+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blackheads

Blackheads

I have very tiny blackheads on my nose, and have no clue how to get rid of them.
    Or maybe they're not really blackheads, but tiny hairs on my nose (ew)?

Does anyone have helpful tips on how to get rid of blackheads?
    I tried the non-toxic glue and St.Ives apricot scrub and those didn't do anything.

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    They usually come out because you don't wash your face with soap regularly. I'm not very sure how they go away but I guess they go away by themselves since I used to have some and now they're gone, well they disappeared after I started to wash my face with at least water every night.

Although they could be tiny hair too, it's normal for it to grow on your nose especially if you are in your teenage years, but the good thing is that people don't really notice them unless they're only two inches away from your face. I'm not sure what they're called but there's something that you put on your nose for a couple of minutes then slowly take it off and the hair is gone with no pain, although you might feel something the first time but it's normal since you aren't used to it.

Try not to use soap for your face that is too creamy because it could probably also be the reason why the blackheads come out and you could start getting pimples too, I just washed my face with water and very little soap and the pimples went away. But there's more possibility that it's just small hair.

Either way, I hope this helps! Don't feel too bad for it, that's something we have all been through! Just smile!

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

I'm sure they're not blackheads because they've been there forever, I think it's tiny hair.

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Then you shouldn't worry much about it, it happens to EVERYONE!

I'm sure they sell products at the pharmacy that help get rid of them in a safe and easy way, maybe you could ask your parents, friends if they know what to use to get rid of them if they really bother you and don't be afraid to ask them! They'll understand, I'm sure

Good luck!

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

My mom doesn't know what the scrapy thing is and said I should wax it O_o (I hate waxing, even more acne forms...)

You could use strips for your blackheads, or anti-blackhead cleanser, or both. I recommend Biore's products, they work really well for me.

Strips are sold in boxes, and each one has its own packaging. I usually put one on after I get out of the shower so my pores have opened up a bit, so it's easier for the dirt to come out. To use them you just wet your nose then apply the strip after removing it from its packaging and removing the plastic part. Then you leave it on for about fifteen minutes, until it hardens then slowly pull it off. You should be able to see tiny dirt on the strip that was in your pores on your nose. And these strips you use only once a week. Cleanser you can use daily if you want, or just a few times a week.

You could also try making strips with flavourless gelatin. You just need milk and some flavourless gelatin powder which you can get in grocery stores. You have to warm up some milk then mix in the powder and then you apply the mixture onto your nose, wait, and peel it off.

Would the pore strips Michelle Phan made work?

I haven't tried them myself yet but they should work as long as you follow instructions.

Junior Member nora_ko@kuririnmail.com's Avatar
    May or may not help depending on how bad it is or how old the afflicted is, but Head & Shoulders Classic shampoo is good for slowing oil production in the skin if the underlying problem is a greasy face. It does a phenomenal job on my acne and blackheads, and while it doesn't completely get rid of the blackheads on my nose, it feels so much cleaner that I forget the blackheads are even there, and they become so much lighter that someone could only see them from up close. Your mileage may vary.

I have found that strips don't really work. What does work is retin-a, benzoyl peroxide or a salicylic acid peel. You have to be very careful with the peel, or you can damage your skin. I would try the benzoyl peroxide first.