+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Have no clue what I want to be

At first I was thinking of dermatology because I like looking at skin care products and such, and learning how to cure acne. Then interior design (my mom would murder me for saying this...) because I do enjoy working on interior of houses (although this is more of a free time thing).
    What I really love though (dermatology includes weird nasty stuff wrong with skin right?) is actually making skin care products myself and would like to make a business for it in the future. What's someone who makes skin care products called, besides a scientist?

What are jobs that give higher pay? I know cosmeticians have to know how to do makeup and stuff, but I have no idea how to use makeup (not allowed and don't know 80% of it anyway) plus it's hypocritical since I'm not what most people would call beautiful. What should I do? My parents want me to be a radiologist, which doesn't seem that bad, but it's long hours and doesn't seem to be enjoyable.

Junior Member melontea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Well, for starters I don't think you should have a career that your parents want you to have if that's not what you truly want to do in life. In the end, your happiness is all that matters and if you're not happy with your job in the future, there won't be a lot of options for you to change that. :c

uh.. I think they're called skin care product manufacturers? I might be wrong tho. You could always go to a beauty school and major in something along the lines of skin care. You don't necessarily have to be able to do make up. And shush! I bet you're pretty and even if you don't think you are, that doesn't mean you can't learn how to do makeup. I hope this helped a bit.
    I love hello kitty & cute things. ♥

I don't know how to wear makeup and my mom won't let me. Plus when people wear makeup they look old...and I already have a mature face so instead of looking 5 years older than I really am, I don't want to look 20 O_o

I dunno about any of those choices.. but the cool thing about life though is that if you don't like what you're doing, you can always change it.

I think there are a lot of people involved that make skin care products. o.O I would imagine, anyway.

Senior Member rachypachy@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    If you like skin care you could do facials in a salon.

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I have had so much experience watching my sister and my brother deciding what to study. My brother has so far been through I think 3 different careers before he finally kept studying to become a chef, although he didn't graduate from the first three careers he studied at least the first year of all of them and now that he's about to graduate this career he says he wants to study to become a vet too, and my brother is 22 years old! My sister is 26 and almost every night she cries because she can't decide what to do after she has finished her career... I'm guessing the truth is that she doesn't really like her career.

What I'm trying to show you here is that you have to really think about it before making the decision and if you do it wrong there should be no reason to feel down and believe that there's nothing to do next.

I only have 4 years to take my decision, and that seems a lot for me so I'm not worrying about it much at the moment Although there are many things that you can do to make this decision easier. While you grow you can change your thoughts, right now I can't decide if I should study acting or veterinary first but the presure that my sister is making me feel to make me become a vet is making me slowly want to get away from that because what I really enjoy doing is taking care of them and playing with animals and making them feel safe and happy so I want to study just simple animal health and care, although I thank you sister for making me realize that I don't like opening up animals so every time you tell me to become a vet I remember it's my decision not yours

First, think about what you like to do the most, what you enjoy doing at any time, what you like to do when you feel angry or sad or stressed and it makes you forget it and makes that feeling go away, something that makes you leave real life for a little moment and makes you feel happy. I have always believed that there is no age limit to do what you want to do and be who you want to be, as long as you are doing what you most enjoy then that's enough.

I think that in order to make skin products you need a little experience in skin care, and you can always study two careers and be an interior designer at the same time. In the end all that matters isn't the money, the job, the car, the house, all that matters is that you enjoy life doing what you like the most

I hope this helps and one thing you should always remember is that you NEVER give up on your dreams, no matter what someone else says. It's YOUR decision and I'm sure your family will appreciate it and your parents will be very happy if they see you happy. Good luck!
    Last edited by londonluv86@hellokitty.com; 05-11-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

T.T Thank you so much.

It's just that "If you don't become a doctor, you suck at life" and I have no interest in medicine.

My mom would murder me if I wanted to be an interior designer because she says it's not worth it....

in order to make professional skin care products, would you need to be a scientist?

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectpanda37@mymelody.com View Post
    It's just that "If you don't become a doctor, you suck at life" and I have no interest in medicine.

My mom would murder me if I wanted to be an interior designer because she says it's not worth it....

in order to make professional skin care products, would you need to be a scientist?
    Then don't become a doctor! Don't listen to what others think about a career, in the end it will be your decision, not their decision! If it wouldn't be worth it, why do they call it a career? But parents' advice is helpful too, in the end, they have more experience than you. Try to talk to them about what you want to be and I'm sure that soon they will understand and try to do the best to help you reach your dreams. I'm not sure what you have to study, but I think you need experience on skin care to be able to make skin care products, don't you? You can always ask your teachers or other schools for information!

Good luck! Never give up on your dreams!
    Last edited by londonluv86@hellokitty.com; 05-25-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

Baby monkey on a pig sarahkat00@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Do a job that might inspire you in the future, but check in with your parents first and see what they have to say about that job.

❤️choco
    luv❤️

I told my grandpa's brother (Grand-uncle?)
    what I wanted to do and he said something along the lines of biochemistry or something like that is what making skin care products really is.

I don't know how much you'd make, but everyone wants clean skin.