+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do people still play this game?

Just a quick question, do people still play this game?
    I haven't played this game since last year and was wondering if i should go back to it e__e.

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Yeah, we still play. But if you're not in a guild, (and even sometimes when you are in a guild...) there's not as many people on as some would like. I rarely come across people in my normal questing. But quietness is okay. I mean, if we have questions, we can consult the GMs or the Wiki. Besides, HKO is for entertainment, not fraternization, right?
    The best things in life are free... Except for chocolate!

thats true, but isn't that a little boring /:
    HKO is for entertainment, but im pretty sure socializing with others is more fun.
    I guess i wont be playing hko c:

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    But ya know, if you join a guild, there's more chance of someone being on. And of course there's almost always people in Sanrio Harbor, but who wants to stay there all the time?? (Unless you're a GM or you've finished the game.)
    The best things in life are free... Except for chocolate!

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Being a high level player means you can help the new low level players out. We sometimes help out the GMs with things.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I don't think the game is in a good place right now if you want social interaction through questing and gaming, but as the others pointed out you'll always find a few people in Sanrio Harbour if you're looking for a sit-down chat.

We do have players still playing that were around as far back as 2008 such as Kittynator, but most of the players online now are newer so you'll probably meet some new people to play with!

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

There's not a whole ton of people on the game now. Some guilds are livelier than others. I'm one of those people at Sanrio Harbor XD So if you decide to come on I'll see you there

~CC-chan

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    There also may be a slight upswing in players on the US/C server as we head towards summer (and more people have time to play instead of being in class)
    HKO in game name:

Member eveaustria@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Hm, I think that HKO is much more like a single-player-game than a "real" MMORPG. Also it's a rather small game so you can play through all of the quests quite fast (compared to many other MMORPGs). And most players can't find many reasons to stay in the game for a long time after "finishing" the game. If they do - like the grown-up female members of our guild Cherry Blossoms for instance - they might still not have much to do ingame so you won't be able to see and meet them often...

Good thing is that for playing HKO you won't NEED any help from others like some MMORPGs "out there" do. You'll just need a bit of patience (to get a level 4 farm by doing outgame-activities or for some grind-quests and so on).

On the German servers some couples have been playing together as I know, also mothers and their children, siblings or friends forming groups together.

As a solution to this "I feel all alone on Sanrio Land"-problem I suggest for everyone to please ask a real-life friend or relative of yours to come play HKO together with you. It should be the most fun this way
    Auf meinem Blog http://blog.sanriotown.com/eveaustria:hellokitty.com/ findet ihr Tips für HKO-Spieler. Darunter Fundorte aller Rohstoffe (mit Stufe/Level), Standorte aller NPCs & Monster (mit Level), Pet-Werte (auch Bosse), und eine deutschsprachige Anleitung fürs Bloggen auf Sanrio-Town

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    That's a really good suggestion.

But yes, HKO is a really quick game to finish. Some of the elements that could have kept people around (I'm thinking of the "special" seeds) will hopefully return soon, or Tokyo will final open.
    HKO in game name: