+ Reply to Thread

Is it possible to not have a growth spurt?

If it is then I'm short forever and will never get taller than 4'11.
    I don't think I had mine and if I did it was in 3rd grade or below because thats when I actually grew more than 1 inch a year.
    I don't like being short and don't care about 'looking cute' because I have a mature face and can't be 'cute' ...is there anyway to get taller? I'm 13 and the doctor said I'm most likely not going to grow anymore but she never told me how much I've grown throughout the years and she never told me anything about growth spurts!
    so is it true

You keep growing until ur 18-20 they say ur height may be the height of ur mom (for girls) or your dad (for boys) or a little taller than tht. But what you eat is rlly important. If you eat healthy but get a lot of calcium u will grow taller, get a good sleep (Zzz 8-12 hrs) during the night and try to do stretching exercise.

At least thts what teacher told me...

Are most of the women in your family short? If so, this may be the reason your doctor told you that you might not grow much taller. Girls begin a growth spurt between the ages of 11-15 years, however this does not stop entirely until the girl reaches full maturation at the ages of 18-19. You are hitting the puberty stage of life; I'll spare you the long drawn out lectures associated with it, your parents can tell you all about it.

What I don't understand is why you're so upset about being 4'11." What's the deal? Some of my best friends are this height exactly. Aside from having difficultly buying adult dress footwear, they lead perfectly normal, happy lives. Being short doesn't make you inferior, less popular, or less attractive. You'll probably realize this once you get older; your particular age group has a tendency to blow physical differences way out of proportion. I suggest you start coming to terms with the prospect that you just might be a short girl. The sooner you learn to accept it, the happier you will be!
    Last edited by sailor_venus@hellokitty.com; 11-27-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Apparently I can't say the word "s************s" in this forum...

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    You shouldn't feel bad about your height! It's what's inside that counts!

You start growing to your maximum when you're 9-11 years old and reach your complete height until you're 18-20, but there are some reasons why people don't reach their full height:
    -Too much junk food
    -Not enough vegetales/fruit/calcium
    -Not enough sleep
    -Too much time sitting down
    -Too much time indoors instead of outdoors (sedentary life)

And many more! I searched for the same thing last week because I want to grow a bit taller. It said that the teenage time is when our body regenerates and our faces, personality, height, weight, etc. change but it's normal! You might grow or you might have a short height for the rest of your life but it's up to you, not your genes or your parent's genes, it depends on how healthy you are!

Don't worry! No one's perfect! Anything is possible!

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

Quote Originally Posted by londonluv86@hellokitty.com View Post
    You might grow or you might have a short height for the rest of your life but it's up to you, not your genes or your parent's genes, it depends on how healthy you are!
    Actually height is believed to be polygenic; multiple genes combine to form a characteristic. There have been various studies exploring the genetic contributions to height. Environment and diet are other determinants of height, but it is thought that genetic makeup has the greatest influence.

It is important to note that if you eat and live healthy it will not make you grow taller, it will make you grow naturally. There are certain unhealthy lifestyle choices that are thought to inhibit growth, like smoking. If your diet is missing essential nutrients it will most likely inhibit your growth; if however you eat properly you will grow naturally. It's pretty straightforward. Take care of yourself and you will reach your fullest physical potential.

When I was younger I never ate healthy.
    I never ate fruit, rarely ate vegetables. My mom lied and said rice makes you grow taller and I believed it for a long time. My diet was always carbs...there were times I did eat fruit. Then she stoped buying it (this was in 2nd grade-ish) She never ate vegetables or fruit in front of me so when I was young I thought you didn't need to. (same with Milk too she always drank coffee or soda....)
    I was always short to begin with but I met shorter people who are most likely going to get taller than me.
    I'm not even 4'11...4'10.
    I try taking care of myself and force fruit down but spit it out (I seriously fail)
    When I heard a rumor that you stop growing 2 years after your umm time of the month
    I got freaked out because I was one of the youngest to get it out of all my peers so...I tried to lose weight, drink lots of milk until my stomach hurt, tried to eat as many vegetables as I could, completely cut out soda from my diet (people at my house always buy soda...and junk food...) and other sweets. I thought it would make me taller...it barely worked.

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectpanda37@mymelody.com View Post
    I guess it is my fault I'm short but...she did threaten me once to get Growth Hormone in me if I didn't get taller and it was scary. I don't care if she meant it as a joke or not O-o
    Also I was never in any sports because I guess my parents thought "skinny" automatically meant "fit"...
    I was always short to begin with but I met shorter people who are most likely going to get taller than me.
    I try taking care of myself and force fruit down but spit it out (I seriously fail)
    When I heard a rumor that you stop growing 2 years after your umm time of the month
    I got freaked out because I was one of the youngest to get it out of all my peers so...I tried to lose weight, drink lots of milk until my stomach hurt, tried to eat as many vegetables as I could, completely cut out soda from my diet (people at my house always buy soda...and junk food...) and other sweets. I thought it would make me taller...it barely worked.
    It's no one's fault! Nature is very strange but for a reason we don't know yet.

Exercise is important no matter what.

I got my time of the month when I was 11, I just turned 14 and I've grown 20cm. So don't believe that.

The truth is that nothing is ever going to MAKE you taller, but you can grow to your body's maximum height! Not even Willy Wonka's taffy machine will make you grow!

I believe you have your arms, legs, eyes, nose, etc. What else do you need? Height shouldn't affect you, after all we're all humans!

Smile!

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

Quote Originally Posted by londonluv86@hellokitty.com View Post
    It's no one's fault! Nature is very strange but for a reason we don't know yet.

Exercise is important no matter what.

I got my time of the month when I was 11, I just turned 14 and I've grown 20cm. So don't believe that.

The truth is that nothing is ever going to MAKE you taller, but you can grow to your body's maximum height! Not even Willy Wonka's taffy machine will make you grow!

I believe you have your arms, legs, eyes, nose, etc. What else do you need? Height shouldn't affect you, after all we're all humans!

Smile!
    thank you very much :')
    you comment made my day.
    Lately some of my friends who are starting to tower over me are now laughing that I'm the shortest of all of them. Of course the only one who doesn't is cats101@mymelody.com....