+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64
    Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    There's a lot of songs I like in there.
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

The artist from that lot that I am considering buying is Belinda Carlisle. I already have the likes of Martika, The Bangles and now Debbie Gibson, my BC shortage is inexcusable. Then again, I may have her songs on compilations?

Friday - IU

Classic case of releasing a great song on an extended version of an album, then pulling that album because it was an LE and making the song unavailable on CD.

Our Lips Are Sealed - Go Go's (Belinda Carlisle) (1982)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3kQlzOi27M

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    I loved that song when young and it is still good now!
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

I actually bought a Belinda Carlisle collection 2 days ago, but couldn't do proper research due to internet speed. It turns out the songs I was after are shortened radio edits, which really irks me. It's no wonder no one is buying CDs when they screw around with consumers by giving them inferior versions whenever they do buy the artists music. I paid extra for a CD with a DVD of the music videos, but could have bought the full length songs on a cheaper collection. That said, I may buy the original album as I don't like remasters anyway.

(My internet is on dial up speed right now because something either downloaded in the background all my monthly download usage allowance or my ISP has screwed up my records. It was made far worse because something in the background was downloading until I terminated it, but I don't know what it was only the windows service it was running, and I took me about 30 minutes just to get my order processed! I am stuck like this for 2 **************** weeks, which means I probably won't be doing anymore of the '90s song for a few weeks. That said, I do still have some peak hour usage allowance last I looked and there is a slim possibility.)

I'd have bought the Go-Go's CDs by now if they were in an inexpensive pack. They're available for a fair price individually, but we'll see. I'm also thinking I should look into some random ballet DVDs. I used to watch a few ballets and I'd like to get into them again, but I've gone cold to classical music of late.
    Last edited by dwayne2004@hellokitty.com; 09-09-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Latest '90s react video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAZ2eO4Fxw4

They already covered Metallica's Enter Sandman on Kids React, why not Nothing Else Matters or the Unforgiven? And they are 'screamo' music?

Again, I don't like most of their selections. I grew up in the '90s and never heard that Dixie Chicks song (heard of the group, though; knew nothing about them and don't particularly care to). The Montel Jordan song is a song I never gave a seconds worth of consideration to, so why is it picked out as a noteworthy '90s song? I guess the teens there know it, so maybe it's just me but it's really plain. MC Hammer? Really? Why? The only ones who liked that song in 1990 were <11 year olds, or it seemed that way, and I was one and I liked it all for about 1 hour. Why choose American Woman by Lenny Kravitz, a cover song, when you could have selected Are You Going My Way?

Baby One More Time by Britney is perhaps a necessary inclusion, but I don't like it.

The only good '90s selection there was B**** by Meredith Brooks.

Bought my first April CD and 2 others which arrived today. I had been after Dreaming, but love Muah too but couldn't justify the single cost for that. Then all copies of Dreaming vanished, I guess went out of print. I was after one of those inexpensive signed copies that kept turning up but kept being outbid by a few dollars on.

The new album has versions of both Muah and Dream Candy as bonus tracks. I'm not sure what the deal is with them, whether they have just had an added length to them and the songs are the same or not. I did preview it a half year or so ago and think the intro was different, but as for the body of the song? I suspect they have probably remastered it with horrible levels of noise compression, but I'm going under the assumptions the songs are mainly the same.

This was the newest songs of theirs that I kind of liked (I tried either one or both of the songs released and didn't connect with them). They are a sweet, girly-girl group.

I wouldn't mind if K-Pop artists took refuge in Australia if war breaks out on the Korean peninsula... More Australians need to hear the music of the region.

The other two items I bought were AoA's latest album and that Secret EP with I Do, I Do.