+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It's a very quiet game. you rarely ever find anyone on. Even in Harbour....
    T_T
    (I've been playing HKO for 2 years)
    Last edited by penguinkool97@hellokitty.com; 04-11-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Senior Member acton@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Things died out because of the undeveloped social and guild system. For me I been playing for two years, I try play a few hours a week and not blow though the game. I have not finished New York yet.

Member eveaustria@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinkool97@hellokitty.com View Post
    It's a very quiet game. you rarely ever find anyone on. Even in Harbour....
    Well, Sanrio Harbour isn't the Newbieland anymore. Whenever I'm playing for more than an hour at the Dream Carnival on the German server I will meet new players there though.

However, nearly all of the newbies will quit very soon. This is quite "normal", since statistics tell that most players will stop playing MMORPGs in a very early state. It doesn't take long to see if a game is to your liking or not...

Quote Originally Posted by acton@hellokitty.com View Post
    Things died out because of the undeveloped social and guild system.
    Sadly even a good social system and guild system doesn't help to prevent all the quitting, acton@hellokitty.com - at least not for long. Most of the high-level-players I've known would just drop out of the game without long-time endgame content for advancement in the game, even though the guild was having fun chatting and helping out newer players.

At the time my former guild was still very active it took in many newcomers from Sanrio Harbour and also took care of them a lot. Still most of the newbies wouldn't stay for longer than only for one day, and nearly all of the others would quit around Florapolis (grind) or when reaching London (level 4 farm).

I've been told many different reasons by the quitting players, but most of them just didn't like the quests, calling them "boring", "grindy" and much "too linear" with no option to skip some. Sure there have also been the usual younger players wanting others to be online 24 hours a day dedicated to helping them with every little step. Understandably some of the high-level-players even quit the game because of some too demanding newer players pestering them all day long
    Last edited by eveaustria@hellokitty.com; 04-12-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Auf meinem Blog http://blog.sanriotown.com/eveaustria:hellokitty.com/ findet ihr Tips für HKO-Spieler. Darunter Fundorte aller Rohstoffe (mit Stufe/Level), Standorte aller NPCs & Monster (mit Level), Pet-Werte (auch Bosse), und eine deutschsprachige Anleitung fürs Bloggen auf Sanrio-Town

Junior Member isambob@mymelody.com's Avatar
    I love being able to play with just a few people around me playing the same game. it's annoying when people come up to me trying to talk to me and get to know me when i'm a little busy trying to beat all the quests, haha.

sadface

ugh this place used to be SO BUSY that i couldn't play because my computer kept crashing... now it is so dead that i can't play because i feel like i am playing zombie kitty >.<;; also i kinda rely on other people to help me because i leveled up a long time ago and now i cant learn any skills bwah!! i dunno how to remedy this now lol i am so saddies i really wish there was a way to bring back people

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    It is very sad to logon and see how quiet it is I personally stopped going on every day only recently. If you need any help feel free to poke us here though! You can find most of what you'll need on the official HKO Wiki ^^.

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

When I get on, I usually only go on the US/Canada server and there is rarely anyone there besides the GMs. I am wondering if it is the same on the European servers. Does anyone get on there with any frequency? I have characters on the English server and I would be happy to play there if there is anyone at all to chat with.

Iris

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    From what I've seen at least, Int. seems to have much more players so if you want to get some more social interaction out of the game, it's worth visiting the English world over there. There are players on the French & German worlds as well, but it's not as populated as English.

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Thanks, Ly : )

Iris