+ Reply to Thread

Manga with STRONG female lead?

Hi,
    I really really want a manga with a really strong, cool female lead. One that stands up for herself and is emotionally strong (but physically would be a plus). I dislike ditzy, blushing 'Oh my God I think I like him but does he like me?' sort of girls who are so weak, pathetic and always have to have the male lead to protect them. typical heroines are just *shudder*. I want a girl who doesn't blush and cry and her destiny isn't to find 'true love' or her 'prince' or anything else. I'd like comedy and romance, don't mind either shoujo or shounen. The ones I've read and liked:
    Dengeki Daisy(great, original story and love the art)
    Beast Master(love the story)
    Beads Club (can't remember the whole name)
    Beauty Pop (Kiri's attitude is unbeatable)
    Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume (Uru is so cute! This manga got me laughing so much)
    Akagami no Shirayukihime (truly an amazing manga!)
    Love so Life (love this manga but its so slow with updating!)
    Kaichou wa maid-sama! (great manga)
    Alice in the Country of Hearts (amusing read, quite liked it)
    Kitchen princess (its ok)
    Last Game (sweet manga)
    Watashi ni xx Shinasai (quite an interesting read, good plot)
    Her Majesty's Dog (Seriously AMAZING)
    Penguin Revolution (cute)
    Crash! (interesting)
    Pika Ichi (really cool)
    Horomiya (New but its good so far)
    Koi Dano Ai Dano and the prequel (loved it)
    Skip Beat (Oh my God SO funny!)
    Oresama Teacher (so cool)
    OHSHC (funny and cool)
    Gakuen Alice (really good)
    and I think there's a few more but can't remember...

No yaoi or yuri please!

And here's an example of what people suggested of a strong female lead but actually WASN'T:
    Kamisama Hajimema****************a I did not think the heroine was strong-willed AT ALL. She always relied on this guy to save her from a situation.

Oh yeah, one more thing, please good art! I don't really like old-fashioned art or the art by Hwang Mi Ri (I think all her stories are the same) or anything. I liked the art of everything that was mentioned above.

I'm really sorry for being so picky! But thats me
    Thank you so much! Really appreciate it!

I'm having trouble thinking of good female leads because I mostly read shonen and seinen.
    I'll get back if I think of any.
    *stares blankly until you're completely creeped out*

Quote Originally Posted by psychoboy@hellokitty.com View Post
    I'm having trouble thinking of good female leads because I mostly read shonen and seinen.
    I'll get back if I think of any.
    Oh no it can be shounen. The only Seinen I read is liar game and I'm not into josei. However through all these times I've been reading mostly shounen and while I'm waiting for releases I like to try out on some shoujo. Thanks anyway

I know what you mean about not liking the blushing shy girl. I watched Kimi Ni Todoke and even though I liked it I could not stand the main character always crying and blushing.

I would say these two have strong female leads:

Switch Girl!!
    Kou Kou Debut

They're both high school romance. Both girls are pretty outgoing and strong-willed, and I really could relate to them. Those were the only two I could think of. I'll let you know if I can think of any more!

Oh, I almost forgot. Nana is a good one, too. I have to warn you that it kind of has mature content, but it's very famous and it has two strong female main characters!
    ✧・゚✰ *:。 moon prism power 。:* ✰・゚✧

Quote Originally Posted by liza@mymelody.com View Post
    I know what you mean about not liking the blushing shy girl. I watched Kimi Ni Todoke and even though I liked it I could not stand the main character always crying and blushing.

I would say these two have strong female leads:

Switch Girl!!
    Kou Kou Debut

They're both high school romance. Both girls are pretty outgoing and strong-willed, and I really could relate to them. Those were the only two I could think of. I'll let you know if I can think of any more!

Oh, I almost forgot. Nana is a good one, too. I have to warn you that it kind of has mature content, but it's very famous and it has two strong female main characters!
    Ah thanks for the recommendations, I liked them both and I'm going to start Nana hopefully

Junior Member missamerica14@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I don't know if an animal "she" would count,but there is Chi's Sweet Home.It's about a feamle cat,so I just thought it was considered "strong".It's a Manga,and it's REALLY cute!!!

first thing that comes to mind is
    SUNAKO NAKAHARA
    yup ._.
    The Wallflower/Perfect Girl Evolution/Yamato Nadeshiko/ Whatever you like to call it
    is just as funny as OHSHC

First thing that comes to my mind is Claymore. I LOVE the manga. It's shounen.
    Manic on US/Canada server
    Manii on International server

When I saw the topic title I was going to refer Kaichou wa maid-sama! to you but it's already on your list. XD I don't know any others, especially since I've been watching anime a lot less.

❤gaiaonline❤ | ❤blog❤
    "For there to be pain, there has to be kindness. For darkness to stand out, there has to be the sun."