+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Junior Member steam_fox@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    There's so much pressure surrounding careers these days.
    No wonder you're worried!
    I've found that the right career just comes to you. I'm not saying you won't need to work at it. But one day, something will suddenly make sense, and you'll stick with it.
    Try not to push yourself into making a decision too quickly. That's my best advice.
    And the horrible realistic thing is that no matter what you do, there will be times that it is stressful and you don't enjoy it. You just have to make sure that it is something you will appreciate the end result of.
    You'll be fine, if you have passion for something, then it's never too late.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    You have to be careful when you start thinking this way. Yes it is good to take some time to really think about what you want to do with your life but then you can end up years later still thinking about it. That is what happened to me and is still happening to me while I am approaching forty years old!
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

While 'thinking about it' is good, I subscribe to the idea of "doing" it is better. It doesn't have to be something you like, so long as you get some experience out of it, and you're improving yourself.

Study, get jobs, travel, research, just don't let yourself stagnate. You need to improve yourself even though you can't decide which career is for you yet.

If you like making skin care products, you could become an aromatherapist. There are not many training programs for aromatherapy in the US though. I trained in England. England, France and Japan have the best training programs. You also learn how to do massage and treat other ailments as well as making skin care products with aromatherapy. The course I did was 9 months long, 3 days a week. I still use and practice aromatherapy 10 years later. Many people think it is just about something smelling good, but this is not true.