind of issues with admins before because, while certainly t can be in violation of the rule, the rationale can allow for it as long as members aren't spamming.

And this is just for fun but getting strictly technical, in the eevee game there were 64 possible posts because we could count on the second question as part of the same unique post, so by permutation 64 posts are allowed (8 possible options and 2 but we can only choose 2 = 64 permutations). But it didn't had 64 posts, nor was it allowed to go up to the point where it could have 64 posts. I recognise I'm stretching technicality to its limit but the point still holds (sorta... XD).

Now, getting serious, the rules say:

"Furthermore, make sure that each comment you enter on the forums is only posted once." Emphasis mine.

I agree with most of the things you've said, but these are my pet peeves. I like how sanriotown doesn't have much spam (I can't remember the last time I saw spam) and how it's friendly and nice, and I appreciate the hard work the admins put into sanrio but again, a little overzealous.

i agree. cuz in the eevee game one user said umbreon. and a few pages later another said umbreon. but they're different users. so thats not really double posting.

also though i admire lady lyka i still think she can be a little harsh. just sayin.
    Last edited by pikachugirl009@hellokitty.com; 03-27-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    im a tomboy who is lovely. ♪

to see my blog click on this link. http://blog.hellokitty.com/pikachugirl009