+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Junior Member cherrychocochip@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Learning a Language? Just for Fun?

I'm learning Mandarin Chinese, just for fun. Sometimes when someone finds out, they'll ask why. And then they'll give me a speech about how I'll never use that language, so why bother learning it.

I already speak English, of course, and I know enough Spanish to communicate effectively. I see nothing wrong with learning other languages for fun. I know I'll never use any of them, but I know a lot of phrases and words in German, Japanese, French, Russian, and Dutch, too. Languages are great!

Are any of you guys learning a new language?

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I can speak a little bit of Spanish, German, french, Chinese, Thai. Much of it done with Google Translate to talk to players in those languages. But I mostly speak English.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

☆ ♥คฬєร๏๓є♥ ☆ daniel311_2009@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrychocochip@hellokitty.com View Post
    I'm learning Mandarin Chinese, just for fun. Sometimes when someone finds out, they'll ask why. And then they'll give me a speech about how I'll never use that language, so why bother learning it.

I already speak English, of course, and I know enough Spanish to communicate effectively. I see nothing wrong with learning other languages for fun. I know I'll never use any of them, but I know a lot of phrases and words in German, Japanese, French, Russian, and Dutch, too. Languages are great!

Are any of you guys learning a new language?
    I know a little bit of french. I speak spanish and understand it well enough because my family is half hispanic and half american.
    ✿.•❤•❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•♥ ✿.•❤•❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•.❤•.❀.•❤•.❀.
    US/C Server: ♥•♥Herly♥•♥ International Server: ♥•♥Twirly♥•♥
    ♥✿.•❤•❀.•❤•.✿.•❤• ♥✿.•❤•❀.•❤•.✿.•❤• ♥✿.•❤•✿.•❤

。・゚★・。・。 ★・゚・。・゚★・。・。★・゚・。・゚★・。・。★・゚・。・゚★・。。・゚★
    My Blog Link: http://blog.hellokitty.com/daniel311_2009
    My Blog Image:
    <a href=http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7343/499786406aa192em3.jpg target=_blank>http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/734...06aa192em3.jpg</a>
    。・゚★・。・。 ★・゚・。・゚★・。・。★・゚・。・゚★・。・。★・゚・。・゚★・。。★

☆ ♥คฬєร๏๓є♥ ☆

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I'm learning Japanese. I have no reason why, I'll never use it, but it's fun to impress my friends with my Japanese speech. And my best friend is learning Spanish.
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

I know french, spanish, and chinese. And English. I know french as well as French.
    Inspire. Create. Believe. Achieve. That's just what I do.

My native language is English, plus i know basic Japanese and French. I'll be taking Spanish I next year in school. >.< i'm also teaching myself Korean, because i want to be a teacher in South Korea when i get older ^^

I learned French in my freshmen and sophmore year.
    I speak Vietnamese, English, and German listed in order from most fluent to least.

Junior Member cherrychocochip@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trombone@mymelody.com View Post
    I learned French in my freshmen and sophmore year.
    I speak Vietnamese, English, and German listed in order from most fluent to least.
    German is pretty cool! I may try that after Chinese. Was it easy to learn?

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I liked learning Japanese, Spanish, and, Greek^^ Those were fun to me^^
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD

MoMo Love mo_mo_mo_mo@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    i was born learning spanish and had to learn enghlish. I also speak Freanch and Italian!
    Don't be a chicken.