Closed Thread

Question Do I like him, even though my heart doesn't beat faster?

These days I've been thinking about a guy friend more frequently. He's a cool guy who puts a smile on my face and a few months ago, I was wondering if I liked him too. But when I think about him or see him, my heart doesn't beat faster. I'm not getting those butterflies. Does this mean I don't really like him?

Senior Member kcloh@hellokitty.com.my's Avatar
    I think it is more that you are comfortable with him. If the liking (more of a crush) is in the picture, I'm sure your inner body will react very differently i.e. heart beats become more rapid, feeling butterflies etc. No harm to explore your inner feelings if you are still unsure. You can get him into your study group or group outing to find it out, for sure.

Really the butterfly feelings and heart racing is all due to hormones (Dopamine being one). Usually as a teenager you feel it quite a bit because at that stage it's all about hormonal imbalances (= Drama city). And sometimes all of it is triggered because you're nervous and excited. So I agree with the first reply that you're probably comfortable with the guy. This doesn't mean you're NOT attracted to him or anything like that. My current boyfriend of 7 years was my best guy friend. So obviously I didn't get any butterflies because we knew each other already. And I'll tell you that without that "OMG IS HE THE ONE?!" feeling, my relationship with my guy went really smooth. And we're planning to get married in the near future <3

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Congratulations to you! That is very sweet. I agree with you in that 'butterflies' is just your hormones acting up again. They don't really mean anything. You usually just get those around someone you're physically attracted to. Your heart could beat faster around a guy, and he could be the biggest jerk in the world. I think the good ones are the ones who you don't have such a reaction to; you're more comfortable with them than intimidated by them.

But I really wouldn't know, so why am I posting?! XD I'm not interested in dating yet!
    The best things in life are free... Except for chocolate!

So the next best thing to do is, explore it by having a group study or group outing to find if you really like him and whether he responded in that same direction too. No harm in doing that and yet you may find the answer after a few sessions. Take it as you are just befriended him. I hope you will find your happiness, in time ^^

Hey everyone, thanks for replying, I really appreciate it.
    Well, I figured it couldn't be considered as much of a crush since the butterflies didn't exist;
    like you've said, I'm just comfortable around the guy but I still confessed because I needed a resolve to put an end to these ambiguious feelings.

You see, I talk to him everyday on MSN and sometimes briefly at school. On MSN, he always asks who I like because he's sort of a nosy person but throughout all those times, I didn't like anyone so I couldn't give an answer.

Today, I pulled him aside after school and I told him that although I didn't like anyone, I did think about him. I had hoped that he would either reject me or accept my feelings but he sort of left me hanging. He replied saying, "aww, that's cute." Then he patted my shoulder and walked back into the school. So in the end I couldn't get much of a resolve but he won't be asking who I like anymore. We'll still be friends because he's not an awkward kind of guy. I just hope he doesn't tell anyone. :$

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    It definitely sounds like the two of you are comfortable with each other and it doesn't seem like it will be leading into a relationship.. but you never know what will happen in the future. You two are definitely at a good starting point if you build a solid friendship.

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Haha yeah I guess you're right ;P but I don't think he's very interested in me. My intuition and I just don't think I'm his type ;P But I never expected a relationship out of this so I'm fine ;P

Thanks again everyone! ;P

I'm glad there is temporary solution to this, for time being. Let keep our options in life, open. There are plenty choices more to meet, evaluate and decide in time to come. Obtacles coming into contact with us too can impacted our life. Remember, life goes on and appreciate every moments you live with, to enjoy and stay happy with. Cheers ^^

Super Hello Kitty Fan cutievee123@mymelody.com's Avatar
    Last active post: 04-01-2011 10:05 AM

Thread locked.
    Reminder to all: Please do not post just for the sake of posting or just for making your number of posts high. Make your posts count.